Sayonara Hayabusa
(18-05-2012, 10:00pm)pan Wrote:
(18-05-2012, 03:47pm)FalcoPerigri Wrote:

Here you go: Currently weighing in at 188kgs with 2 litres of fuel!

[Image: TrackieRHS.jpg]

Stick on a headlight and blinkers. Another 3kgs maybe...?

Sorry to see you're letting it go... glad you'll stick around though! Pi_thumbsup

Frame and swingarm for big potential weight savings Pan?
(18-05-2012, 10:16am)FalcoPerigri Wrote: Thanks Fellas, I will just hang around if that's OK and as the 007 movie says, "Never say Never" is a very good way to stay young. Yes the possibilities are enormous but in my heart of hearts, I do still prefer a sport bike, even though I ride them on the road and not on the track. So the R1, CBR/GSXR1000's are in my sights. [Even a great looking GSXR750 will put my wallet into a jumpy state(!)]
I could get a new one but most likely will end up doing the sensible thing and get a one-owner 2006 model(GSXR1000) that hasn't been thrashed or bent. Even slightly older ones seem very good value if they have been well maintained and this should offset the eventual depreciation by cutting it to a minimum. I'll adjust the ergonomics to suit and probably end up trying to creat my own version of the Suzuki "Virus 1000" just for fun. Finally, I don't think of myself as having "loved and lost" anymore than I regard my departed Parents that way, because they are very my still here with me in my heart. Have a great week!

You are free to hang around as long as you like nothing in the rules that says you have to have a Busa Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(19-05-2012, 07:01am)sutur Wrote:
(18-05-2012, 10:00pm)pan Wrote:
(18-05-2012, 03:47pm)FalcoPerigri Wrote:

Here you go: Currently weighing in at 188kgs with 2 litres of fuel!

[Image: TrackieRHS.jpg]

Stick on a headlight and blinkers. Another 3kgs maybe...?

Sorry to see you're letting it go... glad you'll stick around though! Pi_thumbsup

Frame and swingarm for big potential weight savings Pan?

Man, that's MOST IMPRESSIVE! That's the kind of passion and committment that goes to making such a lightweight ballistic weapon which suddenly tells me that perhaps I am out of my depth with the Mighty Busa all along...(!) Still, I can say that it has made a searing impression on my Soul. It's still the bike for me, with NO equal. Pity this body of mine as well as the stuff above the shoulders seem to be fading out at my age. Maybe now, I need a golf buggy with a turbo charged Busa engine!
Something a bit like this?

But when you drive too fast with your sisters on board and try to corner it like it is a bike, they take the keys off you. Some people are no fun at all Confused

Pan seriously, is there a thread where you've listed the ways you achieved 188Kg ready to ride?
(19-05-2012, 05:40pm)sutur Wrote: Pan seriously, is there a thread where you've listed the ways you achieved 188Kg ready to ride?

Hell of a lot of info here:

http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=15086

I think last formal weigh-in was 195.5 kgs.

Since then we've:
Chopped a few more bits off
Replaced front fender with carbon
Less fuel (it was totaly full when weighed
Removed gauges and a bit of bling stuff
Removed side-stand (but ended up putting it back on)
Hi Folks,
after a fair amount of research, what I am looking at are 3 choices more or less in this order.
2004 CBR 1000,
2005 GSXR 1000 or
2004 R1.
The reason the 05 Gix is not top of the list is that it commands a premium price which is quite a bit more, because everyone wants one (harder to get at a good price) and the CBR comes over as better value if slightly less impressive by performance (fewer horses etc). However, for my intentions and use, the CBR will already exceed my abilities, as would the R1, which I actually prefer visually( inlava red!) over the others. The R1 is slightly taller at the seat and the crouch is possibly the most severe. In anycase I'll need bar risers for all three because I think comfort is now as important to me as anything else. Maybe Heli bars will do the trick, as they did with my Busa.
Anyone with any experience/advice with these models?
According to what I understand, the CBR is most benign, the Gsxr most powerful and the R1 most demanding to ride.
I had that exact model cbr before the busa. You can make it interesting but you really have to work at it, and when you're done, it's about the same as the others in stock form.
Consider a 10r same year, insane light short wheelbase, good looks and plenty of power.
2003 gsxrs are great too, i had a silver one, and brother i can promise you they are very tough and lethal.
My cbr developed compression leakage, hoses melted, and it didn't feel as fast as it was. Don't buy the fireblade!
Converibars work very well with a 2003 gsxr.
The R1 looks the best!
(24-05-2012, 10:12am)FalcoPerigri Wrote: Hi Folks,
after a fair amount of research, what I am looking at are 3 choices more or less in this order.
2004 CBR 1000,
2005 GSXR 1000 or
2004 R1.
The reason the 05 Gix is not top of the list is that it commands a premium price which is quite a bit more, because everyone wants one (harder to get at a good price) and the CBR comes over as better value if slightly less impressive by performance (fewer horses etc). However, for my intentions and use, the CBR will already exceed my abilities, as would the R1, which I actually prefer visually( inlava red!) over the others. The R1 is slightly taller at the seat and the crouch is possibly the most severe. In anycase I'll need bar risers for all three because I think comfort is now as important to me as anything else. Maybe Heli bars will do the trick, as they did with my Busa.
Anyone with any experience/advice with these models?
According to what I understand, the CBR is most benign, the Gsxr most powerful and the R1 most demanding to ride.

