quote of the year!!!!!!!!
(04-04-2011, 05:37pm)bigjay Wrote:
(04-04-2011, 05:28pm)DAD Wrote: The sad fact is that most people kiss Rossi's butt! When Stoner was having front end looses on the Duc everyone was saying its not the bike but Stoner is a bad rider. When he's kicking butt on the Honda everyone says it's not Stoner its the bike.
Give the bloke a break will ya!
If you can do better get out there and show us and if you end up doing any good we will say its not the rider but the bike.Biker

+1Clap

+ 1Clap

I don't think anyone on hear disputes that Rossi will go down as one of the all time greats and he has earned a lot of respect from a lot of people within the sport.
The one thing that all these people are saying is that he needs to take all the crap that is coming his way because it was his fault and he should've known better in those types of conditions.

I'm in the same boat as a lot of other people and are a bit over the whole Almighty Rossi thing yes he can ride a bike but it's like Rossi can do No Wrong even when he does F----K UP.
I have heard all sorts of people run Stoner down when he has said a few words but Rossi only needs to say something and he gets just what he wants like he did when he changed from Michelin to Bridgestone for example but no one says anything about that.

I will always support the Aussies and Kiwis in this sport because there is not that many that have made it in this class so i say good on you Stoner and do us Australia2 Proud.
Oh Dear.    
(04-04-2011, 11:52am)Shifu Wrote:
(04-04-2011, 09:05am)[UNIT] Wrote: How can you question his abilities? he is 9 times world champ! Stoner has dumped the front of the ducatti in the same fashion about 20 times, and without attempting to pass anyone.

I support stoner, but i think his manners and sportsmanship are a little ordinary. Rossi appologised, Its more than most would do.

Agree 100%. Pi_thumbsup Good to see some sense here. I would like Casey to win too, but bagging the best rider ever was (sorry Giacomo Wm ) the way Casey did wil not win him a lot of sympathy.

Yeah, Stoner should have been proud to get taken out by such a champ, maybe even should have said thankyou. Idiot2

His comment was hardly bagging him, just typical aussie smart arse coming through. You have to agree it will play on Rossi's mind. Mind games are all part of racing.
I pity the fool who goes out tryin' a' take over da world, then runs home cryin' to his momma!
I can't beleave a rider can cause an accident and still be allowed to complete a race. I know in speedway you would not get a restart
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
Has any one noticed that Rossi got up and still finished 5th ? It seems that Ducatis and Yamahas have no problem with the engine re-start but somehow Honda does. (Taking the marshalls issue away) Wtf
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Ducati's crash more, therefore have had more opportunity to sort it out??
I pity the fool who goes out tryin' a' take over da world, then runs home cryin' to his momma!
(07-04-2011, 11:05am)drworm Wrote: Ducati's crash more, therefore have had more opportunity to sort it out??
We thought we'd solved that problem by off loading Stoner Lol3
Stoner said that he heard Rossi coming and moved over to let him through, which is what the footage seemed to show. Fact is Rossie lost it and took out Stoner who is one of the very few riders to be able to handle the Ducati, and is doing great on the Honda, so you also have to give him some cred for his riding ability also.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the comment. As previously posted, makes damnded good Phsych warfare next time Rossi is in a push with Stoner, and was a decidedly cool Australian response (as opposed to sticking his boot up Rossi's arse for what was a dumb arse manouver in the conditions).

The footage seems to show Rossi being decidedly late on the braking and carrying too much speed to the conditions. Perhaps he thought he would be slightly ahead of Stoner and able to drift wider?

End of the day, he f****d up, Stoner was cool(ish) about it and got in a GREAT dig! Being one of the 'great's' doen't give excuse a dickhead pass or make veryone else have to get out of your way.

As for those who think Rossi the greatest rider of all time - He's had the best bike when Honda were on top, the best bike with Yamaha. Stoner beat him when Rossi didn't have the best all round bike, but Stoner did it on a bike that everyone else seemed to think was a dog to control.

Personally I think Mike Hailwood - he had to ride some underpowered (Brit bikes) or evil handling machines (early Honda's) on incredibly dangerous tracks - (not to forget Duke, Surtees (Bike and F1 world champ), Agostini) and what about Mick Doohan - Mick may have only won 5 championships but Honda put him on some truly vile equipment. Anyone remember the Honda 500's with an almost 'all on - all off' throttle - they took skill to (almost) control, and frames that seemed to have a ball joint under the seat.
I lked one of the commentators comments along the lines of;

.....Stoner is still having problems with the front end of the Ducati - perfect!!
(07-04-2011, 07:29pm)steventh Wrote: I lked one of the commentators comments along the lines of;

.....Stoner is still having problems with the front end of the Ducati - perfect!!

