Hello to all
Been there, done that.
Won't be f#ckin' going there again.
ok pic of other bike 2010 heritage softail, goes well enough and gets enough attention from people. But a different class all together.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpeg   IMG_231200942429902.jpeg (Size: 98.64 KB / Downloads: 140)
I find it a laugh going from one bike to the other, Set up for high speed feet under bum then onto the easy chair for comfy chillen.
Ive got a 2008 crossbones.
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
Yeah I've put mini apes on her now so feels like a more relaxed ride, 2 different bikes for 2 different things. Both give me that feeling of freedom we all enjoy.
Nup
welcome mate
have a look at your rego papers &they will tell you what year it is
if it is 2011 on your complianced then it is a 2011
don,t worry about what year it is just get out there ride & enjoy
cheers wayne
Will I Ever Learn ??? Probably Not Police
Welcome to the forum harleyore.
What sort of track day was it you were going on , is it being held at Barbagallo raceway ?
The last time I went to one was on the 99 Fireblade quite some time ago so I would be interested to hear how you go on the Bussa.
Hey mate, Yeah when my roster finally sorts itself out ill be looking at going with trakdayz at barbs. Is definitely going to be an eye opener. I think theres one on the 23 or 24 th of august might be able to get on that one if all goes well.
I just had a read about the Level 1 Course that trakdayz do , looks like the same type of thing I did all those years ago.

Fourth gear and no brakes for the first four sessions , focusing on one aspect at a time in each session with instructors observing and giving tips in-between track sessions.
When I did the course I was picking up speed and confidence until the back tyre started to move around a little , wound up running off the track and going over the bars. Lucky it was slow speed and the bike was ok.

Defiantly worth doing.
(17-06-2014, 02:12pm)harleyore Wrote: I am in Perth and never thought I would have bought a hayabusa even thou I have liked there styling since they came out, Must of had a small mid life crisis as I decided a few weeks ago to look at sports bikes on a whim and low and behold theres a 2012 busa sitting in my garage now Very Happy haha funny how that works. Have been riding for around 22 years now from dirt bikes and Harleys when I got my open license.I finally got out on the busa for a ride of around 200km's a couple of days to go and man I couldn't stop grinning its like riding a smooth comfortable bullet, I thought I would open her up a little bit thru the twisties to see what I could do and it just smiled and laughed at me and said is that it Scary So am maybe planning on taking her to a track day on the 5th of july so they can show me how to ride her properly (hopefully)Biker

I do have a few questions at the moment and im sure a ton later on.

The bike has confused me, it has the 2012 colour scheme and when I decode the vin it says 2012 but on the compliance plate it was built in 2011 and its registered as a 2011 which one is it a 2011 or 2012?

I picked it up for $12,900 only done 19,000kms stock standard was this a good buy?

Hope to catch you on a ride one day.

G'day mate,
Great choice of colours, I bought the identical bike from Peter Stevens in Melbourne in January. Made November,2012, imported Aug 2013, and I bought on 14 Jan. I paid $15000 ride away, but it only had 1 k on it. So a good pick up by you.
Welcome
Biker
Fellers we did a Track Day up at Barbs with Trakdayz with a few of us from the forum and was a great day and yes you would be right about the 4th gear no bakes etc and then they slowly incorporate things during the day. The only thing with the Busa is if they don't tell you to do it choose 3rd gear for the day slightly better engine braking and still tall enough to hit some good speed etc.

It was quite funny when I did it because they mentioned by the end of the day you can end up going slower than you did during previous sessions throughout the day and how right where they I couldn't work out why everyone was going that much slower. It was that noticeable that it got to the point you had to really watch what was going on otherwise you could've ploughed straight up the arse end of someone because they were backing off / braking so much more than they were without using brakes.

The Busa on the Track was a great bike and if you're use to riding big bikes then it won't be an issue if your coming of a smaller bike well just allow for the extra weight etc and think about the counter steering which they will talk about anyway.

I know some of us have talked about doing another track day we just haven't got around to organising it as yet.

Have Fun Rev004.

(04-08-2014, 11:31pm)harleyore Wrote: Hey mate, Yeah when my roster finally sorts itself out ill be looking at going with trakdayz at barbs. Is definitely going to be an eye opener. I think theres one on the 23 or 24 th of august might be able to get on that one if all goes well.

(06-08-2014, 11:14pm)A^K^T Wrote: I just had a read about the Level 1 Course that trakdayz do , looks like the same type of thing I did all those years ago.

Fourth gear and no brakes for the first four sessions , focusing on one aspect at a time in each session with instructors observing and giving tips in-between track sessions.
When I did the course I was picking up speed and confidence until the back tyre started to move around a little , wound up running off the track and going over the bars. Lucky it was slow speed and the bike was ok.

Defiantly worth doing.