Need room to move - 200MPH
I regularly see 280k,s down the straight at eastern creek.I,m sure you,d see more at phillip island.There is an airstrip alongside the road in the town before denman in the hunter valley.I don,t know how long it is though.You would need at least 1.5km pinned with another 500m plus to brake i,d say.
Ants, BadBusa, Event was canned at the last minute, unfortunately.
The guys are looking at trying again this year sometime!

Badbusa your idea sounds like it has some legs, might be worth contacting DLRA and see if they can help out or offer advise.

I would be willing to help out if there was enough interest.
Shayne
abusa Wrote:Badbusa your idea sounds like it has some legs, might be worth contacting DLRA and see if they can help out or offer advise.

I would be willing to help out if there was enough interest.

Shayne , The DLRA is not interested in setting up anything like this thread is dicussing ,but individule DLRA members are very interested in trying to bring together an equivelent to the "Maxton or Texas miles" ,If we can find a venue the rest can come together without to much trouble .
VENUE what is required is a runway with the following minimum requirements in order of importance .
1. able to be booked for 2/3 days and be used for speed trial purposes
2.mimimum sealed runway distance of 2.6Kms ,1.6 Kms for the actual run and 1 Km for stopping for standing mile ,or 2 kms ,1Km for the run and 1 km for stopping for the standing kilometer , a 2 Km runway may be used for the standing mile if the runway has an extended over run area in excellent condition
3. has toilet facilities and such or portable units can be left on site
4. is close enough to camping grounds Etc

I have only found one venue that possibly fulfills the above Temora airport 2.4 Km runway and close to Temora ( central NSW) ,but no one has returned my calls / and im only enquiring .
Anyone else know of a possible location
Gary
Sounds good Gary.

Might do some research myself, see what I can come up with, Central NSW sounds like the go! I wonder if they would close Armidale Airport for us LOL.

Maybe if a club, forum what ever was started then it may gain momentum.
I guess there is enough forums to spread the word, just need to get it happening.
Shayne
Gary,
the runway at Maralinga is a long one from memory - I spent 6 weeks out there in 1985. It is a f*&^ing long way out in the bush, out near a fettlers station called "Watson" in western South Aussie, probably not that far from your once a year stamping ground. I'm sure DOD would love to rent it out for a week or so, they say the sands glow in the darkPi_freak

Max:ausflag:Hayabusabusa::ausflag:
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Just checked out Temora with Google Earth, 2 Runways. Using the Distance Tool it only measures 2Klm doubt that would be accurate!

Had a looks at a few more from this site
http://www.airportsaustralia.com/body.php?location=2

Taree is 1.5klms
Tamworth 2.1klms
Camden 1.6klms
Glen Innes 1.6klms

All seem to be a bit short so far!
Shayne
Max i had someone else recommend Maralinga and Woomera yesterday and checked out the website, Maralinga is 2.5 kms and looks to have lots of runoff , Woomera is 2.4 kms and also lots of runoff,
They are good options, not used for general aviation and available for hire with amenitys.
And far enough out the filter is still active.
and they are already letting a hayabusa use the facilities...

http://www.woomera.com.au/range/nondefence/hayabusa.htm
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
the timing couldn't be better, hayabusa is supposed to touch down mid 2007, maybe we could get the Japanese Institute of Space and Astronautical Science to let us use the runway while they have the place on hire anyhow. Great publicity and we get to use runway for free as part of the celebrations.

Anybody got there number ? LOL
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
m8ee Wrote:the timing couldn't be better, hayabusa is supposed to touch down mid 2007, maybe we could get the Japanese Institute of Space and Astronautical Science to let us use the runway while they have the place on hire anyhow. Great publicity and we get to use runway for free as part of the celebrations.

Anybody got there number ? LOL

Well, they do allow vehicle testing.
Here is the link.
Woomera vehicle testing
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO