ride day
sweet :) I'll fit those new boots then soon!
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
leathers are getting dropped off when I wake up.... in about 6 hours lol

and I have paid up & booked in!! Will be calling you Gassick to talk about how we are getting down there & stuff :) or should I say - how I am getting down there.

Products ordered
Product GST Item price Quantity Total
Phillip Island Ride Day
Monday, 18th of August 2008 10.00%
$189.00 1 $189.00
Options:
Riding Group: Group B - Medium
Hire Options: None
Lunch: No Thanks
Accept Policies?: Yes I accept
Is this Rideday for you?: Yes it is
first_name:
Surname:
Notify Recipient By Email: No
Email:
rider_phone_no:
Helmet Hire: None
Boots Hire: None
Leathers Hire: None
Gloves Hire: None
Riders OWN Gear pass ?: Yes it does
Your Bike: Hayabusa 2000
Riders OWN Bike pass ?: Yes it does
Subtotal: $189.00
Still doesn't appear to be booked out yet, so don't think ,just do, pick up the phone and sign up. If the weather is like it is this morning it will be mighty fine.
Here's the run down! The place we're booked into is called AMAZE'N THINGS, 1805A Phillip Island rd Cowes. All bedding and towells are provided. Tez, yes there is a micro-wavePi_thumbsup There is a double bed(The Woman and I have claimed that)4 bunk beds and a couch that turns into a double bed. Fully self contained, fridge,stove,TV and DVD player. It works out at $46 for the 2 nights each. Me and "The Woman" and Tez are going to head off around midday saturday so we should be there around 2'ish. If everyone wants to head down together suggest a meeting point and we'll go from there! Looking forward to the weekend and monday people YesPi_thumbsupYesPi_thumbsupYou want to know more just ring me (0419 023 997) or just post!!!!!
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
WICKED!

I will also bring a new thing called a "Mediagate" with heaps of past riding videos on it & stuff :)
dropped off my bike for new super corsa tiers & head steam bearings. also found a dodgy zipper on my leathers so dropping that off tomorrow. Saturday morning will be a busy time picking things up & loading up the car - we should be down there a little after lunch I reckon :) maybe more like 3ish
Will be myself & 2 mates coming down in the one car.

SOOoooo can't wait!! :)
"Big Love " is back home in the shed under my lock and key with pretty much a new gear box, new fork seals, cam chain tensioner, full service and tuned. We are ready for PI. Yes
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
Raz,

Get in touch with me re. accom. Do you still need some?

If not get in touch with me anyway. You need to come visit me while your down my way. It's much more fun picking on you in person. Lol3

Geoff
all good mate :)

Tho I am not liking this rain & cloud biz...

If we get a virgin (And keep her away from me) - can we offer her to the rain god? :)
well - I am pretty dishearten at this rain & cloud :( I still think the afternoon will be dry on Monday but still.

Cyas all down there
I'll NEVER be dishearten by rain on a track day again!!

Trophy Egyptian Idiot2 Eek

Seriously was fuggin unreal!
The days always seem to drag when your looking foward to a long weekend.Finally saturday got here,woke up to rain again , it's been showers here every day for 6 bloody weeks,and the forcast had changed from monday being fine to ,you guessed it, more f*&^ing showers.Fed the dogs & chook ,checked there chains, checked the tiedowns once more & idled the ute down the drive with the dogs barking there heads off, never know if there saying see ya later or piss off ya prick. I wasn't going to let the weather put a damper on me, cruising down to the island circuit is a great feeling . Rocked up to our digs at about 4, the others had already arrived & unpacked.Well, i gotta say, Tez makes chef ramsy seem like mary popins in the kitchen , but she makes a mean sandwich.
Sunday we decided to go for a trip to Wilsons prom. , fueling up at san remo it started to rain so the girls not handling the cold & wet to well decided to head back to the cabin.Missed out on a really great ride, weather cleared & the roads where fantastic.
Monday morning, cold, wet & raining ,not looking good,still its out of our control. Lobbed up at the track seems pretty much a full house,everyones checking gear & bikes & i feel there's a bit of nervous energy in everyone. Rego & intro done the first group heads out,tracks wet but ok. By the 3rd session there allowing slicks. Where in different groups, i'm riding like a shiela a bit ,still pushing it though.Gassicks leading the way in his mob with raz & his buddy following,stretching his lead each lap.Tez has pulled in with a smile as big as luna park.A good result with no busa damage,Raz's buddy low sided his 1098 $ouch.Cheers people , thanks for a great weekend
Pic are up!!

http://www.sdpics.com/cgi-bin/store/imag..._Ride_Days
The Machinary
[Image: IMG_3550.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3560-1.jpg]
Some of the people
[Image: IMG_3552.jpg]
The day before [Image: IMG_3557.jpg]
The ride day
[Image: IMG_3571.jpg]
You may ask did we have a good day? Ask these blokes what sort of day they had?
[Image: IMG_3573.jpg]
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
on Behalf of Tez

[Image: tez1.jpg]
[Image: tez2.jpg]
[Image: tez3.jpg]

and I'll copy mine over as well :) wasn't sure if I should have kept it here or not.

[Image: raz2.jpg]
[Image: raz1.jpg]
[Image: raz3.jpg]

2fast4u .... haha kidding!!! ;)

Seriously a big thank you to Gassick & his wonderful other half, Tez (Altho I got your cold lol!! :) ) & Arthur for such a great weekend. Couldn't have been with better people.

As for the track day it self... wow?... no, awesome.. nope.. I can't even describe it at the moment.
Trophy I am still amazed & stunned I think

I have always taken it easy in the wet - always. I kinda - almost prided myself on my wet riding, taking it easy & being smooth on the throttle.

Today I took that to a new level. (In my mind anyway lol) We only had a few sessions of dryish track (Some little streams? lol run off's of water crossing the track) I rode every session, pouring rain or not.
But I kept the smooth throttle & lent off the bike heaps keeping the bike up as much as I could & through the corners just holding the throttle on & a very gentle feed on exit. I kinda knew I was doing alright - was told at the end of the day by some dude I had spoken to a few times over the day that a few reckoned I was really hooking it :) mainly one session where it poured down, I still went out tho ;)

So that was the wet in very, very short terms, I didn't think I could ride that hard in the wet!! talk about always learning.

As for dry, that's when I really started learning the track & hooking up corners. I actually caught on pretty fast I think, kept passing quite a few 1000cc & 600cc bikes from Honda corner to Lukey heights, even nabbed a few around the outside on MG. Yes

I think max speed for me was close to 280kph - I did see 265kph ~ 275kph at the red & white Melbourne walk over & sign - but you have to watch the track so much you just don't know what you actually hit. I think turn one max speed for me was about 170odd - I was loving that corner, I would set up and just drop a gear & roll on in with the engine breaking & then crack the throttle again :)

I know for sure - coming out of the last turn I was getting 180kph just before the rise :) that was on the last session as I removed the tape from my speedo for that session.

I am so going again & thanks to all!!
Very Happy
never fly higher than your angel.