gen 2 draggers
no probs dan, i just love the drag racing. just having fun.

hey simmo howd the new rear sprocket go?
apparently there's a gen 2 in alice springs with sidewinder.

login in another forum is miller.

he's also run sub 10's. anyone know him?
the two in Alice Springs are mine and my brothers, i have wrote elsewhere what we are running but will recap in this thread.

Mine Blue K8: 10.219 @ 139mph, 1.72 60's 140kg rider. brocks lowring front and back, yoshimure r-77, shinko 6500 launch. standard gearing suspension

Brothers Black Grey K8: 9.7 @ 143mph 1.65 60's, 85kg rider, brocks lowering front and back, BTL removed, Vance and Hines pro sidewinder, pingel triple clamp spacers, pingel electric shifter, Micky Thompson MCR2 8500-10000 launches. has run 9.8 without shifter

we run on our track in the middle of the day with temp 30-35 cellcius or more. our meets are usually day meets due to the fact that we have no lighting yet, waiting on the NT Government to provide. we have both tried power commanders and assorted mapping, however have both run faster with out, only get consistency with them. we have just received 16 tooth front to try. i have just put on a brocks alien head. both bikes have DNA filters and the pair valve or whatever blocked off on side of airbox.
thanks for your input gsx1395. a 16 tooth is a radical change to stock from the 18 tooth front.

what ratio did your bro run for his 9.7 & 9.8 passes?

he is of similar weight to me. the 30-35 heat is uncomfortable but humidity would also play a big part in it as far as lower et's. happy to be wrong. what is the humidity like on those passes?

go get em!
both using standard gearing for those passes. there is not so much humidity here just f'''in hot. our track is quite dusty down the bottom end and our track prep generally to the 1/8 mile de to the wall being that long. concrete launch pad is good to the 60 foot. we both run out in forth over the line but tend to whellspin from mid track onwards, hence the low mph.

when we have a big meet we do a full track spray and alot of people have run there PB's on them. low - mid 6's for doorslamers and some supercharged outlaws late in the day.
REVIT13 Wrote:thanks for your input gsx1395. a 16 tooth is a radical change to stock from the 18 tooth front.

what ratio did your bro run for his 9.7 & 9.8 passes?

he is of similar weight to me. the 30-35 heat is uncomfortable but humidity would also play a big part in it as far as lower et's. happy to be wrong. what is the humidity like on those passes?

go get em!
my mistake
REVIT13 Wrote:no probs dan, i just love the drag racing. just having fun.

hey simmo howd the new rear sprocket go?

I/2 way into 1st up in the air, when it gets too high slip into 2nd in the air until it gets too high and again then into 3rd that then brings it down, I need a lot more practice but its on the limiter on the line in 4th, that was a 17-43 set go and have some fun Pi_thumbsup,
cool
with 110ft/lbs running a 16 tooth might be a bit risky.the chain might start jumping a tooth on the front sprocket.
16 tooth front will be fine on the busa if you want that ratio. Its not real small but I wouldn't go any smaller than that. The big problem with too small on the front and slammed is chain/swingarm clearance at the front when the chain floggs up and down while under power and the bike is squatting. In theory smaller front will rob slight horsepower but you wouldn't even notice it. You will be in the middle of 5th gear at the line with that ratio though at 2.68.

18/49 gives 2.72 and gets your wheel back in the same spot as a 16/43 ratio does but it will be reving a lot nicer over the line in 5th gear.

I run 16/50 3.12 ratio on my A/SB with maybe around 30hp more than the gen2 busa with no drama's at all.

Just an opinion though.
simmo Wrote:
Streeter. Wrote:Hey Simmo how is your weapon going mate.

Good Peter same as you trying different gearing & stuff, I have gone 3 up on the back for tonight for the first time, but we maybe in for Storm

The roo came of worse for wear I keep the bike up somehow I almost over the handle bars (I had a good look at the sucker as he went partly under the front wheel), It just popped part of the side fairing off, I just clipped back into place later & a few more small scratches, I just had a change of undies at the next stop & all was good :biker
:

Shit Simmo.Eek Glad it ended without pain mate. Bit of a close one.
id need more than a change of undies if that ever happened to me bloody wildlife i tell ya!!
tested the 45 at our last 2 wednesday's with no joy compared to stock gearing. need to test on a good track.
will be keen how gsx1395 goes with his gearing change. i think your mph not that far off maybe 2 mph for your weight imo as i'm of similar weight.
anyone else tried different geraing other than streeter and simmo?
ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE ON GEN 2'S YET?