PC3 USB
Hardware is available through boostbysmith.com and free software here http://macmadigan.no-ip.com/ecueditor2.0...elease.htm, the software is updating daily and while still in prerelease could have an odd glitch, but as they appear and are reported are fixed ,
this version does gen 2 and gen 1 , but different hardware is needed for each
i have the gen 2 flasher ordered and will pickup in the US next week , getting it sent to my mates dyno centre and hopefully be able to try it out.
if you download the software you can check out the features including the live dash display , fault code removal ,and more
I read on Power Commander website that PCV is for 09 bikes.

Further read on the Perth Street Bikes (group buy thread) website, quoting from Power Commander, that PCV is for 09 and PC111 is for 08 & earlier, but only because they only tested PCV on 09 bikes. It sounds like they are only covering their arse and my guess is that you can use either model (Particularly on K8 & K9 because its the same bike).

Soon as my Yoshi system arrives I'll order a PCV as presumably the upgraded model is better (& smaller).

Have tried downloading a map from Power Commander but my computer drives appear uncompatable. Does anyone have a map for a Gen2 with Yoshi R77 full system & K&N filter? If so can you send it to me? Thanks
(27-07-2009, 07:41pm)ohdear Wrote: If your only going to run a "Generic' map you may as well save your money ............. PCV will fit 08 it just that Power Commander don't have it listed as such.
Reflash would be much more cost effective.

I'll probably end up getting it tuned properly at Dynotime in Wangara WA. Costs another $300.

I've also exhausted my limited technical knowledge. What's a reflash? as saving money is always good.
Reflash is where with the right software and connectors you can alter the parameters on the stock ECU. You can change everything with a reflash that you can change with a power commander plus heaps more.

The reflash is fine but slow to adjust espcially when dyno tuning.

The PCV WILL fit the K8 and the K9.
I agree ecu flashing is a good thing and with a worked motor can hopefully tune out some light throttle rideability issues based on the iap sensor maps. You will gain the benefit of an ecu that adjust to atmospherics unlike a pc3 and the ability to correct cold start for bigger injectors or fuel pressure.However,air fuel is air fuel and ignition timing is ignition timing,I dont believe nor am i yet to hear anyone say they acheived superior horsepower or released some hidden power that was lurking within their motors potential.timing retards etc on both gen1 and gen2 ALL restricted power outputs at PART throttle not full throttle,so unifying fuel and ignition maps at best will improve part throttle response only.I have no doubt a gen2 with cams could be tuned to run smoother at low revs and throttle percentages but you,d need pretty big cams for it to be a pig even in a gen1.I will be progressing down this path very soon and have been wired and ready to go for some time,but chose to exhaust the add on box route as its fast and easy and got me where i am know.(fast but frustrated by some of the now discovered limitations.)The hardest thing and almost the biggest letdown with ecu flashing will be when you get it going pretty much perfect.Going down the addon box route your always tweaking and hopeful theres more in the bike.When its tuned and thats as good as she,ll do its actually a bit sad,as the ray of hope for that secret tweak is gone.Frown Its also sad because you have to spend more to go faster,providing your already riding the wheels off it.Very Happy.
Yep reflash does take longer, your basicly reloading the whole 480 maps and lookup tables in the ecu every time, and it can't be done live , so you make a run, log the data, make the changes, then put this new config into the ecu (reflash)
but you get the advantage of dealing direct to the ecu rather than adding another small computer that offsets the outgoing signals to the injectors.
There is going to be advantages and disadvantages for each option, personaly i'm excited by whats happening in reflashing, its stuff that been available for other brands and for cars going back many years, bout time we caught up ;)
Does this mean that it is done on the dyno by a suitably qualified person.
(27-07-2009, 09:22pm)Maj Wrote: Yep reflash does take longer, your basicly reloading the whole 480 maps and lookup tables in the ecu every time, and it can't be done live , so you make a run, log the data, make the changes, then put this new config into the ecu (reflash)
but you get the advantage of dealing direct to the ecu rather than adding another small computer that offsets the outgoing signals to the injectors.
There is going to be advantages and disadvantages for each option, personaly i'm excited by whats happening in reflashing, its stuff that been available for other brands and for cars going back many years, bout time we caught up ;)

(28-07-2009, 01:02pm)ohdear Wrote:
(28-07-2009, 12:21pm)Huls Wrote: Does this mean that it is done on the dyno by a suitably qualified person.

Dyno preferable ............... but some means of measuring A/F must be available for any set up/fueling changes to be correctly made. Don't let pc advertising blurb fool you as down loading and running a generic map is so hit and miss you may as well stay with what you have. This includes the new PCV. Also to add here, Gen 11 apart from at idle and light cruise do not "self learn" as many have been told, as over 20% throttle or 5,500 rpm the bike is in "open loop" operation.
Cheers
Thanks. Was only ever intending to get a generic map as a temporary measure until organising the time to get it properly tuned on the Dyno, which is a fair way from home and he needs the bike for the day. My guess was that a generic map would be better than standard in the interim.Think I'll ring him and see what he says about re-flashing the ECU as oppose to PC.
Most likely have no idea what your talking about or think you referring to the yosh box remap , but hopefully will look into it and see if it offers something to his business ,

New version today can make the 08 ecu boost ready, basic form of pressure compensation on the fuel tables, but very functional,
improvements to the programme are now halted while the current version is rechecked for faults and it will probably be the released 08 ecu editor