Swann/QBE/Aurora insurance
Sorry guys, the Arista Excess should have read
Excess; $350.00.

Cheers

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
<i></i>
I'm rating 5 now thanks to the couple of bingles in the last few months, insured the new busa yesterday. Didn't even bother asking Swann, I suspect they'll want to be rid of me.

I'm 34, no claims in 10 years, then 2 in about 4 months

QBE: $2900!
Arista: $1400

I think you can guess who got my business.... <i></i>
G'day
Yep, just renewed with I C Frith / Aurora and added $1k to sum insured to now total $15,200 (agreed value). Premium $633. 60% no claim .
Only scary bit is it an overseas insurance company. But shouldn't be a problem really, as none of us expect to claim. Do we?
Regards
Kevin <i></i>
Just make sure you tell them if you have a bad lic. record. Because if you have a ding and they ask for it and its bad kiss the lot goodbye. <i></i>
I just got my next year's bill from Arista.
$12,500 agreed value for a 99 Red Black.
$500 excess, no under 40 riders and no commuting plus 60% no claim bonus.
$534.
Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
Busgo,
Get a quote from NRMA Veteran Vintage & Classic as seen in your Old Farts Mag. It would be less than that with the same or better agreed value. I think mine is less than $500 and valued at $14500.
Turtle <i></i>
Thanks Turtle but I've checked with them before and you can only ride weekends and have a max of 8000k per year.
I average about twice that.
Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
Guys, i just gave Arista the arse after their recent 40% increase in premium. I was 45%ncb and paying 1500 with arista, but called GIO and they put me straight to rating 1 and $780. <i></i>
Bee... I'm not doubting you but... GIO ?? You have to be kidding me ! I got a quote from them last year and they were so much more expensive I laughed for 15 minutes and happily signed the cheque for Western QBE. I'm talking almost $1050 compared with $595. I'll have to give GIO another try this year - obviously they've sharpened the pencil a bit.

Regards.... Rob (Astro)<i></i>
Thanks for the info. I had a YZF1000 ThunderAce over 10 years ago that rolled off the side stand in my driveway. Cost $3,000 to put it back together. ($300 was just the Yamaha decal) and I lost my no claim bonus for 2 years.
(24-04-2003, 07:00pm)SubRX Wrote: Received my renewal from QBE for the Bus recently. $1040 for market value. Went into the local bike shop for a Swann quote, $1500+ for agreed value of 15K. He suggested I ring NRMA. They wanted $1700+ for 15K AV. Another salesman then gave me a pamphlet for Aurora, and underwriting agency for IC Friths. Marketed as "Affordable insurance designed for experienced riders 25 to 39 years". She asked how much I wished to insure for, I replied, "how much will you let me?" $17800 is our starting rate she replies. How much absolute top value. $20k.

I ask her for the two premiums. $756 for the 17.8k and $843 for the 20k. She ended up doing $799 for the 20k.

800 bills is still a heap of doe, but I reckon you could do that much damage and more just rolling off the side stand. An '01 Busa insured for 20k, mad not to me thinks.

Anyone interested in Aurora, 1800 649 797, they even pay for the call. Sydney based company. If you speak to Carmel, tell her Dave from Harrington Park said she has to do a great deal, or I'll skitch Col and Glenn onto her.

Regards,, Goldie <i></i>

Scaryo Yards
UPDATE from QBE... still thikning about it after reading the other thread about them.. but heres the run down
2001 busa, no added extra's
market value ($8500)
gear $4000
Excess $600
Premium $417/yr
with listed DUI 35 months ago of 0.08

a lot of other insurance companies instantly refused cover with DUI and price doesn;t seem to bad..
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
i'de go for it for that price with gear covered of $4000 (?). seems good to me, especially with your history
already bought it LOL
Standard is riding gear up to $4000 with a max price on single item of $2000
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

QBE just quoted me $1,092 fully comp for a brand new '12 model Busa and $264 3rd party. Bike valued at $16.5k. 10yrs riding history, maximum no claims and no points. Fully comp also includes $4k of gear cover.

I'm divided. As it is a toy (2nd bike) I might just go 3rd party and if I lose it through something silly of my own fault then I lose it. Then I look at the bike, brand new and all that, and it makes me think I should put fully comp on it.

Cheers,
Delirious.
Bikes in the stable:
2012 Hayabusa in black
2008 R1200GS in silver
Hey Delirious... Dj found this insurer... Go have a look.

http://www.famousinsurance.com.au/
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1