Wheelie Tips
Thanks Shayne. I might wait a year or two before I try that one... still learning how to corner properly... <i></i>
Hey guys ummm by smoko's u mean a rollin burnout? i think the principle is the same for most high powered sport bikes, i use the method of gettin over the front end while modestly accelerating, giving the front brakes a slight tap while rollin more gas into it, the rear lights up no dramas, that was on my ex ZXZ12R, Gettin BUSA soon so cant wait <i></i>
Hi Paladin, welcome to the board!

Where abouts are you based?

You will love the Busa, not that the 12 is a bad rig either.
The Busa is fairly balanced with heaps of power and does rolling burnouts off throttle without the need to dab the brakesa nd clutched in first, second and third.
Shayne

<i></i>
hey aBUSa im in brisbane, can't wait to get her either, lookin to pay around $13,00 for it as i cant afford to buy new (I WISH) i aint had much to do with suzuki's so am a tad curoius on the big bad bird. if the busa has as much mumbo as the 12 then im a happy boy (only 25). any good pointers on the girl would b great for me as the only bikes i've had r zx12r, 01 R1, 97GSX-R 750.

cheers Paladin <i></i>
Hey paladin

A few of the guys are going to the Brekkie Creek tonight for the last time this year if you are interested.

Not sure if I can make it myself but the boys are friendly enough so drop by if you can.

To check on future Nights at the creek visit here

Brisbane Thursday Night Beer & B.S.
<i></i>
Hey thanks aBUSa for the invite pitty but i cant make that 1, will go when the next 1 is though. i get my busa next week. i live in Kallangur if any of u guys are up this way give us a bell and pop round for a chat and coffee

stay wheels down y'all <i></i>
Hey mate there's a few of us over the northside so
we may be able to catch up after xmas.
For most people the busa's a love or hate bike.
Dont listen to all the crap about them being to big to handle.
They are very rider friendly as long as you dont f*** up on them ,because when they bit it's hard & fast .
I love mine & I 've had 4 of them, & 1 is turboed.
I owned a zx12r & I thought it was gutless down low compared to the bus
Shane <i></i>
Hey Shredder thanks mate i really cant wait to get her, and yeah would love to catch up after xmas as we've just moved here so friends here are limited. if any u guys wanna chat and coffe just call on 0408 707 300 and drop round as we would like to hear about the busa and tips would be good, hope they wheelie as goiod as my old 12 did. <i></i>
It's not clever, and is arguebly out of date now in these times of sensitive, metro-sexual men.

I don't like 'em because I think even a well landed wheelie isn't that good for a bike.

For those of us with the free Busa Manual, check out the bloke on the red/black busa who loses his (initially impressive) wheelie, - broken bones, and worse, wreck busa sliding up the road. <i></i>
Yep,

Don't try wheelies the day after buying a new bike.
It can be fatal.
Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
I was over at Vic Wreckers the other day looking for a spare part for a mod

On top of a cabinet were 4 bike steering heads that had snapped off bikes for one reason or another.

One was off a , apparently the front end snapped off the bike when the rider whacked a vertical wheelie back down going very fast <i></i>
I hav heard all the cheese cake stories under the sun...

My old 99 mod with ovet 50k on here now still kicks but..

Standard escept 4 full yohshi 4-1..

Sit in 3rd at bout 8-10rpm and lift here up to balance with

satndard gearing.

<i></i>
If you want to learn to do a wheel stand, wait for the next Buell ride day in your area, then ring up and book a ride on the XB12S Lightning (the non-sporty looking one). People reckon the busa is ugly, but I'm sure buell is american indian for fuggin attrocious.

Anyway, it's as easy as getting to 4,000 rpm in 1st or second, then snap the throttle off (the 1200 v-twin takes a while to slow down the revs but don't worry about that) then snap the throttle fully open and lean back a little. The front will just come up nice and easy and SLOW. The suspension is so squishy on these things you probably won't even know you've raised the front wheel for a while.

About the idiot bit? The only time I've picked the front wheel off the ground on the busa was down the straight at the goat track in Vic, and that was Isle of Man style. So if I can pick the wheel up on a Buell, anyone can! Even a chick!! -385-
XOCET<i></i>
Having pulled a couple of wheelies over the last few days on my newly tuned BUSA, I can guarantee that braided brake lines are no better than the OEM.........

IN MID AIR!

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
Got a new busa,too scared to do put it up for long,not enough experience hhaha,ive done it 3 odd times
but i dont hold it there,dont want to know the cost if it all goes wrong .