98 Octane
my bike was tuned/flashed while on 98 but I dont notice any difference when using 95
Can't say I've noticed any difference between 95 and 98 on the bike, but it pings its head off with 91. The bike is a "toy", so I try to avoid anything but 98.

BUT . . .There's a big red sticker inside my car's filler cap that sayes "98 min".
On testing I've found no noticable difference so I run 91 most of the time. Doesn't ping, no real appreciable power difference, and no fuel economy difference. I do lots of miles, so it makes a huge cost difference on a full tank of fuel though.
And I laugh at the people putting 98 in their 'standard' cars.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
I only put 98 in my bike & car (where available).....we get better mileage in the car with 98 over 91 (bog standard Subaru Liberty).....although haven't crunched the numbers regarding kms per dollar, so not sure if it's more economical to use 98 but getting about 100kms per tank more using 98 octane.
In earlier days when Shells Optimax came out, many busas tried them including myself. I cant say I found anything negative in using it but others complained about that fuel as not being quite right and many stopped using it. Either way justified or not I switched over to BP Ultimate 98 when they first came out, maybe 6-7 yrs ago. Well I have only used Ultimate ever since inspite of them hiking up the price diff from regular. Originally it was +4.5c now I believe its +11c. I guess what keeps me on Ultimate is that not only I have experienced no adverse reactions from it but I like the idea of the additives keeping my fuel jets clean....supposedly. To date now 11+ yrs old and with 81.000 on the clock I havent ever had my jets cleaned and throttle response to date has always been crisp and sharp. Still goes like the Beast it always was. I will always ride the extra k's for BP Ultimate, I have never bought any other fuel since maybe just once a bit of Vortex to get me home or to the next BP station.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
I used lower octanes before but stopped after i got a tankful of shitty fuel and been using 98 ever since,less chance to get crap fuel when using that..Coolsmiley
I sometimes fill out in the country and after doing 30k found that when i stripped the fuel pump and filter, it was pretty bad, pieces rusty metal metal in the tank and the fuel filter was cactus. Never once used 91, sticking to 95 but how do we know the 98 is any cleaner?
(27-11-2010, 05:23pm)jamdonut Wrote: I sometimes fill out in the country and after doing 30k found that when i stripped the fuel pump and filter, it was pretty bad, pieces rusty metal metal in the tank and the fuel filter was cactus. Never once used 91, sticking to 95 but how do we know the 98 is any cleaner?

stricter quality control i suppose, also i check the colour it is supposed to have more clear colour than 95/91 anyway have never had a problem with bp 98 but many times had problems when filled up my bandit with other fuels running like shit
I did ask this very question when buying the busa and told 95 would be fine,my machanic told me 98 keeps filters lines and injectors ect cleaner,so I've used 98 since new.