Poll: I haven't crashed, I've been riding for:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1-2 Years
8.70%
2 8.70%
3-5 Years
4.35%
1 4.35%
6-10 Years
8.70%
2 8.70%
11-15 Years
17.39%
4 17.39%
16-20 Years
8.70%
2 8.70%
21-25 Years
13.04%
3 13.04%
26-30 Years
17.39%
4 17.39%
31-35 Years
0%
0 0%
36-40 Years
13.04%
3 13.04%
41+ Years
8.70%
2 8.70%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Who hasn't crashed?
(13-12-2011, 02:56pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Why are you asking Sutur?

I want to see how much longer I've got before I should consider buying an armoured APC Very Happy

Seriously though, my bones are shit. If I had a serious crash the best I'd come out with is probably permanant disability. Kind of a steep price, every time I round a corner I'm thinking "what if", and I just can't seem to change it.

More than before now since I had to visit hospital for a few months due to bone infection...I can't ever imagine selling my bike but hospital...it's just the worst hell...

I'm pretty sharp and cautious but just like bugso said, just have to be the wrong place at the wrong time!
Don't put that idea in your head, prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. Wear the gear, stay alert and have fun. So many people die completely by accident, crossing roads, being hit by cars, falling off push bikes. Life is dangerous, you might as well have fun with it.
(13-12-2011, 02:35pm)sutur Wrote:
(13-12-2011, 02:31pm)bazman Wrote: If you ain't crashin'.......you AIN'T trying hard enough!!! Idiot2

I've crashed more times than I care to remember Confused.....and lost lots & LOTS of skin, and broken a few bones as well Pi_freak......but if I could do it all over again....I wouldn't change a single thing (even and especially all the painful and costly moments) Pi_thumbsup....coz doing it "the hard way" is usually the best, and only way....to truly learn!! (...for me, anyway) Coolsmiley

What was your worst?

57 crashes and most of them when I was young and stupid. Thongs, t-shirt and shorts - use to ride like there is no end - just use to think I am indestructible.
many bandages and stiches later I still loved every moment of the ride, the many thoughts that come to your mind just before you know you are going to crash, after crash pain and the humour and always was ready the next day to try the same turn on which I failed the day I crashed....BTW I am still the same....
so has anyone with time in the sadle voted . i cant had a few
To ride or not to ride there is no question
(13-12-2011, 04:36pm)Bill Gaheer Wrote: 57 crashes and most of them when I was young and stupid. Thongs, t-shirt and shorts - use to ride like there is no end - just use to think I am indestructible.
many bandages and stiches later I still loved every moment of the ride, the many thoughts that come to your mind just before you know you are going to crash, after crash pain and the humour and always was ready the next day to try the same turn on which I failed the day I crashed.... BTW I am still the same....

Lol3 Farkkkk!!!! you juz made me laugh hard, Bill (not at you....but "with" you!)

next time we go riding together......I'll borrow Wardy's "Johnny-on-the-spot" crash cam!!! (but knowing the way I like to ride.....I dunno who we should focus da camera on....you or me?!?Confused) Pi_thumbsup

Lol3
(13-12-2011, 02:37pm)beally55 Wrote: Fair comment bazman , but ya can`t ride much while you are in hospital ,and i`d rather ride than eat their crappy food.Biker

Very true & wise words, Chris Pi_thumbsup......any bonus "special attention" from the sexy nurses doesn't quite make up for being laid up, missing good riding days....and having hospital food force-fed to ya!!! Pi_freak

Coolsmiley
(13-12-2011, 03:34pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Don't put that idea in your head, prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. Wear the gear, stay alert and have fun. So many people die completely by accident, crossing roads, being hit by cars, falling off push bikes. Life is dangerous, you might as well have fun with it.

