Survival Tips - Add Yours Here
bandit Wrote:You have a lot of time on your hands don't ya Dj Action-smiley-083

Lots of good info mate .
My view is every one is trying to kill me so i do my best not to let themCoolsmiley

Pi_thumbsup
bandit Wrote:You have a lot of time on your hands don't ya Dj Action-smiley-083

Lots of good info mate .
My view is every one is trying to kill me so i do my best not to let themCoolsmiley

I know exactly what you're talking about.

First thing I was told by my old man (who was nearly killed on his bike my a driver doing a stupid thing) was:

"when you're riding, you have to think for yourself as well as the other person".

Always anticipate what the other person may do - it's saved my skin at least twice so far Pi_thumbsup
my tips is....

never ride on white lines or manhole covers because they are very slippery especially in the wet
Dont crash
Egos; everyone got one
easy to say
Toooo much for me to red DJ,

so at the posibility of doubling up here is one I always use in heavy traffic. (or any traffic)

Travel faster than the traffic around you.
In a helmet it is like wearing blinkers(the horse kind)
If you are travelling faster(not ridiculously faster!!) than the rest of the traffic you dont need to check as much on side and traffic behind you, and focus more on the dickheads in front of you. - Oh and treat everyone like they are totally blind to motor bikes, never assume that you have the right of way and . . . did I mention, assume that all car drivers are dickheads who will cut you off and plead that they didn't see you!......

Aggressive and cautious at the same time.

Oh . . . and if I dont feel 100% healthy and alert, I take the car!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
As long as NEMESIS isnt driving at all we should be safe - hes prolly a cage driver and is one of those idiots (ie average) drivers who never look in the mirror. Hey NEMESIS better not go out of the house today either the world might bite you lol
Egos; everyone got one
When you are riding on a road which has MORE than 2 lanes in 1 direction, always ride in the far left or far right lanes.
Then you only have to worry about cars on one side rather than both.
Fellars there is some really good info and tips for all to learn from.

A couple of tips for me is learn to look through the car when travelling behind you will then know what the car in front is going to do probably before they do.

Rely on your gut if something is telling you to do something well do it nine times out of ten it's right.

When you pull up at a stop sign or traffic lights never pull up in the middle of the lane can be very slippery also bare this in mind when placing your foot on the ground when pulling up. ( I've actually seen guys drop there bikes doing this )

When sitting at the lights or stop sign watch your mirrors and always leave yourself an escape route.
Wear the right gear.

A while back I had my daughter on the back and she was dressed as best as I could for a 9 yo.
I thought well I wont dress up so well...if we go we'll go together and also I wont be doing anything stupid.

We were only going into the city.
I had runners on.

Coming up to a set of lights nice and slow, go to put my foot down....one of the runner shoelaces gets caught in the rear brake lever and I can't get my foot down!
Panic push harder and it undoes the lace and I get my foot down in time.
A stupid simple mistake like wearing runners could have had us both on the road and a lot of damage to the bike.

Wear the right gear.
Even if you are going up to the milk bar. (Have they still got milk bars?? lol)
DjPete Wrote:Wear the right gear.

A while back I had my daughter on the back and she was dressed as best as I could for a 9 yo.
I thought well I wont dress up so well...if we go we'll go together and also I wont be doing anything stupid.

We were only going into the city.
I had runners on.

Coming up to a set of lights nice and slow, go to put my foot down....one of the runner shoelaces gets caught in the rear brake lever and I can't get my foot down!
Panic push harder and it undoes the lace and I get my foot down in time.
A stupid simple mistake like wearing runners could have had us both on the road and a lot of damage to the bike.

Wear the right gear.
Even if you are going up to the milk bar. (Have they still got milk bars?? lol)
have to agree mate, i always wear my boots and jacket as a minimum even just going for a short trip.it's just not worth the risk.
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa
One of the things i've always done is ride quicker than the traffic, never sit with it, until i find myself in a bit of free space. Then back off a bit until i catch some more .Concentrate,read whats happening,pass quickly, often find i spot a changing set of lights well before 5 drivers in front of me have.Same for when changing to green ,be first to leave the lights but check both ways before i take off make sure no one is running a red.When riding in a mob, i set my pace ,if someone's slower i pass ,if sombody is quicker than me thats ok,move over & let them overtake.For me its all about enjoyment,following like a freight train through a set of twistes,slowing down as you pass some pussy to have a look, playing with horsepower smelling the cow shit from the paddock as you roar past. An old codger told me when i was a kid ,if you continue riding bikes,it keeps getting better, & you know what, so far it has.
DjPete Wrote:Wear the right gear.

I'm lucky Pete,
My 8yo can fit into my wife's gear. Although the jacket sleeves are a bit long & the gloves a little big. The helmet fits perfectly.
She's got long girly boots which are pretty good & I always make her wear 2 pairs of jeans.

She loves it on the back, & she doesn't even hold onto me. She's happy to put her arms by her sides & grab the bag rack.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
If you cant eat it or play with it
>
>
>