Petition to ban wire rope barriers
Yes the bam things should not be used at all. I seen a car hit the wire rope about 18 months ago on the M4 and it ripped the car to pieces. I stay off the side away from them on the M4 and slow down where they are. All we need is a truck at night to pull them out hay.
John
Thanks John
Done!

I find it suprising that some ambulance chasing lawyers haven't taken on a case. The prospect of success must be good in the light of the evidence from around the world of the system causing rather than preventing injuries.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(01-07-2011, 07:15am)06BUSA Wrote: Done as well! Hate riding past them knowing wat they would do to my skinny body if I hit them.
If you're skinny and "lucky" you could go between the ropes,on the other hand fat ass individuals will surely end up in a heap and cop a shredding!!
done as well
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.
- Mae West
Signed it as well but I wouldnt hold my breath that anything will change. Does anyone think that they really care about us dying on them? Still there is hope I guess and maybe I am just being pesimistic Undecided
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(01-07-2011, 02:43pm)1300hayabusa Wrote:
(01-07-2011, 07:15am)06BUSA Wrote: Done as well! Hate riding past them knowing wat they would do to my skinny body if I hit them.
If you're skinny and "lucky" you could go between the ropes,on the other hand fat ass individuals will surely end up in a heap and cop a shredding!!
From what I've seen/read, its the 'H' section stanchions that are frequently the main issue, not the wires as such. Its a bit like taking a rusty razor blade to the 'old fellah'.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(30-06-2011, 05:36pm)BUSABAZZ Wrote: Wire rope barriers (cheese cutters) as we know can be fatal, the government try to cut costs installing them but the only thing they're cutting is motorcyclists!

http://www.banwirebarriers.org/

Done Bazz Pi_thumbsup,
thanks for posting up this petition.....IMHO - anyone that operates ANY type of vehicle that is less robust than a Shermin tank that doesn't sign this petition has got shit for brains!!! Idiot2

Coolsmiley
I signed it!!

Andycool Confused

Andy, you have the coolest avitar I've ever seen...
Signed. Thank you.
WOW I didn't even see Rod's thread about the poor fella who sadly departed because of these damn things http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=17071
That story alone should be enough to make the government do something about them? (one would hope)

I know I go all white knuckled and cringing every time I ride past these so called "safety barriers"....

...Maybe a "work crew" with heavy duty bolt cutters and oxy/acetylene might have to do a bit of unpaid "night shift?" Wm
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
(03-07-2011, 03:05pm)BUSABAZZ Wrote: I know I go all white knuckled and cringing every time I ride past these so called "safety barriers"....
what do you do when you see a gum tree or a roo.Undecided

"If you're going through hell, keep going"
(01-07-2011, 06:14pm)Shifu Wrote: Signed it as well but I wouldnt hold my breath that anything will change. Does anyone think that they really care about us dying on them? Still there is hope I guess and maybe I am just being pesimistic Undecided

Imagine if every one thought like that......

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained......
(03-07-2011, 09:44pm)DAVE01 Wrote:
(03-07-2011, 03:05pm)BUSABAZZ Wrote: I know I go all white knuckled and cringing every time I ride past these so called "safety barriers"....

Never really put much thought into gum trees Undecided but I reckon they'll do a hell of a lot less damage? As far as roo's go, I just hope I'll get the front wheel up before I hit him so I can go over him, after all the Busa is long enough Lol3
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
(04-07-2011, 03:00pm)BUSABAZZ Wrote:
(03-07-2011, 09:44pm)DAVE01 Wrote:

Never really put much thought into gum trees Undecided but I reckon they'll do a hell of a lot less damage? As far as roo's go, I just hope I'll get the front wheel up before I hit him so I can go over him, after all the Busa is long enough Lol3

With all due respect to a better rider (as is usually the case), I just can't see the point in doing anything but accepting your fate if a roo jumps out in front of you.