Clutch Fluid Mod?
Seems I have this problem as well, anyone here, can you recommend a Suzuki dealer I could take this to for warranty ??

<i></i>
Got the mod. Milk bottle top is a perfect fit... <i></i>
Good luck, mate. Suzuki will blame you for riding the bike more than once a month. More trouble than it's worth - live with it, I'd say.

I have a '00 with over 40,000km on it and it's fine. Just in case you're weighing up the risk. I change the fluid every year. <i></i>
well either way I wanna know a dealer I can take it to here in Sydney in case of needing other warranty work as well, plus for the money we have shelled out for these things they friggen well better listen to me about it.

But like I said, I still wanna know where I can take it if something else goes wrong with it. <i></i>
Richard,is it your bikes birthday,clutch mod,new tyre,i'll bet you've even washed it,see you tommorrow! <i></i>
Suzuki head office told me that there is no such problem, and that the clutch fluid does not go dark.

Action reckon it's usual on most bikes, and is caused by the rubber brake lines. Harmless!

Col at Ten tenths, wonders why there is not two way contamination if it is what most people think it is. Lack of protection from shit on the clutch slave cylinder next to the front sprocket.

I think Suzuki have a '00 busa parked in the office that has never, and WILL never, EVER be switched on or sat on. Unless something goes wrong with that machine, it does not exist beyond rider error or misadventure. <i></i>
If Suzuki say this is not a problam,tell them to get on there pc's and check what everyday riders have to say! Regarding action saying this is unusual,thats because most bikes with a hydraulic clutch,usually have a rubber boot over the slave cylinder. ,and as far as col at 10/10ths,not sure what your on about with the two way contamination!Please explain? <i></i>
So the Boffins at Action reckon the "rubber lines " cause the clutch fluid to go black ??

Great, then why doesn't the brake fluid do the same ? the lines look identical to me ?

And Suzuki say the clutch fluid doesn't go black ? Fine as well, obviously we're all colour blind <i></i>
checked out the clutch fluid condition on a number of latish model bikes (as well as a couple of cars) and found ALL of them to have similarly discoloured/contaminated fluid in the clutch reservoir as the busa, whilst the brake fluid was comparatively still like new,,
now i know that in all those cases the setup is nothing like the busa and the chain/sprocket oil muck throw off cannot be blamed for the contamination, so i am not convinced about the argument put forward here by some - although there may be some contribution,,
in my opinion it's more the fact that the pistons in the clutch master and the slave travel full strokes whilst the brake pistons hardly travel at all,,
before any of the usual anonymous lurkers attack me on this, just remember, this is NOT expert advice, it's only my personal OPINION…….
cheers
les
<i></i>
If your not interested and don't believe in it, why don't you keep your NON EXPERT ADVISE to yourself???
Cheers, Phil. Riding not lurking... <i></i>
disappointing and uncalled for vitriol from you phil, have you have been poisoned ???

i didn't say that i wasn't interested nor that i don't believe in it, i was merely canvassing an argument relating to its effectiveness and in that regard, it would be interesting to note if the clutch fluid was still clean after 10,000 kays with the mod, .... perhaps you could already answer that, seeing that you do at least 40,000 kays a year

sorry to hear about your mishap in the garage..
cheers
les

<i></i>
Definatly getting the popcorn out for this one! Les,i base my theory on previous bikes i've owned with hyd clutches and have never had this problam before. However the big tell tale sign was one day i went to ride and found the clutch reservoir level so low that it must be leaking someware! Guess what , it was the retchard slave cylinder. <i></i>
Have to agree Rocket, none of my previous rides ever had this oddity including a few Suzuki's as well. This bike is the only one out of those that doesn't have a dust/dirt seal over the slave cylinder bore

If as Busababy suspects that the prob is a wear issue in the master cylinder & perhaps it could be, then I am not looking forward to replacing that when or if it eventually fails like my slave cylinder.

Anyway, that's what you get for keeping a bike too long <i></i>
BB. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Ding................
Cheers, Phil. Riding not talking. <i></i>