Would like to crack a 9
Got to the track for the first time on the new bike.
Strapped and lowered Brocks pipe & Clutch.
18 - 46
Ran a string of nines best was 9.84 @ 147
first time running my K8 at a prepped track I ran a 9.6 @ 145 on stock gearing and R77 and a PC3USB

shame I trashed it on a flyer at 192 mph Embarassed

but it's sort of back together again but being worked on the summer (if we ever get one)
last season I ran 9.6 on my stock gearing and stock length K8, it was lowered only. That was on a prepped track and foot shifted. Then lengthened 3" and running 18/46 still only stayed 9.6 on rough tracks but then i also weighed in at 100+kg

this year it's being breathed on so I can go land speed racing, need to up my pb of 213.44 on a road bike, pictured in 1/4 trim. And also so I can crash faster than last years 192mph off - oops.

One of our forum members ran 223 @ a mile on his 1600 n/a Eek

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well finally got around to heading out to the local track, has the bike lowered, stock gearing, stock length, my own tune done with ECUeditor and my portly 110kg, took a little while to get the hang of the lowered bike but in the end I managed to get a 10.16@142.9MPH with a 1.87 60ft..........so got plenty more in it with a little more practice. I forgot to mention foot shifted as well!

I'm still learning how to tune with the ECUeditor and the DL-32/LC-1 but I think I'm doing ok with it.
(06-04-2010, 07:47am)sprinta Wrote: last season I ran 9.6 on my stock gearing and stock length K8, it was lowered only. That was on a prepped track and foot shifted. Then lengthened 3" and running 18/46 still only stayed 9.6 on rough tracks but then i also weighed in at 100+kg

this year it's being breathed on so I can go land speed racing, need to up my pb of 213.44 on a road bike, pictured in 1/4 trim. And also so I can crash faster than last years 192mph off - oops.

One of our forum members ran 223 @ a mile on his 1600 n/a Eek

Gess Sprinta you got some ballast haging off the back of your bike, Air & NOS ??
Be interested to see what you blokes think of this article...

http://2wheeltuesday.com/2010/06/diy-how...rag-racer/

It has some things that I think I will try, like using the clutch instead of throttle to bring a wheelie under control. Sounds easy in words, but at first it may be difficult for me to overcome the instinct to use the throttle to gain control over a wheelie.
Licence Back!
You sure find out just how often your not at full throttle when you start datalogging, real eye opener , instict is hard to overcome
(23-06-2010, 04:40pm)Maj Wrote: You sure find out just how often your not at full throttle when you start datalogging, real eye opener , instict is hard to overcome

It sure does, my little wideband sometimes tell a storty of its own Pi_freak

& getting the wrist to do what the brain tells it is even harder Lol2