The Cheescake Files
I had one idiot install my kanooter valve backwards ! Can you believe it ! Blew both my rear blinkers and my muffler bearings got so hot they seized. Regards.... Rob (Astro)<i></i>
Quote:True they are well built,says it all really,not from the cheesecake factory.
Watch the updated version of faster last night,they had a lot of good things to say about the suzuki moto gp bike too. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp but rather to skid in sideways, no money left, ciggie in one
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp hand, favourite drink in the other, body thoroughly used up,
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Totally worn out, and screaming 'WOW... What a ride!'"
<i></i>
Honda's ? OK let's start on them now

The one's I owned all had cheese sticks for camshafts amongst other things

Honda promise but never deliver (unless you buy the 20K race kit)

Owned Kwaka's, Suzuki's & Yamaha's but never got passed by a Honda

What a let down those CB1100 R's were too & that VF1000R as well !!! Slugs ville
<i></i>
I find the fact that Rev dishes out on most brands (not just the 'busa) quite heartening really ! Reading this thread made the Blackbird start to look good again.... but... nawwwwww.

Busa or bust !

p.s. - I've got a loaner Honda CBR1000 F at the mo, and whilst it ain't the most inspiring machine - for a 15 y.o. bike it's in excellent nick and it goes hard (unless compared with the bus). Corners like a lard arsed pig... but hey... it's better than nothing. I'm astounded how well it still runs and looks at this age. Even back in 1990 Honda had their quality build act together. Regards.... Rob (Astro)<i></i>
Cam Chain.
Brakes.
Steering.
Clutch.
Toolkit.
Wheel bearings.

Oh, and the clutch lever is a cheesestick. (Right Rev)
Fugen thing broke off in my hand. I know Rev, stop using the damn thing it's slowing me down.
The CRC mod fixed the front brake lever too. I gotta stop riding this heap in the rain. And to think I was going to give Ray a call and get a Brembo radial.

Subframe.
99 Fuel filter (and self saucing lines)
Half a windscreen.
No heated grips standard.

<i></i>
Heated grips . That hair of yours must be greyer than I thought it was! <i></i>
Ha !! clutch & brake levers !! designed to snap off in a prang to save the cylinder too bad they snap off in normal operation D">

Having one break off is the same as being fined by Bracks, then there's the nickel plating on top plus the tradesman's sting at pick up :">

Shit GDY you should get them individualy insured like a good pair of tits

Honda made a couple of good road bikes, the 43 HP CB 450 twin & the 67HP CB 750 four. Since then they've gone back to sleep

And don't start that viffer shit with us Rocket, we know about bikes <i></i>
Ha!!! Hondas.

I know at this moment there is a recall inspection on the Honda Goldwing GL1800. They are known to crack the frame underneath the bike behind the engine. The original work was to reweld but now it's a replacement bike. The original problem stemmed from a failure to follow the correct manufacturing procedure in regards to that part of the bike.

This information is sourced by somebody who I work with who owns a Goldwing and has it booked in for the inspection. I guess at least Honda are doing somethng about it, as I would be pretty pissed if I owned one and the fucker snapped in half.

Anyway I'll consider a Honda when I start looking for a good price on a rest home.

Each to your own.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA<i></i>
We've all heard of the kinked fuel line bug bear with the early busas's right ? But who has ever had it happen to them ?
In 5 years not me, UNTIL TODAY !!!!!

Cruising down Elizabeth st & next thing she just cuts out completely:">

I push it up on the footpath & reach for the toolkit, NOT THERE !!!! FAAAARK ! I was using the axle spanner at home & forgot to put it back !!! Managed to phone another busa mate over with his kit. (Thanks AL) !!!You're a champion

I pulled the tank up & you guessed it !! kinked return line.
The original formed rubber line had aged & being thin walled had creased. I repositioned it & away she went.
Got home, took it off & flung it. Used a car type thicker walled hose incorporating a 360 loop & screw type clamps instead of those useless spring clips.

Purring like a kitten again after balancing the throttle bodies for good measure

<i></i>
Of all the places to run out of cheese Rev!

Thanks for the invite too! :">

I'm assuming this is on Busa #1? (Old one?)

Tool kit? Weighs too much!

There's one RWHP there alone............... <i></i>
Ha you guys crack me up.
You hang shit on hondas relability,and then you tell me about the bloody cheesecake files.
The reason the goldwing is a dud is because its built in the states,the home of harley boat anchors..........say no more really! .Ive just done two weekend rides over the last fortnight ,clocking up aprox 2000ks,and the viffer never missed a beat,except for that screw i found in the rear tyre down the G.O.R. .Didnt stop me truckin though,just pumped the tyre up evertime i needed petrol. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp but rather to skid in sideways, no money left, ciggie in one
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp hand, favourite drink in the other, body thoroughly used up,
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Totally worn out, and screaming 'WOW... What a ride!'"
<i></i>
Ah Rod... the viffer.... zzzzzzzzzz. Boring.

Think I know where that screw came from too. You gotta have one missing if you're not on a Busa!!!

"sometimes, crime does pay"<i></i>
He had one pan but into a bit of trouble on one, so hes on a Honda at the moment because Nice Guy Ride Honda's a Rod
Cheers Robert <i></i>
Me hang shit on Honda reliabilty ? when ? where ?

All I've said is that in the past if you wanted Honda performance you had to buy the mega $$$$$$$$$$$$ upgrade kit. Whereas with Kawasaki & Suzuki, performance came straight out of the crate with the bike, you should remember the GPz750 T, you had one & what Honda ever got near that thing ??

I still remember the looks of total dejection & disbelief on the faces of CB1100 R riders when I eased past on the old Kat 1100. I'd be pissed too having spent all that hard earned on a dud poser bike like that.

If you found that amusing Rocket stick around, more to come on the Honda files <i></i>
Touche pan ! The screw loose comment was a pearler ! You seem to be in fine form recently.... can't wait until Wednesday ! Regards.... Rob (Astro)<i></i>