Best tip for riding.
Did the "Cornering school" last tuesday at PI

After over 30 years riding experience - 25 on the road, I thought I knew it all.
Turns out I did!! . . . but I'd just forgotten or ignored most of it

Do yourself a favour and do this school.
It's a great way to brush up on your riding skills, & have an absolute blast. (left those slow zxr14s and everything else behind)

I'm now consciously thinking each corner approach, position, throttle control, blah, blah blah, instead of just being a passenger.
I'm yet to have a decent scrape with my mates, to see if I'm going any quicker, but I'm definitely feeling more confident, safer and more in control.

If like me, you've only thought about it, do yourself a favour and do the school. It only needs to get you out of one sticky situation to pay for itself, and it will renew your enthusiasm to ride (like you need any anyway) They are all types of bikes, & riders, from some small girls on learner 250s, to a couple of oldies on BMW RGs, Ducatis, every Jap thing imaginable, but only one Hayabusa. It's not intimidating, and you'll have a ball on that beautiful Phillip Island circuit.

It's going to take a long time to lose the grin!!

And you may just learn something.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Ward P Wrote:Did the "Cornering school" last tuesday at PI

After over 30 years riding experience - 25 on the road, I thought I knew it all.
Turns out I did!! . . . but I'd just forgotten or ignored most of it

Do yourself a favour and do this school.
It's a great way to brush up on your riding skills, & have an absolute blast. (left those slow zxr14s and everything else behind)

I'm now consciously thinking each corner approach, position, throttle control, blah, blah blah, instead of just being a passenger.
I'm yet to have a decent scrape with my mates, to see if I'm going any quicker, but I'm definitely feeling more confident, safer and more in control.

If like me, you've only thought about it, do yourself a favour and do the school. It only needs to get you out of one sticky situation to pay for itself, and it will renew your enthusiasm to ride (like you need any anyway) They are all types of bikes, & riders, from some small girls on learner 250s, to a couple of oldies on BMW RGs, Ducatis, every Jap thing imaginable, but only one Hayabusa. It's not intimidating, and you'll have a ball on that beautiful Phillip Island circuit.

It's going to take a long time to lose the grin!!

And you may just learn something.

Agree 100% with this post!

even if you are that good that you couldn't benefit from the training...It's Phillip Island! Best track in the world according to many top level racers!
yeah - its something I will be doing later this year
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
RaZ Wrote:yeah - its something I will be doing later this year
see if he can stay upright as he chases a 250....ah who an I kidding
P.I. is a horsepower track no amount of late braking on my behalf will make up for his wobbling around the corners then nailing it on the straighter spots Roll
what ever Mr "Slow me down mid corner" just coz I can get on the gas early at times only to have you hold me up on my corner exit lol
RaZ Wrote:what ever Mr "Slow me down mid corner" just coz I can get on the gas early at times only to have you hold me up on my corner exit lol
You notice that too Raz! Coolsmiley
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
Gassick Wrote:
RaZ Wrote:what ever Mr "Slow me down mid corner" just coz I can get on the gas early at times only to have you hold me up on my corner exit lol
You notice that too Raz! Coolsmiley

We have heard all about you getting on the gas too early Raz Lol3
[Image: photo3.jpg]
only for you Loafie dear
You excite him too much dear fruit loaf
fruit cake, with you he can have his cake and eat it too...
RaZ Wrote:only for you Loafie dear

2CUTE4U Wrote:You excite him too much dear fruit loaf

2CUTE4U Wrote:fruit cake, with you he can have his cake and eat it too...

Idiot2 Ghastly
Hijacked
[Image: photo3.jpg]
you guys really are a worry
one off ride on a unknown road and this is what i getIcon_rolleyes

it wasn't you guys getting on the gas earlier its the fact that you have more
gas to get on so it just seems that your on it earlier but a 250 isn't made to pull out of slow corners uphill. bah who am i kidding a 250 wont pull the skin of a rice pudding so i will now bow my head in shame and honor the almighty busEmbarassed