+1 Pi_thumbsup

....you are SO much wisererer than you look, Miss P. Lol3

Pi_tongue
Can not vote either. Last time just after Christmas when a dick on Honda cut me off. His bike was a write-off mine 5K of damage(Busa 1: Honda 0). In my very young days my first one was a write-off of my uncle's bike. I was OK, but got pretty good beatig from my father for taking it without asking. Later dozens of times on the track trying to go faster without really understanding what it takes. After a long brake (not having a bike) it was a god run of 11 years without a crash on all sort of different bikes. Then I boguht a busa and dropped it on Gorge Road in a first month. Funny though never had a single bone broken. Lots of skin came off, bruises and pain but no plaster. Rubber bones??
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Does it apply to just road bikes? or trail as well,
i voted anyway, i have never come off a road bike in the 17 years i have had my licence, even thou my instructor said i was the most annoying headstrong person he has had to test and he thought id kill myself within the year, hu to him Pi_tongue
But i have crashed a few trail bikes, worst one fractured my ancle, cracked 2 ribs, broke my wrist and collar bone and a head fracture, my helmet was almost split in half, that was a very painful but fun day, to make it worse i had to walk out of the bush to find someone to help me , then a few months later on my way to school a tossa on a Harley ran me over and kept going so i had a re broken wrist and collar bone ( i class that as a sort of bike accident ) Lol3
Been riding since I was 17, had my accident at 42 but can't remember it - does that count? Pi_tongue

Watch this space Coolsmiley

Cheers Ruffy
If you ain't crashin'.......you AIN'T trying hard enough!!!

+1!

Well said Bazman!

I was always told at a very young age..."If your scared of crashing dont ride bikes, and if you dont crash your not trying hard enough!" If your gonna do something, do it properly and give it your all! Just dont try to hard i always hear....own your bike, dont let it own you.
dang, i recon having a good stack gives you a new respect for the road, and how much you dont like tasting it lol, iv been back in the saddle nearly 4 months now, rain hail and shine, sure im still shit scared sometimes, but i catch myself being a dickhead often aswell, you forget how bad it was pretty quickly, untill ya lose traction or nearly get tboned and shit ya dacks again
(13-12-2011, 06:18pm)BJK1 Wrote: If you ain't crashin'.......you AIN'T trying hard enough!!!

+1!

Well said Bazman!

I was always told at a very young age..."If your scared of crashing dont ride bikes, and if you dont crash your not trying hard enough!" If your gonna do something, do it properly and give it your all! Just dont try to hard i always hear....own your bike, dont let it own you.

Bazman, can not agree with you on that occasion. (I know you jst kidding Lol3 ) I think if you crashing a lot, it may not at all be that you are fast and pushing hard. You just might be a shit rider trying to work it out. Some of it is just natural part of it but that is the most expensive way to do it. Viva CSS!
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
I voted and I bet I crash now ... Pi_freak

Had the busa all crossed up recently, sitting behind a wanker spilling diesel all over the road .. but I held onto her (only damage was to the undies). I put it down to a good bike, rather than a good rider Confused

I've been riding road bikes since the age of 18 (I'm now 46) and the only one i've dropped was my gsxr750. I tried to move the bike in the backyard with the steering lock ON (and with a hangover), so no damage done .. just the pride.
I definitely can't vote, been crashing since i was 12
Uncountable number on dirt, couple on bitumen, including an argument with a bridge , and several offs on the race track
And i think they were all my fault
Its the near misses caused by others i am glad i did not get seriously hurt with,
most memorable was a truck suddenly overtaking another one coming toward me , swinging wide enough the outside was no option, and had to ride between hoping there was no third vehicle about to do the same ...
(13-12-2011, 06:04pm)Ruffy Wrote: Been riding since I was 17, had my accident at 42 but can't remember it - does that count? Pi_tongue

Watch this space Coolsmiley

Cheers Ruffy

I remember Frown

" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
(13-12-2011, 04:36pm)Bill Gaheer Wrote:
(13-12-2011, 02:35pm)sutur Wrote:
(13-12-2011, 02:31pm)bazman Wrote: If you ain't crashin'.......you AIN'T trying hard enough!!! Idiot2

I've crashed more times than I care to remember Confused.....and lost lots & LOTS of skin, and broken a few bones as well Pi_freak......but if I could do it all over again....I wouldn't change a single thing (even and especially all the painful and costly moments) Pi_thumbsup....coz doing it "the hard way" is usually the best, and only way....to truly learn!! (...for me, anyway) Coolsmiley

What was your worst?

57 crashes and most of them when I was young and stupid. Thongs, t-shirt and shorts - use to ride like there is no end - just use to think I am indestructible.
many bandages and stiches later I still loved every moment of the ride, the many thoughts that come to your mind just before you know you are going to crash, after crash pain and the humour and always was ready the next day to try the same turn on which I failed the day I crashed....BTW I am still the same....

Forgot to mention - distroyed 17 bikes before I turned 18.....