Clap Lol2 Clap
(07-04-2011, 01:45pm)amcmo Wrote: Stoner said that he heard Rossi coming and moved over to let him through, which is what the footage seemed to show. Fact is Rossie lost it and took out Stoner who is one of the very few riders to be able to handle the Ducati, and is doing great on the Honda, so you also have to give him some cred for his riding ability also.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the comment. As previously posted, makes damnded good Phsych warfare next time Rossi is in a push with Stoner, and was a decidedly cool Australian response (as opposed to sticking his boot up Rossi's arse for what was a dumb arse manouver in the conditions).

The footage seems to show Rossi being decidedly late on the braking and carrying too much speed to the conditions. Perhaps he thought he would be slightly ahead of Stoner and able to drift wider?

End of the day, he f****d up, Stoner was cool(ish) about it and got in a GREAT dig! Being one of the 'great's' doen't give excuse a dickhead pass or make veryone else have to get out of your way.

As for those who think Rossi the greatest rider of all time - He's had the best bike when Honda were on top, the best bike with Yamaha. Stoner beat him when Rossi didn't have the best all round bike, but Stoner did it on a bike that everyone else seemed to think was a dog to control.

Personally I think Mike Hailwood - he had to ride some underpowered (Brit bikes) or evil handling machines (early Honda's) on incredibly dangerous tracks - (not to forget Duke, Surtees (Bike and F1 world champ), Agostini) and what about Mick Doohan - Mick may have only won 5 championships but Honda put him on some truly vile equipment. Anyone remember the Honda 500's with an almost 'all on - all off' throttle - they took skill to (almost) control, and frames that seemed to have a ball joint under the seat.

Man, I dot think any one questions Caseys ability to ride a bike fast. It is not always that the fastest bike vins the race so I think you undervalue greatly Rossi as a rider. The results speak for himself. The think is that all that will be recorded and tabled about this race is that Rissi finished 5th and Stoner DNF. Not sure if you have seen an interview with Mick Doohan and his comment on the incident. He wasn't going about it like a pork chop but simply said that this is racing, and people make a mistakes and accidents do and will happened. Why there is so quite about the incident that took the Marquez out in Moto2 race? That was more of the f*** up when that Frenchie run into his a*se. Yet no one whinges about that.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
I don't undervalue him. He is VERY good, but the 9 wins (when no-one could get close to the Honda, then Yamaha) doesn't automatically make him the best. And being that good doesn't exempt him from dumb-ass mistakes as some would have.

I'm just suggesting there are others with fewer titles could equally lay claim to the 'best' title, given the circumstances/equipment they rode with.
(04-04-2011, 10:49am)bazman Wrote: It was a stupid move that was NEVER gonna stick in those conditions Idiot2.....Rossi knew it, Casey knew it, and everyone watching it knew it!! You tend to expect a bit more skill and tactful riding from a guy of his calibre....but I think he might be riding with just a little bit too much ego these days, and still seems to hafta have something to prove? Undecided

Rossi deserved a punch in the head for such a silly passing attempt Knuppel2....and I reckon he was expecting just as much, coz he deliberately left his helmet ON when he went to apologize! I think Caseys' remark to Rossi was very appropriate and correct AND very diplomatic (compared to having a physical stoushe....which would have been very tempting for ANYONE getting taken out like that)!!

Wake up Vale.....if ya wanna win 1 more title in the twillight of your 2 wheel career.....ur gonna hafta start riding with style and tact and panache again....and NOT desperate, uncontrolled aggression!!!!

Pi_thumbsdownPi_thumbsdownPi_thumbsdown

+1
(07-04-2011, 01:45pm)amcmo Wrote: Stoner said that he heard Rossi coming and moved over to let him through, which is what the footage seemed to show. Fact is Rossie lost it and took out Stoner who is one of the very few riders to be able to handle the Ducati, and is doing great on the Honda, so you also have to give him some cred for his riding ability also.

I think you're doing the doc a disservice. At Honda he had by far the best bike, that's why he left. For the challenge. He won races on the early Yamaha that he had no right to be competitive on. Definitely one of the all time greats. Didn't stop him being a complete numbnuts though!!!
Another rider who really deserves to be on the list shouldn't have one but did list was Bazza Sheene.
It's a week by week charade.