Tyre Repair Kits
I also read the AMCN review and they called it "Cargol Twist and Swear".
I just picked up an X-tech Motorcycle Tyre Repair Kit for $39.99 from MCAs. Excellent value for money.
The twist and go don't really seal that well as I found out last year but it still got me home.
So now I have best of all, Bought 2 different repair kits and have one of each plug.
So now I have Twist and go. The soft rubber string type and a rubber bung.
Just trying to cover all options LOL!!
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
(25-02-2010, 05:46pm)Bigdog Wrote: I also read the AMCN review and they called it "Cargol Twist and Swear".
I just picked up an X-tech Motorcycle Tyre Repair Kit for $39.99 from MCAs. Excellent value for money.

Yep just be aware with those when using the reamer your actually creating more damage to the carcass of the tyre (damaging more cords) whilst reaming the hole.
I think DAD has the idea ................. best of both worlds Pi_thumbsup
I agree Pete the non invasive way is always the way to go first - dont increase the damage to the tyre. If the hole is too big or ragged then ream it and fit the cord type patch. I have both but there are occasions where nothing will work ie if the tyre is cut.
We had a flat on a rear yesterday took 5 cans to fill the rear to 30
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
I've used most types of plugs with no prob's, but at the end of the day, the repair is temporary and is designed to get u to the nearest place of help where an internal mushroom plug can be fitted.
Like any tight hole that ur going to shove something larger into or to give a good reaming, u should use lube suitable to the job!! Lol2 Some plugs use a glue that also doubles as a lube until it dries.
A couple of years ago we tested various "temporary" puncture plugs at Eastern Creek on my RSVR Factory, we couldn't obtain a 300kph run down the main straight, we were probably around 30kph shy, however, until the tyre was destroyed I had no problems in anyway with any of the plugs we tested, this included string type plugs. Some are straightforward to fit others can be a little difficult the first time u shove them in. Besides carrying a couple of cannisters I also carry a little hand Pump, which saves u waisting all ur cannisters.
So it comes down to Personal preference and what type of puncture/object is stuffed in ur tyre. Splits/cuts are the worst for roadside repair and sometimes a tube of superglue can help save the day!. It also helps to stay out of the breakdown lane on the freeway or the centre of a lane where debris can be laying for the unsuspecting motorcyclist.!

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

Thanks Tex,
Didn't even think about a hand pump...thanks for the info.

Cheers
Craig
Have now received Cargol kit from Pete's Pitstop (Fasterfaster)...thanks PEte...great price.