I had a K6 GSXR 1000 before my gen 2 busa. The busa feels more mild, the K6 was a bit mad. Fun though! Keep in mind if looking at K5/6 GSXRs that they should have a recall modification to the headstem as they were prone to cracking if used for wheelies/stunting. Maybe they built them too light? Personally I'd probably go with a 2008 CBR
If you are considering a blade have a look at the 06 model there where a couple of significant changes with bigger brake rotors and a motor that will rev 1000rpm more than the 04-05 just to name a couple it should still be around the price of a slightly earlier model
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
Just tested the 2004 CBR 1000 with just 23K on it. Apart from 1st gear being clunky the bike went REALLY well. I am impressed. I have to say that from the seat of the pants impression, it felt every bit as quick as the Busa even though I know the torque is significanly less. The handling was to me, quite fantastic. Maybe, gearing and lesser weight did the trick! OK, I loved it though the Heli Bars option would be a must if not even further adjustments for riding anythng over 1.5hrs. I have to now compare this to an 05-06 GSXR and R1 of around the same price and kilometers. Apparently buying 2nd hand right now is a buyers market I am told. So lets see what happens. For me, it's all about trusting the owner and believing that the machine has been maintained in exemplary fashion. More important than the price I think.
Hey mate, I have a gen2, a k61000 and a blackbird. Whilst the 1000 is the most fun and the blackbird is the most sensible, the gen2 is just brilliant. On real world roads light is not always best. For everyday use the gen 2 is far more user friendly compared to a litre bike or speed triple. All of my bikes are flogged and I do all of my own maintenance. I don't know how much 2 up riding you do but the busa is hard to beat for spirited 2 up stuff. If you really like the gen2 forget the depreciation factor and keep it. Paul.
I sold my K8 Ltd Edition about 14 months ago, only to recently buy it back. I hated the fact that I sold it, so when I seen it advertised for sale I had to have her back.
Yes
(26-05-2012, 02:01pm)cyndemgum Wrote: Hey mate, I have a gen2, a k61000 and a blackbird. Whilst the 1000 is the most fun and the blackbird is the most sensible, the gen2 is just brilliant. On real world roads light is not always best. For everyday use the gen 2 is far more user friendly compared to a litre bike or speed triple. All of my bikes are flogged and I do all of my own maintenance. I don't know how much 2 up riding you do but the busa is hard to beat for spirited 2 up stuff. If you really like the gen2 forget the depreciation factor and keep it. Paul.

I hear you man, but the fact is, my black mistress has left me. Gone. I do appreciate all her qualities which you mentioned, the kind that gets under your skin. However, I am quite a bit along the way, thinking that a GSXR 750 might suit me best and the 1000 is somewhere in between. It's about lightness and handling and not so much about sheer grunt and blistering acceleration, which Gen 2 had truckloads of. You are very lucky to be young enough to enjoy all of these with the road ahead long and fuss-free. It's quite different when you are in your 60's! I do very little to nil 2 up though I have pillioned madam on the back. She prefers a good book a comfy chair and a cup of tea at home. OK by me if I can get out of the house on my machine.