Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Sydney - Barrista, Beer, Babes 'n Bull Meetings - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Riding - Not Talking (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sydney - Barrista, Beer, Babes 'n Bull Meetings (/showthread.php?tid=1047)

Back in the sunny North. - 1hotBUSA - 03-06-2005

Well, I'm back.

It was great to meet up with the Melbourne inhabitants, I hope your parole comes through soon and you all get to come north where we ride the things, and we aint afraid to let a bit of water fall on the things rather than rushing out and trying to push the bike into the cafe!!!

The AVIS rental was a real piece of shit, leaked like a sieve, and to boot I found that the bloody rear tyres were slicks, which turned me around a couple of times when powering out of corners. I dragged a bloke in a Polish Holden (Astra) and dare I say it the POS Commodore was struggling. The pathetic excuse of nailing an engine that was stone cold was used but to no avail. (I even had the smell of sad motor to prove it) Why oh Why do we persist in buying these Falcodoores. If we voted with our feet they would fix the things.

At least the weather was nice in Melbourne....NOT!!! Now my company wants me to go to Adelaide again, the rear hugger is shitting bricks and I'm in the dog box. I guess no nobby tonight for the hotbus.

See you all soon.

Graham

<i></i>

Unknown - Unknown - 03-06-2005

(This post is missing and can not be restored) <i></i>

Re: Back in the sunny North. - pan - 03-06-2005

Welcome back Graham.
When are we all meeting at Parra again?
When are we all going to EC Drags again?
Any dates projected at this stage?
"sometimes, crime does pay"
<i></i>

Re: Back in the sunny North. - simmo - 06-06-2005

Doing the Oxley thing weekend after next to busy for me at this stage.
Pan do you have your bike back yet
Look at the new emoticons
WLF Cheers Robert
<i></i>

Re: Back in the sunny North. - AstroBusa - 06-06-2005

Sorry pan... can't make it this week...

If you want to do a night ride, why not pop up to the Road Warriors Cafe on Tuesday night ? Regards.... Rob (Astro)<i></i>

Re: Back in the sunny North. - pan - 07-06-2005

No bike yet. I rang Mototech and they said they're waiting for approval by QBE (4 weeks later!!!!)

I rang QBE and they said they posted me a form on 08/05/05, which has not yet arrived!!!!

QBE said they'd fax me one today. I just got home and nothing's in the fax tray!!!!!

Gonna ring them and give them a blast tomorrow again...
The Volvo's going great though...
<i></i>

Re: Back in the sunny North. - AstroBusa - 08-06-2005

Ewww.... QBE seems a bit slack. I'm still with them - but thinking about trying Arista next time. Regards.... Rob (Astro)<i></i>

Re: Back in the sunny North. - pan - 09-06-2005

Spoke to the insurer who insisted they mailed a claim form and faxed a claim form, even though post office said it wasn't there and fax machine had not received it (PO Box had plenty of other mail and fax received at least 5 other faxes...)

Finally, after I complained, they emailed me a form (it took them 2 goes at it as the guy stuffed up the email address the first time). Now it's printed, completed and faxed back to them.

No bike for 4.5 weeks, and claim hasn't even been processed yet!!! Let's see how long it takes...
<i></i>

Re: Back in the sunny North. - simmo - 09-06-2005

It sucks
now get back to work i see you Cheers Robert
<i></i>

The pot calling the kettle black - pan - 09-06-2005

Hi Simmo. I am working... on my typing

What are you doing? If you're bored I can give you a call... (quiet day in the office)
<i></i>

Re: The pot calling the kettle black - simmo - 09-06-2005

I'm typing on my working
Love these new thingies

Cheers Robert
<i></i>

Re: The pot calling the kettle black - pan - 09-06-2005

Yeh, I like them too...
Hey look, it's Franko...

<i></i>

insurers - Blackzook - 09-06-2005

I know the feeling mate. I waited 10 weeks for mine, although it was the bike shop dragging the chain. The Arista asessor approved the repairs straight away.

Saw your bike at motortec a week or so ago when I trailered my mates K5 GSXR to the shop. He dumped it with 900k's on the clock. <i></i>

Re: insurers - pan - 10-06-2005

Did it look like about $7000 worth of damage?
I can't believe it. It looked like it only fell over and slid about 5 metres down a slight hill. Engine wasn't even running.
<i></i>

Re: insurers - simmo - 11-06-2005

4 & 1/2 weeks of nothing,
three cheers for the insurance co
i bet if it was there car or bike it would be a different story
i
Cheers Robert
<i></i>