latest "best tyres" for Busas
I had pilot power 2CT on my ZX14 and pilot road 2CT on my FJR.

Both were great.

I will try power 2CT on the Bus.
Thanks for the feedback guys.
I'm currently on Micheins, but didn't really think they were as good as the Pirellis which were on it when I bought it. So I have been wondering about going back to Pirellis. Funny, hardly anyone mentioned them above!
I agree alos about the Michelin tipping in. I found the tip in too much around town so again was tending to go away from them.
In reality, mileage isn't an issue for me, I don't do that many to worry about, but I'd like to do a few more track days before I get too old to hold it up. So if I said track day riding was the prime consideration, BT003s???
fo sho!!!!CoolrastaCoolafroCoolrasta
I had Pirelli Diablo's on my Busa when I owned her and was very happy with the feel of them, dont think they would have given great milage but that is secondary to me, I prefer grip.
(17-05-2011, 10:11pm)PostmanPete Wrote:
(17-05-2011, 07:12pm)Cam Wrote:
(16-05-2011, 06:59pm)Dal Wrote: I like Michelin Pilot Road 2 for touring and wet grip
http://www.jakewilson.com is doing them for USD 340 delivered to your door in 6 days.

+2. Fantastic all rounder, 12,000kms & still going

+3. The new Pilot Road 3 is supposed to better again!
The 3 has a 190/55 if that's your preference Biker
I got 20000km out of the road 2 replaced them just a bit after the wear marker now Im trying the road 3 of which was cheaper than the road 2 $286 fitted.done 2000 km on them so far no dramas.Clap

I had pirelli diablo rosso before the power pures. Pirelli were marginally better for wet weather confidence. Pures much better for speed of turn in, also feel softer (nicer ride) over things like cat eyes. Looks like I'll get similar k's out of the pures as the diablos.
(19-05-2011, 08:38pm)scrubber Wrote:
(16-05-2011, 06:59pm)Dal Wrote: I like Michelin Pilot Road 2 for touring and wet grip
http://www.jakewilson.com is doing them for USD 340 delivered to your door in 6 days.

I got 20000km out of the road 2 replaced them just a bit after the wear marker now Im trying the road 3 of which was cheaper than the road 2 $286 fitted.done 2000 km on them so far no dramas.Clap

Fcuk me,20,000 kms out of 1 set of tyres,you must be jessus cause I cant get more than 4-5000 on one set!!!!!
(20-05-2011, 04:34am)1300hayabusa Wrote: .......I cant get more than 4-5000 on one set!!!!!

+1, same here....most I've EVER got outta ANY brand is about 6,000 tops.......maybe I've gotta learn to use the throttle correctly Pi_freak (...but whilst I'm using the throttle INcorrectly, I am havin' LOTS of fun Lol3ScaryLol3)

Pi_tongue

Hey bazman..... from the way I've seen you ride, you should be getting shitloads out of the front.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
(20-05-2011, 07:56am)bazman Wrote: +1, same here....most I've EVER got outta ANY brand is about 6,000 tops.......maybe I've gotta learn to use the throttle correctly Pi_freak (...but whilst I'm using the throttle INcorrectly, I am havin' LOTS of fun Lol3Scary

+2
I am on the tread wear indicators at 4000 & belts at 5000

I just put a 2ct on the rear & a pure on the front and IMHO they remind me of the old pirelli corsa which I put in the Poo category.

Why you might ask Pi_tongue

I have to move my upper body more to keep a tight line.
Hard to find a smooth line in tight twisties (a lot of wallowing)
The grip is less than ordinary especially in light rain.
They find every track/rut in the road & follow it.
They have a hesitation at upright when changing directions
When turning corners the Bars get heavy & try to turn the direction you are going which I started getting after 200km and this is normally my indicator of the front tyre going off.

I will be going back to Avons before winter although I have noticed the Ultra II Rear tends to let go easier than the Original

Anyone thinking of 2CTs may i suggest to read a few reviews before making a decision (I wish I did)
This is just my opinion & is not meant to ruffle any feathers so it Wm
Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
i have michy 2ct"s and i have had metal and sparks comin off the left side and the michys never let me down they hung on.
(20-05-2011, 04:34am)1300hayabusa Wrote:
(19-05-2011, 08:38pm)scrubber Wrote:

Fcuk me,20,000 kms out of 1 set of tyres,you must be jessus cause I cant get more than 4-5000 on one set!!!!!

maybee it was a freak tyre..I got under 2000 out of the factory fitted bridgestone crap. I do alot of straight line riding about 150km before I can even get to any corners...but then Im a Ulysses Rider that rides at the back to make me slow down some aint impressed with 260 -280 km passings..but thats only at the airports runway never on the road us ulyssesians are way to sensible for that HA HA
Hey Bear how ya going we'll be coming though you're way in Nov so look out for us..

Mate I have gone away from the OEM to Michelins Pilot Powers but I'm going to try and Avon VP Sports a few guys that I know with GSXR1100 reckon they are brillant so going to give them ago.

Andcad runs the Avon Storm and also reckons they are pretty good.
I'm finding the BT-015s not bad, but will probably go back to Pirelli Diablos (not the Angel) for more than one reason.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
I've just put on a set of Pures and done two rides on them. I changed to a 190/55 and it took about 250km to get used and I've done about 750km on them now. I think they're fantastic! They're less stable than the BT016 but you can put your bike where you want it (e.g. you can start through a corner left of the center of your lane and mid corner you see gravel and just like that you can easily shift to the right of center).
No trophies, no flowers, no flashbubs, no wine,
He is haunted by something he can not define.
The Distance, CAKE.