Avon Storm-ST Tyres
Anyone know where to get a set of Avon's on short notice in Melbourne. Last time I went to get them fitted I was told there would be a wait to get the 190 in.
just done 7000ks on the avons,and still holding good,should get 10,000ks out of the back.
got my next pair orderd and waiting,
born to be mild
put my 1st avon st on the back,& have to say they feel good for my style of riding ,if i get the mileage that your getting max, after seeing you ride i will be very pleased. Ive used the metzler m3s for a long time now, they are a great tyre but dont live a long life on the rear so this will be interesting to see milage wise
cheers & beers
paul
[Image: 583b3abf-1.jpg]
(29-12-2009, 08:19pm)black13 Wrote: put my 1st avon st on the back,& have to say they feel good for my style of riding ,if i get the mileage that your getting max, after seeing you ride i will be very pleased. Ive used the metzler m3s for a long time now, they are a great tyre but dont live a long life on the rear so this will be interesting to see milage wise
cheers & beers
paul

lol Paul, Les gets 14k out of his, I'm getting 10k out of my rear, you'll be in the middle there somewhere mate. Excllent tyre. Better handling for me with the 180 rather than the 190, gives a little better tip in.

Cheers
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Its popular in the USA too.Not popular in my local market.Cause we are too spoilt for choices
I'm trusting you guys on this one.....
getting a set fitted tomorrow.....
so if i crash in the next 6 months>>>>ya know i'm gonna be blamin' u guys !!! Lol3

Coolsmiley
(07-01-2010, 06:22pm)bazman Wrote: I'm trusting you guys on this one.....
getting a set fitted tomorrow.....
so if i crash in the next 6 months>>>>ya know i'm gonna be blamin' u guys !!! Lol3

Coolsmiley

Baz, if you fall of it will be because only one of them was toucning the ground .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
i have now done 9,300ks on my storms,
just on the wear mark now,but still the back tyre has not sliped at all,
i should get my 10,000ks out of them,and that is with my wife on the back about 20% of the time.
the front still has a good 50% left,but stuff the cost it will get replaced
with the back,
the new pirellis angels st look good as well,i know someone who has done 3000ks so far and feel great,he had the storms on before and loved them, he recons the angels are so far just as good if not better and around the same price.
i might give these a go next,i just hope my mate is slack and hasent orderd my avons yet. Pi_thumbsup
born to be mild
I had my 4th set of Storm ST's fitted up today.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)