best way to get my 60foot time down ???
What is the best way to launch a turbo busa to get my 60 foot time down. ?????
practice and bike set-up!
I'll assume you've lowered the bike down to a safe level?
ie: safe, as in sump plug won't dig a hole in the track after a wheellie.

Get your body weight as far foward as possible, and don't slide back in the seat, (that will promote wheellies with a sudden weight transfer).

Plenty more suggestions to come!

Leonard.Biker
Get someone to video-tape how you launch, then watch the pros do it... you'll see exactly what Legend is talking about...
Stretch and Slam it.
lock up clutch
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
Macbusa Wrote:lock up clutch

I don't understand Grant? How would that help?

If you said slider clutch thats fine but a lockup??

A lockup setup for quick 60' takes a lot of tuning and track time, can't see this would be the best way to start.

Leonard.Biker
Guessing Troy its still at stock length, I recommend 4-6 PSI Boost off the line, anything more gets wasted in wheelies. I dont like the APE Springs they are too heavy for a smooth launch, are you still running the BTL? Slider would be the go as Leonard has suggested or put some length in to that arm. What gearing are you running, taller gearing will help you get it off the line as well.

Your playing with something total,y different now, not as easy as people think to ride a turbo bike fast!
Shayne
Legend Wrote:
Macbusa Wrote:lock up clutch

I don't understand Grant? How would that help?

If you said slider clutch thats fine but a lockup??

A lockup setup for quick 60' takes a lot of tuning and track time, can't see this would be the best way to start.

Leonard.Biker

ah yep, thats what i ment.. my bad. Action-smiley-083
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
BTL is needed if your not doing a lockup or slider, heavy springs are hard on the wrist(can sometimes use 3 std and 3 hd but that may cause the shuddering launch associated with btl,s) but can give reasonable control with the btl working as designed. a welded btl or 1 piece replacement will loose you mph as the clutch will slip in the top end, not something you notice till you replace it with something better and immediately pick up mph.
Low boost to launch and step it up will be easier to control.
I ran with a welded BTL for 6 months with no loss of power, consistant 154MPH low boost though never tried it on higher boost.
Shayne
Stock clutch with welded btl and springs on a turbo busa 62"WB(3"OVER):

1.42 60' and 8.5 at 170mph.

Stock clutches are pretty strong.

Leonard.Biker
sent you a pm mate
Thanks for all the help.... running stock length slamed and straped front end and lowering bones in the rear,stock clutch with 3 std springs and 3 hd a.p.e springs, welded BTL , front 16t rear 40t.
Running shinko ultra soft front and rear, cut down stock seat and first outing at the drags with turbo the best i did was 9.820 was sitting on 3,000 rpm clutch out and the bike was bogging down will try more rpm off the line next time.

BIG THANKS TO ALL FOR ALL YOUR HELP.....
only go 59foot.
pink pantys 4 every one .see you in hell bitches