Noisy fuel pump
Mine didn't start up until heaps more k's than that. Partshark - absolutely. Saved me quite a bit on some OEM fairing parts.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
30,000ks on my 2010 GenII and noise from the fuel pump started for the first time this morning.
2 weeks from the time my fuel pump started whining it's now causing problems. Under full throttle between 4500 & 7000rpm there is a very
noticeable lag in acceleration (almost like a stutter) until it gradualy gets enough fuel through and the bike starts to pick up the pace again.
After 7k there is still a loss in performance right through to 11k (full throttle only) but it doesn't cause the same stutter as the lower rpm.
Under light-medium load there is no performace loss and the fuel pump does not cause any noticeable issues....except for that piercing noise!
just finished putting the bike back together after pulling out the fuel pump and cleaning it all out and checking the flow rate.
Everything was fairly clean with only the gause filter having any signs of expected muck and flow is all good.
The whining noise is still there but now even louder. Havn't been for a ride yet to see if it's made any difference
under heavy load to the problem I mentiond above....will do that tomorrow.
(25-07-2012, 09:47pm)RYDRZ Wrote: New fuel pump
For an 2001 -

brace yourself bro's & sis's

$990.oo -new
-----_-------_----_

Wreckers $225.oo
I bought one off ebay a few years back for $130 and been storing it in a box for ages until a few months back and mine crapped itself. I'd almost sold it on a couple of times, glad I didnt. I'm currently storing a gearbox and clutch for just such emergencies now Lol3Lol3