Double bubble screen.
(16-08-2011, 08:34pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:
(16-08-2011, 08:20pm)ross79 Wrote: I've got a cheap ebay one on mine. Didn't fit to start with so I used a heat gun on it around the lower edges till it went soft. Slid it into place and got it to fit perfectly.

As Alway's , You get what you pay for . Put a topline powerbronze screen next to a $30 ebay screen & see if you can tell the difference. Unfortunately cheap crap looks & performs like cheap crap .

Fitted to a bike I doubt there's a big difference in appearance.
Performance wise, I bet there's no difference in wind deflection either. Maybe there's a wank factor to the more expensive item but I'm happy to pay a quarter of the amount for the same result .
Not sure how much you have looked but a zero gravity screen from US delivered $110 approx is ok by me. As soon as I find myself in a UK site I try a new search prices nearly always equivalent in pounds as in dollars.
Post seems to reflect the cost of one way accompanied baggage rather than just sending the item.

(16-08-2011, 11:13pm)Shifu Wrote: It is difficult to stay away from the crap considering that no good ones are available at a sane price. Tried today to order a windshield from HPS in UK. The screen is 30 mm highier than OEM, has the proper recess at the front edge, comes in dark smoke. In a word that is what I was after. The price - 67 pounds (about $110.00) perfect. Wait untill you get to checkout and see the price of shipping - 130 pounds - $205.00 Scary !! And that is the cheapest option! We can send 20 kg to UK for $95.00 but getting 5 kg back here cost twice as much. Or does it? It seems we getting ripped off blind.

[quote='Landmine' pid='248834' dateline='1313560450']
Not sure how much you have looked but a zero gravity screen from US delivered $110 approx is ok by me. As soon as I find myself in a UK site I try a new search prices nearly always equivalent in pounds as in dollars.
Post seems to reflect the cost of one way accompanied baggage rather than just sending the item.

You are not wrong there. I find the UK sites to be biggest offenders when comes to postage costs. Suggest check the prices for Powerbronze in UK and then for the same items on Australian site. We are getting pretty much f#*d over here Scary
Had a look at that zero gravity screen today. Looks fine as you said. Will get myself one. Thanks Pi_thumbsup

"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Well the $20 double bubble screen I ordered off ebay arrived the other day and I'm not even going to try and fit it. I'm not saying it wont fit but it aint going near my bike. I have enquired about a Zero Gavity ST screen and it will cost about $110 delivered from the states. I'm looking for a screen that fits like the original and have been told these do.

There are a few guys that run the Zero Gavity screen. So you shouldn't have any trouble with that brand.
Thanks John
when i brought my Gen11 i got a hotbodies screen out from australia and the bike shop said they had a hell of a time fitting it and the screen does not sit flush so if thats where the trouble with the cheap screens is the expensive ones aren,t much better. i got a zero gravity one out from the states (cheaper than getting it from oz) for my Xs 600 and it fitted like a dream.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
I am waiting on my double bubble to arrive so will let you know how it goes, paid $109 from the US so will see.
Rosebusa
(27-08-2011, 09:58am)KylieWA Wrote: I am waiting on my double bubble to arrive so will let you know how it goes, paid $109 from the US so will see.

I need a pic of that pls Kylie.....been thinkin' about puttin' a chrome screen on for a while now....would be great to see how it looks on yours!! Yes

Coolsmiley
Back on for the first time for some while.

As some may know, we sell Zero Gravity screens (as does Faster Faster).

As Steve seems to be away, I will jump in and state that either he or I can supply screens at what should be damn close to the US price.

As Steve seems to be away, and not wanting to see business unecessarily going overseas, I'll put a price of $110.00 plus $10.00 post Oz wide for double bubbles for both Gen 1 and 2.

Gen 2 we have.

1 x Clear
4 x Light Smoke
3 x Dark Smoke

Gen 1
1 each Light Smoke and Dark Smoke.

Preference is for business to go through Steve if he is around an has stock, however as he's showing away, happy to fill the gap.
(29-08-2011, 04:27pm)amcmo Wrote: As Steve seems to be away....

Who is this "Steve" man that you speak of....???

Undecided Confused Undecided
I've bought a couple zero gravity screens as factory seconds from the US for my gen 2 and have been very happy with them.
I would certainly look at buying another one of their screens again if/when I need one. Would prefer to buy from an aussie agent, but will go where my wallet takes me.
If it's too loud....You're too old!
If it's too fast....You're too old!
If it's too sexy....You're ???
i,m the same Tempozzy with money the way it is now you need to shop around a dollar saved is a dollar towards something else for the bike. Here in N.Z. we have to shop around because everything is expensive here. i want to go to the double bubble screen and zero gravity seem to have a nice fit but i,m after a blue one to match my superfast 09 white busa. 2fast4u
(30-08-2011, 07:43am)grumpy Wrote: i,m after a blue one to match my superfast 09 white busa. 2fast4u

You do not have black busas in NZ ???? Confused
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(30-08-2011, 11:51pm)Shifu Wrote:
(30-08-2011, 07:43am)grumpy Wrote: i,m after a blue one to match my superfast 09 white busa. 2fast4u

You do not have black busas in NZ ???? Confused

nobody wants to buy them they,re tooooo slow so they send them back to australia. Ghastly everyone with the mighty white knows we got the fastest. Nutkickyt1 Trophy
fasterfaster - sorry, should be Pete - Dopey moment.