These boots are made for RIDING
Hey gals and guys....

My missus to be wants to buy me new riding boots for my b'day in July Trophy and I have NO idea what I should be looking at......

my past boots have all been El' Cheapo calf high riding boots that seem to do a great job Idiot2

Just wondering what you wear and/or swear buy and why

Cheers
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Riding boots are a personal item mate , hit your local bike store try on a few pairs because you need to be comfortable mate

This is just my opinion
I have a set of Thomas Cook "Racing" boots. I don't really like them, not comfortable to walk in and the zips are flimsy and I'm worried about wrecking them if/when I force them.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(26-03-2013, 07:38am)big kev Wrote: Riding boots are a personal item mate , hit your local bike store try on a few pairs because you need to be comfortable mate

This is just my opinion

That will def be a plan mate.. stopped wearing pretty but painful when I put my stilettos away Lol2

Quote:I have a set of Thomas Cook "Racing" boots. I don't really like them, not comfortable to walk in and the zips are flimsy and I'm worried about wrecking them if/when I force them.

so thats a no for Cook Racing Boots?
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(26-03-2013, 07:24am)Batfink Wrote: Hey gals and guys....

My missus to be wants to buy me new riding boots for my b'day in July Trophy and I have NO idea what I should be looking at......

my past boots have all been El' Cheapo claf high riding boots that seem to do a great job Idiot2

Just wondering what you wear and/or swear buy and why

Cheers
i got a set of these ,comfy ,and very well made
[Image: th?id=H.4571035839103792&pid=15.1&H=160&W=160]

(26-03-2013, 07:40am)revhead Wrote: i got a set of these ,comfy ,and very well made

nice looking set of boots, got a link so I can check them out??
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(26-03-2013, 07:44am)Batfink Wrote:
(26-03-2013, 07:40am)revhead Wrote: i got a set of these ,comfy ,and very well made

Hi Tony,

I have a pair of these and they work very well they exactly the same as SIDI I know a bloke from Italy who used to work for SIDI and he said that they are made by SIDI like a lot of company's setup is a company to save on tax at least that's what I was told,

I have compared them to other rider SIDI boots and it would be hard to see the deference.

http://www.setupaustralia.com/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I've got 3 pairs and have stuck with the Alpine Stars S-MX range - I've got S-MX4wp, S-MX5wp and S-MX5. (wp being water proof)

They are considered a mid-level boot and price reflects that, but I have found them to be of very good quality, comfort & protection equal to boots double the price.

My first pair I bought about 5 years ago and are still good to this day. They can also be re-soled if they ever wear out.

[Image: 1717_image.jpg]
Agreed ^
I'm in the same AlpineStars. On my second pair now. Last forever, very comfy, tough as nails too :)
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
(26-03-2013, 07:44am)Batfink Wrote:

i got mine on ebay a couple of years back ,check out ebay ,they were brand new in box with tags and i got them for $230 DELIVERED as they were one yr old stock
I'm with biker boy, I have 2 pairs of alpinestars , smx r, and a pair of the smx plus boots which I think are great, a bit hard to get on and off being a racing boot, but once on very comfy with plenty of protection:)
I owe I owe,so it's off to work I go!!!

Over the years I have had Alpinestars, TCX, Puma and Arlen Ness.
The only ones I wouldn't buy again would be Puma as they just didn't last.(I ride 6 days a week rain, hail or shine)
As others have said it is all about fit. The best feeling boot for me could feel crap to you.
Been looking at the Alpines... might have to get into a store and try a pair on.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

If you want comfort and quality go for Rossis. Bought mine second hand 8 yrs ago. No issues still going strong and they have been through lots of rain.
http://www.rossiboots.com.au/catalogue/d...motorcycle
I have some Alpinestars and nowhere near as comfy as my rossis but they look good. :-)
Independent of comfort, look, brand, etc I reckon the important thing to look at is what happens when you need them most. Do they have good road rash protection and rotational support/limitation so your ankle can't be forced beyond its natural limit of movement in any direction?

Some Puma's and Sidi's have mechanisms that positively stop ankle movement beyond natural limits. I think it is more of a top end of the range thing, but in my book at least it is the main reason to have boots.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle