Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
These boots are made for RIDING - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: How to Do It Yourself, Mods & Reviews & Tool Lending Scheme (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Forum: Product Reviews (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: These boots are made for RIDING (/showthread.php?tid=20296)

Pages: 1 2

These boots are made for RIDING - Batfink - 26-03-2013

Hey gals and guys....

My missus to be wants to buy me new riding boots for my b'day in July Trophy and I have NO idea what I should be looking at......

my past boots have all been El' Cheapo calf high riding boots that seem to do a great job Idiot2

Just wondering what you wear and/or swear buy and why

Cheers

RE: These boots are made for RIDING - big kev - 26-03-2013

Riding boots are a personal item mate , hit your local bike store try on a few pairs because you need to be comfortable mate

This is just my opinion

RE: These boots are made for RIDING - Ward P - 26-03-2013

I have a set of Thomas Cook "Racing" boots. I don't really like them, not comfortable to walk in and the zips are flimsy and I'm worried about wrecking them if/when I force them.

RE: These boots are made for RIDING - Batfink - 26-03-2013

(26-03-2013, 07:38am)big kev Wrote: Riding boots are a personal item mate , hit your local bike store try on a few pairs because you need to be comfortable mate

This is just my opinion

That will def be a plan mate.. stopped wearing pretty but painful when I put my stilettos away Lol2

Quote:I have a set of Thomas Cook "Racing" boots. I don't really like them, not comfortable to walk in and the zips are flimsy and I'm worried about wrecking them if/when I force them.

so thats a no for Cook Racing Boots?

RE: These boots are made for RIDING - revhead - 26-03-2013

(26-03-2013, 07:24am)Batfink Wrote: Hey gals and guys....

My missus to be wants to buy me new riding boots for my b'day in July Trophy and I have NO idea what I should be looking at......

my past boots have all been El' Cheapo claf high riding boots that seem to do a great job Idiot2

Just wondering what you wear and/or swear buy and why

Cheers
i got a set of these ,comfy ,and very well made
[Image: th?id=H.4571035839103792&pid=15.1&H=160&W=160]

RE: These boots are made for RIDING - Batfink - 26-03-2013

(26-03-2013, 07:40am)revhead Wrote: i got a set of these ,comfy ,and very well made

nice looking set of boots, got a link so I can check them out??

RE: These boots are made for RIDING - BusaJim - 26-03-2013

(26-03-2013, 07:44am)Batfink Wrote:
(26-03-2013, 07:40am)revhead Wrote: i got a set of these ,comfy ,and very well made

Hi Tony,

I have a pair of these and they work very well they exactly the same as SIDI I know a bloke from Italy who used to work for SIDI and he said that they are made by SIDI like a lot of company's setup is a company to save on tax at least that's what I was told,

I have compared them to other rider SIDI boots and it would be hard to see the deference.

http://www.setupaustralia.com/

RE: These boots are made for RIDING - BikerBoy - 26-03-2013

I've got 3 pairs and have stuck with the Alpine Stars S-MX range - I've got S-MX4wp, S-MX5wp and S-MX5. (wp being water proof)

They are considered a mid-level boot and price reflects that, but I have found them to be of very good quality, comfort & protection equal to boots double the price.

My first pair I bought about 5 years ago and are still good to this day. They can also be re-soled if they ever wear out.

[Image: 1717_image.jpg]

RE: These boots are made for RIDING - TheAlchemist - 26-03-2013

Agreed ^
I'm in the same AlpineStars. On my second pair now. Last forever, very comfy, tough as nails too :)

RE: These boots are made for RIDING - revhead - 26-03-2013

(26-03-2013, 07:44am)Batfink Wrote:

i got mine on ebay a couple of years back ,check out ebay ,they were brand new in box with tags and i got them for $230 DELIVERED as they were one yr old stock

RE: These boots are made for RIDING - ballsybusa - 26-03-2013

I'm with biker boy, I have 2 pairs of alpinestars , smx r, and a pair of the smx plus boots which I think are great, a bit hard to get on and off being a racing boot, but once on very comfy with plenty of protection:)

RE: These boots are made for RIDING - Kendo - 26-03-2013

Over the years I have had Alpinestars, TCX, Puma and Arlen Ness.
The only ones I wouldn't buy again would be Puma as they just didn't last.(I ride 6 days a week rain, hail or shine)
As others have said it is all about fit. The best feeling boot for me could feel crap to you.

RE: These boots are made for RIDING - Batfink - 27-03-2013

Been looking at the Alpines... might have to get into a store and try a pair on.

RE: These boots are made for RIDING - DjPete - 27-03-2013

If you want comfort and quality go for Rossis. Bought mine second hand 8 yrs ago. No issues still going strong and they have been through lots of rain.
http://www.rossiboots.com.au/catalogue/detail/811-vision/motorcycle
I have some Alpinestars and nowhere near as comfy as my rossis but they look good. :-)

RE: These boots are made for RIDING - Champs - 27-03-2013

Independent of comfort, look, brand, etc I reckon the important thing to look at is what happens when you need them most. Do they have good road rash protection and rotational support/limitation so your ankle can't be forced beyond its natural limit of movement in any direction?

Some Puma's and Sidi's have mechanisms that positively stop ankle movement beyond natural limits. I think it is more of a top end of the range thing, but in my book at least it is the main reason to have boots.