e-bike insurance
(06-11-2009, 08:48am)Louwai Wrote:
(19-06-2008, 01:06pm)Louwai Wrote: Originally there was a comment about the e-bike underwriters being an off-shore company & therefore not bound by some Australian laws.
But last year the AU Gov passed a new requirement that ALL insurence companies must have an Australian underwriter as of June 2008.
So I can't see there being a problem.

Just renewed my insurance with e-bike.
They are now underwritten by Calliden, An Australian underwriter. www.calliden.com.au (Previously was Lloyds of London)
BUT, as a result of this change to comply with AU Gov regs my premium went up $80. ($365 up to $445)
Seems that Calliden have imposed an additional "fee" on all bikes over 1000cc.

The Australian citizen gets ripped off again.........

Have you tried QBE for a quote against Calliden? Every year I play one against the other and always do well with premium cost. This year is QBE's year as they were $90 less than Calliden.

Works every year.

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
I have 08 Busa and 07 Firestorm insured together with E-bike for $540 excess $450, 42 years licence (except for times it was cancelled) market value but this is OK for late model bikes.I have known a few blokes who have claimed with company with no problems including write-offs, company is underwritten by Lloyds of London so is as good as any others, as Volvi says just be aware of voluntary excess option if you take it as it will be added to $450 if you claim
(06-11-2009, 07:32pm)Madmax Wrote: Have you tried QBE for a quote against Calliden? Every year I play one against the other and always do well with premium cost. This year is QBE's year as they were $90 less than Calliden.

Works every year.

Max
I'll give it a shot next time Max.

(29-12-2009, 02:35pm)alpal Wrote: company is underwritten by Lloyds of London so is as good as any others,
Not anymore. Lloyds are not an "Australian" underwriter & as such, to comply with Australian regulations, E-bike had to change to Calliden who are an Australian underwriter.