How good is Rossi
Or see him tryin do the IOM TT,
[/quote]

Rossi's thought's on the TT

[Image: aaaaabusatattoo.jpg]
Without taking away from Casey his just won his second title. 5 more to go before you can say that he is better than Rossi. Gay or not (not quite sure why people bring that up here like it matters- NOT) Valentino is the greatest rider that ever was and he proved it over and over. So some respect would be in order, if you are a real rider and understand what it takes to achieve what he did. I myself support Stoner and wish him another 10 championships but emotions should not be overruning the reality. I think he will pull out of Moto GP within the next 3 years and pursue the car racing as he mentioned so many times. So somehow I think Rossi is still the one to aspire to, and the one to beat. Biker
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(24-12-2011, 11:25pm)Shifu Wrote: Without taking away from Casey his just won his second title. 5 more to go before you can say that he is better than Rossi. Gay or not (not quite sure why people bring that up here like it matters- NOT) Valentino is the greatest rider that ever was and he proved it over and over. So some respect would be in order, if you are a real rider and understand what it takes to achieve what he did. I myself support Stoner and wish him another 10 championships but emotions should not be overruning the reality. I think he will pull out of Moto GP within the next 3 years and pursue the car racing as he mentioned so many times. So somehow I think Rossi is still the one to aspire to, and the one to beat. Biker

Sorry mate but Rossi is good bordering on great he still has a long way to go to catch up with the greatest.

Giacomo Agostini (Italy) 15 World titles, 122 victories in all classes Trophy

Jim
(25-12-2011, 01:40am)BusaJim Wrote: [quote='Shifu' pid='257471' dateline='1324733124']

Sorry mate but Rossi is good bordering on great he still has a long way to go to catch up with the greatest.

Giacomo Agostini (Italy) 15 World titles, 122 victories in all classes Trophy

Jim

Sure mate, Giacomo has more titles - hats off to him. However we are talking about a modern races here so it would be unfair to compare apples with oranges. No one ever is going to beat or even equal that now, simply because the competition now is so much closer and the flow of new talent like Marquez or Vineales will make it more and more difficult to win multiple titles in a racing career of a rider. Not sure if we will see the span like Capirossi's anymore. Biker
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Giacomo Agostini (Italy) 15 World titles, 122 victories in all classes

Really says it all , especially on machinery of the day Pi_thumbsup

I believe Freddie Spencer is the only rider to have competed in both the 250cc and 500cc Grand Prix World Championships,
winning both titles in the same year !! - Impressive .

But Rossi definitely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame Trophy
[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
(25-12-2011, 06:12pm)bRoWnEyE Wrote: Giacomo Agostini (Italy) 15 World titles, 122 victories in all classes

Really says it all , especially on machinery of the day Pi_thumbsup

I believe Freddie Spencer is the only rider to have competed in both the 250cc and 500cc Grand Prix World Championships,
winning both titles in the same year !! - Impressive .

But Rossi definitely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame Trophy

Ago won the 500cc & the 350cc titles 5 yrs running ..1968 - 1972. Not taking anything away from King Freddie....... he had class opposition when he won the double! Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Blackzook has been running some amazing times out at Eastern Creek! I predict he'll make the rest seem insignificant soon...
Great riders ? What about John Surtees ? the ONLY man ever to win a World 500cc GP Championship AND FORMULA 1 CARS too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never ride the A model of anything.
(27-12-2011, 01:38pm)Rev Wrote: Great riders ? What about John Surtees ? the ONLY man ever to win a World 500cc GP Championship AND FORMULA 1 CARS too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Rev, was that back when JC was quarterback for the Jerusalem All-Stars?, Before most of these youngsters were even born! lol.

On Casey - I believe he is building a brilliant reputation all for himself. However, he has to equal Mick Doohan first before he can go after Vallentino. To be able to do last year what Velentino couldn't on the same bike this year is testimony to his abilities comparatively.

Go Casey! Our next National winning icon.