Scorpio SR-i500 Alarm system
Just finished installing my new alarm system onto my K8. Took all of about 30 - 45 minutes. Nice and easy pretty much just removed rear fairing/cowl (what ever you want to call it) and the seat and it was just a matter of plug and play. Cost me $400 including freight from the states and was here in a couple of days. Came with a proximity sensor and 2 way pager remote. A good investment me thinks. Keep them nasties away i hope(and cheaper insurance)!! TrophyAction-smiley-083
Scorpio Alarms Website

I've heard quite a few good things about these alarms
quite a few of us have them including me, theyre great.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Just picked one up myself here in California. They had a special on including the backup battery and prox sensor for free. And they now have the K8 harness too. $320US for the lot. Will install when I get home Pi_thumbsup

Simo
VNSVLE Wrote:Just finished installing my new alarm system onto my K8. Took all of about 30 - 45 minutes. Nice and easy pretty much just removed rear fairing/cowl (what ever you want to call it) and the seat and it was just a matter of plug and play. Cost me $400 including freight from the states and was here in a couple of days. Came with a proximity sensor and 2 way pager remote. A good investment me thinks. Keep them nasties away i hope(and cheaper insurance)!! TrophyAction-smiley-083

Hi,

I should get mine tomorrow. Where did you place yours? And what do you mean with the rear fairing/cowl?
Put mine in the luggage compartment at the moment unless i can find a better spot. What i mean with the rear fairing/cowl is the plastics on the sub frame(the bit the rear taillight and indicators mount into)
any1 got the SR i900 ?
edris Wrote:any1 got the SR i900 ?

I ordered the i900. should arrive today. will let you know.
motjoo Wrote:

Thanks mate, there is this extra 3 motion sensor or something which i wanna add to it what you think! and also is it all plug and play cause im not really a handy man
edris Wrote:
motjoo Wrote:

Thanks mate, there is this extra 3 motion sensor or something which i wanna add to it what you think! and also is it all plug and play cause im not really a handy man

You can add an engine kill-switch (operated via pager) and a perimeter sensor.
The whole alarm is plug n play. Only 3 wires to connect. Connector kit for K8 is available. Only if you want to install the kill-switch you will need to cut a cable.

I'll post some pics after I install mine.
perimeter sensor is good. hijack switch/cutoff not really necessary unless you live in the hood.

Got my SR i900 yesterday. Installation was indeed plug n play. With the installation kit for the Hayabusa you just need to disconnect the connector for the rear indicators and the taillight and connect it to the supplied connectors. Than its just a matter of connection it to the battery + terminal and connect the perimeter sensor and the antenna than senses the pager is near the bike.
The only problem is where to put it. The alarm should be mounted flat. I tried vertical but than the tilt sensors didn't work o.k. For now its in the storage under Darth Vaders helmet but thats easy to get to for anyone. I was too lazy to get all the bodywork off.
As for the operation of the alarm: Its just a matter of turning off the ignition and walk away.....the alarm will arm itself. Likewise if you come back you can just turn on the ignition and the alarm is off. If you manually disarm the alarm it will stay off until manually armed again (handy for when you turn the bike in for servicing).
Perimeter sensor works fine too. You can program the alarm for it to be activated every time, or you can manually activate it.
There is an override procedure for the alarm in case you lose the pager.
In all...after figuring out where to put the alarm and getting familiar with all its components....installation was straight forward and easy.
Money well spend.....
mine is on the ECM (computer box) and perimeter sensor on top of battery with a 45 degree towards Left front of bike.
good info guys I will order mine this week
Hi all

These guys are running a winter special till the 15th of march.

I ordered the SR-i600 pack B and got the 3-stage remote censor and battery back up for free, i added a harness and extra remote as well $490 to my door.Doesn't look like they sell the SR-i500 anymore?

Cheers