Hayabusa Track Bike
217 stock? Pffft!
Dry maybe... without tyres, etc.
Wardy, you could save some by removing your front wheel too! LOL

Most Busas going around would be 245+ with full load of fuel...
Still got your Appendix Pan ? Not sure what they weigh but dead weight,
If that's not enough ,you could have a nut removed , I hear they are enormous ,so must be Heavy.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
True Greeny, true... hurts when I lean on the tank! LOL
Hang on!!!!

Are you saying I have big nuts, or I'm a big nut!?
Now I'm confused!
Lol3RollLol3.....stop it guys, I'm gonna wet myself! Embarassed
(14-08-2010, 07:46pm)pan Wrote: True Greeny, true... hurts when I lean on the tank! LOL
Hang on!!!!

Are you saying I have big nuts, or I'm a big nut!?
Now I'm confused!

Mate, if you've been married as long as i have ,you could have them both off .Same as the appendix ,dead weight .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Pan, I need my front wheel as I don't ride like Bazman! He on the other hand only uses his to park.

You reckon a stock gen1 bike would be about 245kg??
Got me thinking!! How do I weigh my bike ?

I have visions of weighing myself on the bathroom scales(these are for the wife only of course), then straining the be-jesus out of the sphinkter as I lean back to take the full weight of the busa teetering on my knees, before realising my scales (sorry-her scales) don't go that high and that I can't read the dial from that angle anyway.

Seriously:
All the specs seem to say that a '99 was 215kg dry.
Add 4 1/2 litres oil, 20 litres fuel - is that about 25kg?
should make it about 240kg.
9kg exhaust down to about 4 kg. means the starting point for you would be around 235kg? Is that right?

What are you hoping to get to?

I know he's spent a fortune, but what does Ray's weigh??
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Fill ya bike with fuel and go to any public weighbridge.
Dont do that !
Its like going to a dyno....sometimes your just not happy with the numbers after all the money you have spent ?????

& no, I haven't been on a dyno with this one.
(16-08-2010, 08:47pm)Ward P Wrote: All the specs seem to say that a '99 was 215kg dry.
Add 4 1/2 litres oil, 20 litres fuel - is that about 25kg?
should make it about 240kg.
9kg exhaust down to about 4 kg. means the starting point for you would be around 235kg? Is that right?

No idea what Ray's is weighing at the moment... His IS street legal though, with lights, etc.

Not just oil and fuel. You need to add brake fluids, fork oils, radiator fluids, battery fluids, and bits of water that sometimes sneak into your rear indicators...

Doesn't seem like much, but add a gear indicator here, a PC3 there, air horns, tank covers, HID lights and a couple of other bits, and you're getting closer to 250...

Also, some of those bling bling aftermarket wheels weigh 3x as much as the OEM ones!
Sand all the paint off Pan
...saw a bloke do that on turn 2 at Eastern creek a few weeks ago... on the whole right side of his bike!
when glenn and i were running my gen 2 at the drags last year we got it down to 237kgs ( on the wsid weighbridge ) by removing rear footpegs, rear fender and replacing stock exhaust with brocks 4 into 1. Gotta think a gen 1 with the mods you have done would be around the 220 mark??? Maybe less......
(18-08-2010, 08:36am)bigjay Wrote: when glenn and i were running my gen 2 at the drags last year we got it down to 237kgs ( on the wsid weighbridge ) by removing rear footpegs, rear fender and replacing stock exhaust with brocks 4 into 1. Gotta think a gen 1 with the mods you have done would be around the 220 mark??? Maybe less......

220 would be great! We'll see how we go...

Update:

Busa swingarm: 6.30 kgs
GSXR600 swingarm: 4.81 kgs
(and it's an inch shorter)

[Image: Swingarm1300.jpg]

[Image: Swingarm600.jpg]
looking good mate .

on a side note i weighted all the GEN I GEN II parts and theres a diffrence mate , my bike has gaind weight now LOL

will tell you over lunch next week
Enough weight loss for a while. I have to make it pretty within the next 2 weeks or else I'll be on the track looking like this!!

[Image: 31082010.jpg]

Hmmm, I have to find myself some stickers!