latest "best tyres" for Busas
(25-05-2011, 10:04pm)BlackBusaLO Wrote: I've just put on a set of Pures and done two rides on them. I changed to a 190/55 and it took about 250km to get used and I've done about 750km on them now. I think they're fantastic! They're less stable than the BT016 but you can put your bike where you want it (e.g. you can start through a corner left of the center of your lane and mid corner you see gravel and just like that you can easily shift to the right of center).
+1 I like the pures aswell and I don't find them a problem going slow at all but be very careful when they are cold Scary
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
If you want grip and you're not worried about tyre wear then go for the Metzeler Racetechs. They come in three compounds K1 K2 K3 one being the softest. I use the K1 on my GSXR1000. Even when they're low I have not had a slip yet.
Yeah Dave01, I know what you mean. I was trying to get rid of the wax on a cold morning with damp patches of road down south. Felt real uneasy but I dropped the front tyre pressure to 34 which helped a little.

463046, Im guessing those racetechs are on par with bridgestones 003's and michelins power one's. This summer Im gonna get me some super sticky ones so I'll do a bit more research on those racetechs.
No trophies, no flowers, no flashbubs, no wine,
He is haunted by something he can not define.
The Distance, CAKE.
I've found the metzelers are alot better then the others especially when worn. I run 34 front 36 rear psi when riding the gillies range in Cairns. I find the metzelers give me a small bar wobble when i push to hard on worn tyres but they never slip, thats why i use them.
Well, I glued on some Battleax donuts! We'll see eh?
Well, so far a transformation! Mind you the oldies were stuffed, so I need to scrub them in and go for a track day!
Thanks for the input to this thread guys!