Would like to crack a 9
(06-01-2010, 05:17pm)Streeter. Wrote:
(04-01-2010, 08:10pm)Grizzly Wrote: Hey guys, I have an 08 Busa with a yoshi R-77 full system and a K&N filter as the only mods.

I managed a 9.79@150mph out of my K8 mate with the same two mods as yours at stock height, except I was using the M4 system and not the yoshi.

With 2 up on rear (45), BTL modded and a quickshifter added I got a best of 9.69@152mph at stock height.

I weigh 86kgs race ready.

A heavier person at "stock height" has no real less advantage. Maybe some disadvantage to a degree slammed.

They are definately capable with some practice for sure.Pi_thumbsup

Good luck with it.

But your a freak of a streetbike rider Pete! Pi_tongue
7.95@175mph, that's gota make me the quickest dog groomer in OZ Biker
Pro StreetBike Smitten
Thanks to my crew and sponsors:
IM Compsoite Technologies www.imcomposite.com.au/
Country Brewer www.countrybrewer.com.au
Hydrodog Cranebrook http://www.hydrodog.com.au/
(06-01-2010, 05:55pm)Matturbo Wrote: But your a freak of a streetbike rider Pete! Pi_tongue

Nah Matt not me mate.

I always maintain if someone has done it someone else must be able to as well.Very Happy

The big thing with stock height and arm is you want a lot of rear shock squat when the bike leaves and get off the clutch quick and use the throttle to accelerate it and not the clutch at 9000rpm like you see most trying to propel the bike with.

Pretty much sit on the tank to launch if your about my weight and if it wants to start to carry the wheel make yourself stay down low and over the tank. That is a lot harder then you think because the first thing and natural body reaction is to sit up when the bike starts to wheelie as everyone knows.

You'll need to be around the low to mid 1.7 60's and that will get you 9.7's with the rest of the pass good on the gen 2 at stock height.Pi_thumbsup
(06-01-2010, 06:41pm)Streeter. Wrote: The big thing with stock height and arm

Did you say arm??
What length over stock where you for that run.
these passes where stock arm pete also went 9.28 154mph lowered and geared pipe ive been 9.59 146mph on a gen1 lowered and geared pipe just goes to show gen 2 have around 3 tenths pretty impresive thats for sure.
(06-01-2010, 08:09pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote: Did you say arm??

Correct. OEM stock swingarm and height. Yes.
(06-01-2010, 09:01pm)Streeter. Wrote:
(06-01-2010, 08:09pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote: Did you say arm??

Correct. OEM stock swingarm and height. Yes.

Cool, I was gunna call foul, your post stated with arm - hang on there mate.

Awesome time at stock height and length well done thats amazing.
Thats an awsome time. No one at my local track( Mackay QLD) can match those times with the same mod levels.
Anyone got an 8 with adding an arm yet or close to it ?
Hold that thought Ant.
(13-01-2010, 02:09pm)Grizzly Wrote: Thats an awsome time. No one at my local track( Mackay QLD) can match those times with the same mod levels.

There are a couple out there that are capable of running times close to what pete has run they just dont currently ride a stock length gen2 busa to compare against.

A/MB 3147 - 8" over stock engine green zx12r 9.50@149 (Mackay)
I'll be out there this year with a stock length black gen 1 turbo busa trying to improve on that time with my new street bike.

Ride to the track, kick zx14 ass, ride home......
(13-01-2010, 07:16pm)AntsBuza Wrote: Anyone got an 8 with adding an arm yet or close to it ?

I believe that twistgrip (benaraby) ran well into the 9's stock length, and is now running extensions and on his way to doing just that.
Yeah the "Twistgrips" doing real well Pi_thumbsup And he's only running a poor mans power commander also Wtf
Lol2

Lol2

Lol2
(13-01-2010, 09:29pm)fasterfaster Wrote: Yeah the "Twistgrips" doing real well Pi_thumbsup And he's only running a poor mans power commander also Wtf
Lol2

Lol2

Lol2

Pete, don't you mean SMART MAN'S Power commander.?

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
only ever rode it once short(pipe & lowered) went 9.78 at Benaraby,went 9.311 @150.7 last weekend(extensions,geared,airshifted) on a hot steamy day..... but 8,s ???Scary.. then again there's the fella in the US runnin 8.80's on a stock engined Gen2 so anythings possible, i might need a power commander 4 that though Lol2

Cheers,Puz
If someone told you 12-18 months ago you'd be running those numbers on a stock engined busa you would a laughed at em. Just a tweek here and a tweek there. Hat's off to ya mate. Well done. Congrats on track champ for the year too.
(14-01-2010, 12:44pm)Chuffed Wrote: If someone told you 12-18 months ago you'd be running those numbers on a stock engined busa you would a laughed at em. Just a tweek here and a tweek there. Hat's off to ya mate. Well done. Congrats on track champ for the year too.

Thanks bud Pi_thumbsup