Timing Retard Eliminator
greetings guys - i have seen these on ebay

ebay link

the add states its to get rid of the retardation in the first 4 gears thus giving you more power to boot from the get go ---- so has anyone got / tried one of these and is it worth the $80 ?

i have emailed one of his customers that has purchased one asking for his comments also -- so let me know guys is it worth the investment or is it just snake oil ?

Boc 2fast4u
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
yeah you will find theres is a bit more low down power and smooths the low end out a bit. not a huge increase in power but definatly does something. alot of guys on here have them
Regards

Dan
Hi Kids
just put a TRE on my busa recently and I was excited at first as I noticed more torque through corners but then as I got more excited I noticed it leaned out up top to the point I couldn't get any more than $2.60 and it was staying at 8000rpm.
Do you all think this is because it has already been remapped with the carbon yoshi's and PCIII?
This was my initial thought but should it affect top speed in the higher gears?
Do i just need a dyno with the TRE now?
[Image: 27535_125512297482400_7285_n.jpg]TOASTY!
Do not see the point in adding these things?

WTF!!! I can't believe people still have the audacity to sell these things!

For $60 you can get a pigtail added to your wiring therefore enabling the restrictions to be removed from your ECU without f*&^ing up the rest of your ECU's ability to function as designed!
(26-09-2012, 09:03pm)Camel Wrote: WTF!!! I can't believe people still have the audacity to sell these things!

For $60 you can get a pigtail added to your wiring therefore enabling the restrictions to be removed from your ECU without f*&^ing up the rest of your ECU's ability to function as designed!

Pi_thumbsup There is a whole thread on ECU flashing (and what you can do with it) in the technical section yet so many Gen 2 busa owners still want to learn the hard way Lol2
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
What model bike do you have? Early Gen1s cannot be flashed. A "smart" TRE has helped my '99.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
i have a tre i think its good for the money set it in 4 gear 1000rpm is removed in 6 gear
(27-09-2012, 03:41am)kevin Wrote: i have a tre i think its good for the money set it in 4 gear 1000rpm is removed in 6 gear

If your talking Gen 1 . The healtech Plug & play gear indicator has one built in so your getting value for money & a gear indicator to boot . $150 ish from memory .You set it in 5 th gear to stop top speed limiter .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(17-03-2008, 06:41am)Ozboc Wrote: is it worth the $80 ?

On a Gen1 it costs 20c to do it.
Not done one in a while but from memmory
Its a 6.8 ohm resister sending a 4th gear signal ?

Unless its a "smart" or a switchable TRE your $80
buy's you a 20c resister in a box with 2 plugs.
I did use one on a brand new bike in 2004 because at
the time I was a bit paranoid about being able to remove
it if I ever needed a warrantee claim.

Supposed to improve 1st and 2nd but I couldnt tell anything.
Certainly removes the speed limiter from the top end.
( Only checked on a dyno... Honest !)

it's a 04 Gen1.
I'll read up in the ECU flashing thread - cheers
[Image: 27535_125512297482400_7285_n.jpg]TOASTY!