Gel seats for the 2010 Busa
(19-11-2010, 09:37am)Steve Wrote: photos as requested, probably best to try one of the raisers first to see if enough, I like mine with both. The gel seat is a bit wider than stock but only at the back, so shouldnt make any difference to ground clearance issues, pity you couldnt find one to test first, might be another member over your way that might let you try their seat on your bike, Steve.

[Image: oneph.jpg][Image: twolq.jpg][Image: threec.jpg][Image: fourxa.jpg]
the only issue on full lock is that the tops of the clutch and brake resivours get very close to the fairing/screen, but this is only if you use both as I have, the riser block is probably the cheapest option, I will have a look for the link and post it once I find it, cheers Steve.

Hi Steve, thank so much for the pics, looks good. I will definitely invest in that. Hubby can do the mods for me as he he has done the same thing with his rocket, he also had his seat modified as well.
(19-11-2010, 12:04pm)Missy_Moo Wrote: I'm not very tall, I had my seat cut down a little and dropped the rear 1 inch. The seat made a huge difference, not the height thing, but comfort. I found it way more comfortable cut out a bit. I got a sheep skin off Kev but didn't get to try it on a big ride I did earlier this year. But its great.

I rode 4900k's in 5 days, add another day off on top of that not riding ;-p, the but was fine but my hands were feeling it a little. Mind you I have two crap thumbs due to de quervains tensynovitis. But mainly I was riding crook so every muscle ached big time, so it probably amplified the yuck feeling, I never realised I was crook till the end of it, ohh boy was I ordinary lol. Was very funny standing at a servo with an 80+ yr old man, the servo attendant acting as interpreter between both of us as he was deaf and I was just as deaf with the hearing gone.

Other than that we did another ride early on where we rode 2500k's over 3 1/2 days, that was no problems there.

I think I will now do the same and have the seat cut out a little, get some risers for the forks and lower it an inch or two and see how I go then. Wow 4900km thats a lot k's in short space of time. I am almost ready for my first service, will have to book it in next week. I feel for you with de quervains, it is not nice and can be quite debilitating. Do you have resting splints for night time?
Rosebusa
HI,
Ive had gel seats on both Gen1 which was good & Gen2. I have found the Gen2 takes to long to soften, Im 85kg & feel the gen2 takes to long (about an hour) to fit your shape. Yes better than the original but Im looking at other options. Ive also had the carpal tunnel op done but still run Heli bars & foam grips which really help the situation hope this helps.