Awesome pipes for 08 busa
Hey guys, just found that M4 are also making the retro drag slip-on for the 08 busa. These little guys are beauties.

I've got a pair on my 07 zx14 & they drop 21lbs of weight & give 6-7HP with tuning. They also have a removable baffle which you can take out in seconds. The weight saving is almost as much as a full system for 1/3 the price.

Incredible sound & look. You would be suitably impressed with these babies. They have a real throatiness about them & the idle is just beautiful! Deep, lion roar...definately fit the 'drag' pipe name. The sound through the rev's is so smooth & refined but with that "mean" noise as she winds up. Will scare little children & old women for sure! hahaha Very Happy

Very high quality finish as well, all welds have a quality smooth finish. Not like the cheap D&D pipe I had on my FZR.

Plenty of ground clearance & since the weight is very centralised, the handling improvement is even greater.

They only cost me $650AU (thats with shipping from US) for the pair & they got here in 4 days. Ordered from www.starcycle.com They are shipped by USPS Express & packed very securely. I've ordered 2 pipes from these guys so far & each time I've never had a problem, no customs taxes...squat.

Have a look, pic on the busa & the 14 to give you an idea. I will upload a sound clip including idle, 3k rpm noise level & a few fly-by's tomorrow

[attachment=1965]
[attachment=1966]
Hi Copper,

Looks very nice!

Can yo tell me what you have to do in terms of tuning please.

My K3 had Yoshi R3's on it when I bought it so I have no idea what tuning or mapping is required and where one gets that sort of work done reliably.

I'm really impressed at $650 for a pair. That seems very cheap as I believe a set of Yoshi slip ons are around $1800????

Your advice would be appreciated. Hopefully 08 is a good year for you and everyone on 2 wheels!

Regards & have a safe & happy Xmas.
They run fine without tuning as both the k8 busa and the zx14 come incredibly rich from the factory. The slip-ons help lean out the curve hence tuning isn't necessary. Ofcourse, more power & smoothness can be had with a PCIII and the correct map but mine is running fine without anything yet, no popping, no problems, just beautiful smooth revving...& when you back it off, it has a lion like gurgle...

With the power commander, you will find just about any pipe out there with a corrensponding dyno tuned power commander map. You can just download the corresponding map & load it into your unit & wala! tuned...

A custom tune will yield possibly better results, but there would not be much to had. Only thing I can think of is that in US, 87 octane is the standard pump fuel. Here, almost every man and his dog run 95-98. In general our fuel is wayyy better.

If you have ever taken the mufflers off your busa and gone for a spin, the M4's sound like that but with the volume turned down & more refined. You get that fierce sound when you gun it and let off "brrrrrrrr"
Thanks Copper,

I'd like to change my pipes cos the standard ones are way too quiet compared to the sound of my K3 but I've been very reluctant to tamper with the fitted ones because of the tuning issues.

I heard recently of a guy who changed pipes on his new ZX14 and also removed something from the throttle bodies (butterflies???) and has had no end of problems ever since. he's taken it to a few people in Perth and no one can get it right. The dealer where he had the work done closed overnight so no joy there.
I'm fairly sure the octaine differences between here and the US are more to do with the way there measured, there seems to be less detonation probs at a given boost there than here.

Removing the secondary throttle plates is nothing new , would need a remap, which probably didn't happen or not dyno'd to do it.
Don't be surprised when guys start doing it to the busa , it has the same system as the gsxr1k and there often removed or made stay open.make the mode switch useless if there are no sec throttles to control
some from micron
http://www.micronexhausts.com/press_rele...any=micron&tblreleaseID=608
[Image: 583b3abf-1.jpg]
i really dont like the look of the microns
Regards

Dan
Think they tried too hard with the microns, look like a big slug. I like the smaller Micron Cans that they have for the 1000, guess they didnt meet Noise Ratings
Shayne
Dan85 Wrote:i really dont like the look of the microns

There as ugly as the bike. Drool
Cheers Taub
[Image: Banner_blueandwhite2.jpg]
Maj Wrote:I'm fairly sure the octaine differences between here and the US are more to do with the way there measured, there seems to be less detonation probs at a given boost there than here.

Removing the secondary throttle plates is nothing new , would need a remap, which probably didn't happen or not dyno'd to do it.
Don't be surprised when guys start doing it to the busa , it has the same system as the gsxr1k and there often removed or made stay open.make the mode switch useless if there are no sec throttles to control

Just to add,copperjosh,we measure our octane in RON as im sure
you know.
An they measure it in something else im not sure of the name of it..
I read alot of engine buildups for cars an that from the us
an the good '600hp' on 87 pump fuel article always had me
thinking...
Made me suss ever since an found out there octane rating
is measured differently unfortunetly.
The stubby M4s look good.
But check out these super cool looking TwoBrothers pipes and while your there make sure that you click on the Slipon Instructions link. It is great.

Two Brothers slips ons.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
jeeebus....what was micron thinking, looks like a fat snake hanging off the tail!

two bros looks nice
copperjosh Wrote:jeeebus....what was micron thinking, looks like a fat snake hanging off the tail!

two bros looks nice

Yep there nice,Drool i have some 2 bros coming in for a b king , can't wait to see them fitted.
Coffee
Good to see a pic of the kawa and the Busa together Copperjosh.

And to think I used to love the Kawasaki's.............Pi_freak

And that's enough caffine for you Faster. Roll[img][Image: Rearblingdisc0605018.jpg][/img]
Read

Cheers, Phil. "Your Car is Very Boring"