Rocket funeral details
The Wild Wind Wrote:You got my number, Max - let me know and I'll make the spare bed up.

Thanks Rich, It looks like Brent and I are coming down on Monday. We'll leave from my plac her in Canberra Monday morning, it's about 700 kays so It'll take us the day to get there. Looking forward to seeing you guys and getting the opportunity to see the Rocket Man off. He was and will always be our brother.

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Yah, barring anything unforseen I've managed to get time away from work so I'll be riding down with Max
Cool - two beds will be waiting.
Shit!!!!!

I met Rod a couple of times and both times we always had a good chat. The first time was when I met him was a coffee and chat session at the Melbourne hang out (Cleo's I think), the second time was the inaugural Jindy run. Please pass on all my condolences to friends and family of Rod, may he rest in the place where motorcycles are fast, and there are no speed limits.

If I could I would ride down too!
Sad news! Our condolances to Rod's family and friends
Mark & Gaye
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
Oh no..................

I just looked at the board. Haven't checked in for a few days....

I feel ill...................

I caught up with him a few weeks back. So glad I did. His spirits were high. He finally had a better hair style. (Sorry Rocket)
As in Revs post. He was a top guy. Always riding not talking. Great company, always good for a story and a laugh. And always willing to do a good turn with no strings attached.

Good Grief I'm going to miss him...Undecided

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Love and best wishes.

God Bless You Rocketman for making the world a better place.

R.I.P. brother, Phil. "Your Car is still Very Boring" Action-smiley-083
[Image: Doitforthegroupies.jpg]
This is never a good thing. He went out knowing that he had friends and family that cared about him and that he would be missed. RIP Rod. Time for the giraffe to raise his cheeky eyebrow one last go.

[attachment=1305]
We need a guard of honour of bikes, headed up by a giraffe! Can anyone get one at short notice?

I must say it gave me a little jump again when I saw that head pop up on a new post.
Oh, and add to that the fact that I was just listening to some music that Rocket gave me!
Im new to this forum , but very saddened by the news........... :( My thoughts are with his family and friends...... :(

My flag is at half mast.......

Boc
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
Mutha Wrote:Funeral is Tuesday at 11.30 am, location Lilydale.
There will be more info posted soon.

Tez.

Any more info yet???
Where's the meeting place to head out to Lilydale??
What's the route so others can wait & join in along the way?? (I'm at Mulgrave so I'll join up at Springvale Rd somewhere I guess)

Has the venue been decided?? Address ??

Are we gathering anywhere afterwards??

Any info would be appreciated.....
I am sure I speak for every Queensland member when I offer sincere condolences to Rod's family and friends.
Ride on Rod, you made your mark and wont be forgotten.
With respect.
Chopper
Im not involved in any of the arrangements nor know of any details as yet. But I would suggest that the Melb mob might meet up at maccas cnr springvale rd and maroondah hgwy Nunawadding, weve often met there in the past at that location for heading out towards Lilydale. So those involved in arrangements please cosider that meeting point before all heading out to Lilydale.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Sounds good, what time you leaving Mcdonalds?

Volvi Wrote:Im not involved in any of the arrangements nor know of any details as yet. But I would suggest that the Melb mob might meet up at maccas cnr springvale rd and maroondah hgwy Nunawadding, weve often met there in the past at that location for heading out towards Lilydale. So those involved in arrangements please cosider that meeting point before all heading out to Lilydale.
Louwai Wrote:
Mutha Wrote:Funeral is Tuesday at 11.30 am, location Lilydale.
There will be more info posted soon.

Tez.

Any more info yet???
Where's the meeting place to head out to Lilydale??
What's the route so others can wait & join in along the way?? (I'm at Mulgrave so I'll join up at Springvale Rd somewhere I guess)

Has the venue been decided?? Address ??

Are we gathering anywhere afterwards??
Any info would be appreciated.....

SMITH. _ The Funeral Service
for Mr Rodney Kevin Smith
will be held at the Lilydale
Memorial Park Crematorium
Chapel, 126 Victoria Rd,
Lilydale (Mel. Ref. 280 D11)
on TUESDAY (Aug. 28) at
11.30 a.m.
In lieu of flowers, donations to
Cancer Council Victoria would
be appreciated. Envelopes
available at the Chapel.

There will be cake and sandwiches at the chapel.

Then a big piss up at the Olinda Creek Hotel main street Lilydale.. Biker
never fly higher than your angel.