Clutch Fluid Mod?
totally agree FF. I wont even mention that my clutch fluid is still OEM yikes.... hey I just mentioned it. <i></i>
I'll bring the digi camera. Was it 2 litre milk tops or coke bottle tops? I thought I reat coke tops on the US site. Either way, I'll bring a few, just let me know when and where.
Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>
if ya gunna do the mod, make sure you are geared up with the cylinder kit and overhaul the bugger whilst you are there..... and if you are real serious, you should really do the master as well..... cos the contamination is there too...

hey, all of a sudden ther job is a bit more serious.. maybe ff could come along to supervise you guys in case you f*** it up.... <i></i>
I've never had a problem helping anyone on the board before BB ..................... and apart from the odd occassion it's always been appreciated. All one need do is but ask.
But in this case I didn't think it would be needed ...........are you busy on the day BB ? <i></i>
Re: Helping hand. Still happy with my clutch fluid mod. FF1 How about ordering me a set of those trick blue guages? I saw Revs today, I just gota have a set now. Don't forget my model is the slow one.(280 klm/h) : lol
Cheers, Phil. Riding and limping not talking. <i></i>
pete,
i'm gunna be interstate that weekend otherwise i would be there just for the company... despite of what you think, i'm sure the boys could use a bit of your expert guidance and if nothing more, you could have my latte <i></i>
Just a bit of an update on the clutch cylinder mod,i did mine yesterday.I dont think the milk bottle top will fit.I went and put a seal over the top of mine.It was 38mm x 20mm x 8mm and cost me $4.If you need to put in a new piston seal they are about $7 and if you need to replace the whole cylinder it will cost you $111,these prices were quoted from mick hones in box hill,cheers Rod. <i></i>
Volvi - Did you work out which clutch fluid you was thinking of? <i></i>
Actually the whole thing slipped my mind but did check out that it was Bel Ray (if thats what its called) fluid which I wanted being amber so visible in micro glass.

Rod, the round milk tops I got are 40mm x 6mm, you saying they're too big? and your measurements are square, what did you get? <i></i>
I actually fitted a seal inside the bore which is 38mm.The problam was that the seal restricted the travel of the piston .So you need something that fits over the whole cylinder which is 42mm,so your top needs to be 42mm inside diameter.I'm going back to the drawing board and making the aluminium plate as described previously in this thread.Good luck with it. ps (the thing is a bitch to bleed ,so have plenty of brake fluid on board.) <i></i>
Oh bugger, I'm not properly prepared so may have to call off this mod on Saturday. Unless there's another who is prepared and will go ahead and dont mind spectators to learn from. <i></i>
It might be worthwhile machining something out of aluminium. I haven't looked at it yet, but will a cylindrical tube shaped piece of alu (internal dia of 32mm) do the job (if sealed on top)??

Might wait till I check it out (next time the fairings are off) and make something up on the lathe.
Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>
sorry, 42mm internal diameter
Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>
Well i finally completed the job.Had to put in a new clutch cylinder as the old one was scored and leaking. .I made up a cover out of gal sheet metal and drilled 3 holes in it. 2x6mm and the one for the clutch rod,8mm.Put 2 longer cylinder bolts(allen head),30mmx6mm and then put 2x6mm nylock nuts on the bolts to hold the plate on.Took her out for a test ride today and all seems good.I do have to admit the clutch does feel more progressive .Just as a side note to this,when i was picking up the new clutch cylinder from Hones,i happened to have a chat to the guy who sold me the bike,i told him about the badly designed clutch cylinder (sort of tongue in cheek),thinking he might take this on board and he just laughed at me thinking,who is this fool expecting some sort of waranty Suzuki really need to have a bit of a geek at a Honda and they might learn abit about finish and attention to detail.Dont get me wrong,i love the busa but little things like this just can be annoying! <i></i>
I agree. Suzuki could improve the bike cheaply. Since the first model, there have been little problems that they don't bother with. You have to think that they are treating the customer with contempt because the bike sells so well, but with such great sales they ought to put back into the machine.

Look at Kawasaki. The 12R sucked, so they sorted it after just one year.

The Hayabusa needs a fan that doesn't melt (check yours, you'll see what I mean), maybe a second fan in hot climates, and this simple little clutch mod. What would it cost.

More goodwill could be demonstrated by exchanging the subframes to steel ('99 and '00) for any owner who wanted it.

Peter have you checked out the link under 'sexiest clutch mod ever' in this thread. That guy machined a cool looking part for this mod. I have no machining skills whatsoever, and would buy a machined part or two for this mod from anyone who could bash a couple together.

Cheers <i></i>