Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Sydney - Barrista, Beer, Babes 'n Bull Meetings - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Riding - Not Talking (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sydney - Barrista, Beer, Babes 'n Bull Meetings (/showthread.php?tid=1047)

Re: Parra - 1hotBUSA - 04-08-2005

Dj old Pal,

That would involve riding the Hayabusa. I hear that's not the done thing in Victoria

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!<i></i>

Re: Parra - simmo - 04-08-2005

&
Groupies Stripper what next
& Pan don't forget the latex gloves
You'll never never Know if you don't go Cheers Robert
<i></i>

Re: Parra on the 17th - pan - 07-08-2005

Let's do coffee on Wednesday the 17th. I should have both wheels shining buy then.
"sometimes, crime does pay"
<i></i>

Re: Parra on the 17th - 1hotBUSA - 08-08-2005

OK, We need to have a minutes silence for the mirror!!!! We need a bugler for the last post and 4 soldiers resting on arms reversed. Bit of an overkill for a mirror I THINK NOT!!!!! (Knocking it off with 400kg of motorbike......That's overkill)

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA

Re: Parra on the 17th - pan - 09-08-2005

My gears are still abit sticky. Can someone remind me to have a chat on the 17th about greasing-up or cleaning stuff to make them smoother?
<i></i>

Re: Parra on the 17th - 1hotBUSA - 10-08-2005

Hi Pan.

I had a look at your shift linkage the last coffee night, there's nothing wrong with it externally. If you have stiff shifting the first thing will be to try an oil change. Maybe an oil additive as well. Ray will probably scream militec, it's up to you. You may want to try a full synthetic oil in the beast. Also, go for a loooooooooooong ride. A lot of your commuting wont be helping it.

As far as greasing of linkages are concerned, usually every 3 years I pull everything out and grease it, that's rear shock linkages, swingarm, steeering head bearings etc. Every 6 months I do the pivots, which are things like gear shift linkage, pegs, brake handles, mirror flex joint etc Wheel bearings are sealed, by the time they need greasing, you need a new set.

See you on the 17th. I will proabably take you up on that offer of the mirror. I will need something until I get the bike all repaired.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA

Re: Parra on the 17th - pan - 10-08-2005

Thanks for that advice Graham.

I will bring that spare mirror. It may not be a perfect fit though. Did I mention it's off my Volvo?
<i></i>

Parra on the 17th - 01BUSA - 10-08-2005

17th will be there to see volvo mirror on bus <i></i>

Re: Parra on the 17th - simmo - 11-08-2005

I'll be there with both my mirrors on the Bus
and i bring my spare bath room mirror for Graham
Look a bike with two mirrors

Cheers Robert
<i></i>

Re: Parra on the 17th - Blackzook - 11-08-2005

Dont bother Rob he will only look at himself in both.

Bruce <i></i>

Re: Parra on the 17th - BUSGO - 11-08-2005

Hi guys,
I mentioned in another thread about a Car, Hotrod and bike show at Tomago on the 21st August.
Let me know if anybody is interested in coming up for a look or entering.
Tomago is just over the Hunter river at Hexham. There is a licenced club at the venue and should be plenty of groupies.

Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>

Re: Parra on the 17th - simmo - 12-08-2005

Hi Bruce your right, hows the new bling bling wheels havn't seen the in members pics yet
Ray i would love to head north but i have to say in town (Sydney) that weekend.
Cheers Robert
<i></i>

Re: Parra on the 17th - pan - 12-08-2005

I'm out too Ray. Eels are playing the dragons that day...
<i></i>

Re: Parra on the 17th - Blackzook - 12-08-2005

Ray,
Thats a kid weekend so cant go.
Simmo,
No photos yet as Im still waiting for the carbon gear to arrive from the states and the nickeled bits to come back from Melbourne.

Bruce <i></i>

Re: Parra on the 17th - 1hotBUSA - 13-08-2005

Thanks for the vanity mirror jelly wrestler!!! Hope those bling bling parts look good on the bike. Simmo, didnt you know that 1 and a half mirrors was the latest look on the Hayabusa. It's a retro thing, along with the crap brakes, although I must say my brakes worked pretty well, it was the other guys which posed the problem.

It's only two bolts guys, take off your left hand mirror before you come to latte night this Wednesay.

And......GO THE BLAAAAAACKS!!!!

Sepaking of bathroom mirrors, are there any left in your house, every time you shave in the morning you'd smash the thing Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!<i>Edited by: 1hotBUSA&nbsp; at: 13/8/05 19:06
</i>