Avon Storm-ST Tyres
Got a shade less than 5k out of my last rear Viper and a little over 7 out of the front.
f*&^ing Avon have decided to supercede the Viper with a newer sticky tyre, they just haven't produced them yet!!! Leaves the Viper Riders in the lurch!
Fitted front and back Storms for the ride down and back. Going to be hot so a harder wearing tyre will be better I think. Fire resistant? Only time will tell!

MaxAustralia2BikerAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Hey Max,

Let me know what you think of them after your spirited riding.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Busdriver Wrote:Hey Max,

Just got home from the Island.

The Storms went excellently. Boring old ride down the highway as I had a passenger at short notice, came back up by way of bairnsdale and Cann Rivcer, did some fast stuff, tyres stuck to the road really well. Might have to formally adopt them until the new VP2 get here!

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Welcome back! Who did you end up with on the back?
Michelle, a mate from Brissy who was riding down with me. She got as far as Sydney and had the Kwacka just stop on her at James Ruse Drive lights. Turned out to be a charging problem so she asked if I would take her down on the Hayabusa.
We had a pretty good time, her boots scratched the shit out of the paint on the tail section, gotta get a quote tomorrow - shit happens, she's going tp fix it.
I wouldn't do it again, riders don't make very good pillions unfortuntely but it got her out of strife and to the Island.

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Got my self a set today first inpresion seem fine with give them a good run tomorow but should be ok for my steady as she goes riding
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Busdriver Wrote:Hey Max,

The Storm's are going great guns. Had a little slide the other day but the road was cold as were the tyres.
I`ve done 2500 on my rear tyre so far, on all sorts of roads & conditions and am very satisfied.Will definately go the Storm front or the replacement for the Viper if available when required.Does anyone know when the VP2 will become available?
'The more professional you are, the closer you get to your client' Leon.

busacrankin Wrote:I`ve done 2500 on my rear tyre so far, on all sorts of roads & conditions and am very satisfied.Will definately go the Storm front or the replacement for the Viper if available when required.Does anyone know when the VP2 will become available?

There's an advertisement for the VP2 in the new "Rapid" I'm interested to see how well the Storm wears as I was out of Viper by the time I got 5k. The storm is supposedly a fair bit harder.
Madmax Wrote:
busacrankin Wrote:I`ve done 2500 on my rear tyre so far, on all sorts of roads & conditions and am very satisfied.Will definately go the Storm front or the replacement for the Viper if available when required.Does anyone know when the VP2 will become available?

There's an advertisement for the VP2 in the new "Rapid" I'm interested to see how well the Storm wears as I was out of Viper by the time I got 5k. The storm is supposedly a fair bit harder.

Thanks Max will do some digging about the VP2. Busacrankin

Busdriver Wrote:Just fitted up a set of the new Avon Storm ST (sport-touring) tyres onto the Bus.

I must say I am very impressed. Trophy The HPXs, even when new never felt as good as these Storms do.

For those running Super Corsas, or Vipers (yes you Max), they may not be as good as them. But if your looking for longer mileage, the Storms are supposed to provide it.

The bus feels nice and stable in a straight line. I'm having so much fun in corners again. I have found them to be "confidence inspiring."Pi_thumbsup

According to the research I've done on rider's sites they are supposed to be very good in the wet as well.

I'll keep you all posted on the wear, but I'm expecting 10K or more from the back alone. Running 42psi front and rear (Avon recommended).

Hey Guys Gidday
I have the original battalax tyres on my K9 AND THE REAR IS ALREADY BALD at only 4800kms..I give my bike some stick but i am really dissapointed at the low kms! The front still appears to have another cuple of 1000 kms in it..Is this normal wear or just the way i ride?
Cheers
Yeah Scilachi, it is normal on most of these bikes as you`ll read in the different tyre threads. Now you need to pick your donut of choice.

Been on Bridgestone 021 (front) and 020 (rear) since my last change. Now at 17500 k's and the front is scalloped!! Rear still looks good but bald on the middle.

Anyone know of a supplier for the Avon's in Melbourne? and please dont say Dynoverks........
Hey Nighthawk, follow this link & it will give you the Victorian Dealers for Avon; http://www.proaccessories.com.au/dealers/Victoria.htm

Thanks for the link busacrankin...tried making a couple of phone calls to get some fitted....but being easter weekend....everyone was shut!! have to sort them out next week.