hayabusa 2008
first welcometo the board you will find everyone here very friendly and helpfull .i have a 08 busa on order just have to wait ....
Regards,
Shane
The best thing I have seen about the 08 is that it's
supplying the motor for the B-King.

Mmmmm....... B-King...Smitten
I think that the 08 busa will be a real leap forward.
The engine mods have all been tried before on various models and the small increase in capacity is easily taken up by the super strong internals of the old model.

The whole front end is off a gixxer 1000, probably with a few sizing adjustments and the slipper clutch has been under development since 1998.

On top of that it has better aerodynamics, better lights, mapping on the fly, a gear position indicator, lighter and stronger swingarm and lots more grunt.

My choice for the next step.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Larra, I'm a newbie too - just about to pick up my brand new 07 'busa. I ended up deciding for a 07 rather than a second-hand 'busa becasue the ride away price was $15,800. Not a sticker price to sneeze at. I don't think the second hand market has realised that these bikes are being so heavilly discounted. As well as that, I couldn't justify waiting 'till after the GP (taking my bike there for its first outing) and paying another $4k just for the pleasure of having the newest version.

In the end, I decided I liked the look and feel of the current model. I agree that the 08 is a huge leap forward etc etc (as per Bugso's comment - the slipper clutch works a treat on the ZX14) but for what I want, I'm really happy with my 07. And you can sink that extra cash into mods if you want... Biker
$16,400 for an 2007 on the roadScary
larra Wrote:First as a new member i say hello to all the board members.
I live in Brisbane and i have owned a few bikes including 2 fj 1200's
and my last bike was zzr-1100 but gonna buy a busa soon which brings me to the topic of this thread;
went to springwood suzuki this morning and was told that 2008 model
arrives in november ,they already have many deposits on the model
and the price has not gone up, but of course 2007 models are heavily discounted at the moment. $19700 on road i was told
I suppose that they dont have to discount the price to make the 2008 model to sell. Icon_rolleyes Anyway its not long now and this christmas im buying myself a present Drool
Hi all
New membe as well
Got the Busa back in Feb Paid $16400 Au on the Road.
Thanks for the replies. There are some good arguements for and against waiting for 08 model. I think that either way i wont be dissapointed its an awesome bike and i like the looks of both models (even the arse end of 08 model looks ok to me )
I will be doing finance so the price difference would not feel like that much. Decisions,decisions...???
Larra @ Tjferret, as new Brissy bike guys why don't you come into the Brekky Creek hotel this thursday night to our B@B and meet a heap of other Busa. riders we start getting there around 6.00pm.Just go around to the side street at the back of the pub and you wlii see the bikes parked on the footpath
Cowboy.
Welcomelarra
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Welcome Newbies 2fast4u
never fly higher than your angel.
Welcome to all the new members.... enjoy !