Turbo 08
just because you buy a kit, does not mean you don't know what you are doing.

some clearance issues under braking in the front end but only minor. had to cut a few pieces out of the fairing here and there on the left handside to accomodate the intaketube, airfilter and wastgate. right handside already beencut for sidewinder sojust extended a bit for pipe.
Any photos yet ????
Will have the camera out for its debut when he brings it to perth this week. Look forward to seeing it run and having a chat. Cheers Ian.
will try and get photos up shortly, and yes Ian, do track us down in perth. we will be at the Test and Tune on wednesday. Black 08, 2344
had to work whilst the tnt was on but will catch you there this weekend. blue/black 08/. Only 2 gen 2's in mod bike.
I'm amazed by how few people talk about the torque increases, why'd you buy a busa if you weren't addicted to it? Adding a turbo that powerful would yield tremendous torque gains too, but you never hear much about it!
Torque ? Well you can't get Hp without it !
(06-03-2010, 09:08am)fasterfaster Wrote: Torque ? Well you can't get Hp without it !

Yeah..but...well yeah but people go 'oh it's got a million horsepower' and I just feel like saying yeah but it's mostly the torque that gives you the thrill...and you don't even know how much it has.

Bikes are about fun, THRILL and danger, and the danger factor is usually too high when horsepower is to an extreme on anything over 750cc...who f*&^ing burns around at 12Krpm all day...who's frequently WOT in top gear? Fear of losing your bike, shattering limbs, going quadriplegic or just getting done by a pig or even a judge stops the vast majority of people from enjoying the spot where all the power is...so why do we all ride big bikes? TORQUE.

Yet no-one knows off-hand how much torque their bike is making when I ask them, it's all about HP. The worlds mad, you know??
The next time you ask them .............. you'll be able to tell them Lol3
But they will also have to know at what rpm it's making it Knuppel2
T (ft lb) = 5252 x HP / rpm
(07-03-2010, 07:27am)fasterfaster Wrote: The next time you ask them .............. you'll be able to tell them Lol3
But they will also have to know at what rpm it's making it Knuppel2
T (ft lb) = 5252 x HP / rpm

Tried that out on some maps...that's pretty accurate...
Must be confusing some people, we have never stated that we have built a 650hp hayabusa. we are just using a 650hp ultra kit from RCC turbo's.

the bike has now been run on the road and down the strip using conserverative boost, afr and engine limiter settings.

in perth we recentley run a 9.4? @ 163, 9.18 @ 163 and 9.15 @ 163 in qualifying and made it through to the third round of eliminations to be beaten by Andy Roberts from QLD on his GSXR 1000, whom evetually went on to win the bracket.

A clutch has been fried, however the problem was with the spring retainers being to long and bottoming out on the studs and not allowing enough spring pressure. we replaced with a new standard clutch and heavier APE springs before the westernationals and had no problems at all. altough the 60" were very relaxed as the bike is still beaing learnt.

i cant seem to load any photos as the size of them is always too big for the site.
Like any new project these things take time to get things correctly set up and from what i have seen of this bike 8.5's or better are realistic inside the next 12 months.

The bike is also only 6 inches over as well and was running consistent mph in the heat of warm wa weather.

The turbo zx14 we have here was not this fast or consistent that quickly as the turbo takes time to get used to the clutch is very important in getting power to the ground.

I see sub 9's for when you get to Sydney and if not as long as you have fun and get good data you will be better for the next time out.

Have Fun
(08-03-2010, 09:04am)gsx1395 Wrote: Must be confusing some people, we have never stated that we have built a 650hp hayabusa. we are just using a 650hp ultra kit from RCC turbo's.

the bike has now been run on the road and down the strip using conserverative boost, afr and engine limiter settings.

in perth we recentley run a 9.4? @ 163, 9.18 @ 163 and 9.15 @ 163 in qualifying and made it through to the third round of eliminations to be beaten by Andy Roberts from QLD on his GSXR 1000, whom evetually went on to win the bracket.

A clutch has been fried, however the problem was with the spring retainers being to long and bottoming out on the studs and not allowing enough spring pressure. we replaced with a new standard clutch and heavier APE springs before the westernationals and had no problems at all. altough the 60" were very relaxed as the bike is still beaing learnt.

i cant seem to load any photos as the size of them is always too big for the site.

Use photobucket or similar?
Or email me the photos and I'll throw them up for you.
/
Tried that out on some maps...that's pretty accurate...
[/quote]

It would want to be Eek ................ as dyno's measure torque and then software converts the Hp readings.
Pi_thumbsup
(11-03-2010, 02:53pm)fasterfaster Wrote: It would want to be Eek ................ as dyno's measure torque and then software converts the Hp readings.
Pi_thumbsup

ahh so!

Doesn't seem to be so accurate with a Rocket III map unless I'm dumb. I probably am.

Sorry for hijacking Undecided

Get those photos up gsx1395!!