Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Question on cans? - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: Question on cans? (/showthread.php?tid=5961)

Pages: 1 2

Question on cans? - rocket rod 7777 - 03-02-2003

Hi,i'm thinking of buying a set of cans for the busa.I think i might get a pair of megacycle alloy cans. I know a few guys in the club have them fitted could someone download a pic of theirs....later Rod

Re: Question on cans? - demeester - 03-02-2003

Some piccies for ya...

Re: Question on cans? - demeester - 03-02-2003

Ignore the first few - pre cans.

Re: Question on cans. - rocket rod 7777 - 03-02-2003

Thanx for the pix Richard, they look . Does it have a nice note and did you have to re map? Rod

Re: Question on cans. - demeester - 03-02-2003

The note is sweeeet, (but predicably, as it is not a system, it is not the MOST beautiful sounding busa).

It was remapped soon after pipes went on - don't know if it was necessary or not, but consesus is that it should be done.

Re: Question on cans? - ac boosa - 03-02-2003

We have the same plate - but mine is 80OSA!!

cans? - gforce1300 - 03-02-2003

Why buy cans when u can get a 4-in to 1.the standard busas headers look shit,old black headers,and once they get dirty they stain plus there soooo heavy,get yourself a yoshi,lighter,more power,and looks heaps better :

RE:Cans - rocket rod 7777 - 04-02-2003

The reason i dont want a yoshi 4 into 1 is 1 they are too expensive 2 i want to keep my center stand on and 3 i want to support local business.You say the std headers look shit but you can hardly see them under the fairing and as far as weight goes i think the busa has enough power to pull its weight.....later Rod.

Re: RE:Cans - rai1300 - 04-02-2003

Have had a set of Megacycle cans just on 4000km's. The bike actually runs better with the new cans on. Still have not had the bike serviced or re-mapped. Goes hard enough for me and am more than happy :

aftermarket cans - peter altas - 05-02-2003

have considered a full yoshi but dont want a 4 into 1. Want to keep the twin exhaust setup. The chunky looking rear adds to the bulk of the bike and one of the qualities i liked in the first place. The bike has heaps of power, so it comes second to the cosmetic appearance, but in saying that, any extra power i can squeeze out will be welcomed.

I've heard alot of good things about Remus slip-ons. Does anyone know the price for a pair (in either carbon or stainless/titanium). My bike's black/silver so carbon would look good and I had a stainless megacycle on my cbr250, and it was a real pain to keep clean. So I guess carbon is preffered.

Does Remus, or anyone else, make a full system as a 4 into 2? Anyone got pics/prices?

What's done in the air intake mod everyone talks about??

CANS - rocket rod 7777 - 05-02-2003

i was looking through previous discussions and on page15 then click on the fast bikes subject, then click on page1 there is a pic of the rear end of a bussa with these high swept tucked in cans.They are so cool Does anybody know where i can get a set of cans like these........later Rod

Re: CANS - demeester - 05-02-2003

Are they the devil cans? Haven't seen 'em here in Aus (which doesn't mean they're not, of course). You might have to import them, or see if a local mob (such as Megacycle, and some other local brands which slip my mind at the moment because I forget their names because I don't have them fitted) can make them on request.

cans - Heidi1 - 06-02-2003

I've heard very good things about Roo Racing out of WA. Still haven't seen the pipes, but people appear to swear by them.

HEIDI xxx

CANS - rocket rod 7777 - 06-02-2003

Heidi,if you want to see roo racing pipes just get onto their website,they have piccies.I e-mailed them to see if they can make a set of high risers.Waiting to here back....Later Rod

URL? - Heidi1 - 06-02-2003

Got a URL for them? I still can't find em.