Hayabusas at Phillip island 15th October
Ha ha ha!

What a trip, 12 started with 10 bikes. Three Ducati started, one didn't make it, another one's in for a warranty claim with a failed suspension, one was magnificent and a bike (and rider) I couldn't catch (yes a 1098, but with a 13 litre tank he couldn't get away, we decided if we wanted to wait for him frequently at fuel stations). Four Busas started, all of course made it! The photo below shows a few of the bikes, my blue busa is next to my mates orange 2009...

One triumph decided to self lubricate the back chain by loosening its oil filler cap and spewing oil on its rear tyre. Could have been bad, but spotted in a service station before any major trouble!

Scariest was the moment a tourist rubbernecking at a view down a mountain lost control. The van in the photo was going "down" the hill, hit the gravel, did a 180 degree spin and parked as you see it facing the other way. All right in front of my mate in front of me. He was lucky he wasn't overtaking (he was most of the time).

We went from lavers hill down to Apollo Bay... supurb! But a bicycle race was in progress from Lorne and it was first gear and on the clutch. The 1098 wasn't happy so we sidetracked a long way and got to the ferry to take us to Sorrento. Speed wasn't a problem all the way, no cameras we say anyway. Trouble was six police bikes on the ferry with us. To go or go slow... we decided to refuel and go!

Terrific trip, did anyone see the "globe of death" at the island? Ripper!

Sorry I couldn't get to cows to say hi in person on Sat night. Some serious drinking was taking place after qualifying!

TonyAAA
One twist of the wrist at a time...
(19-10-2011, 09:44am)Vellaterra Wrote:
(19-10-2011, 09:12am)bazman Wrote:
(19-10-2011, 07:40am)Vellaterra Wrote: Just got back last nght. Pics to come soon!

Heya Steve, missed ya at Kilcunda Pub on the way down to PI on Thursday (we were running very, VERY late....didn't get to the Island till about 8:30pm).....but I think I did catch up to you and ur mates on the run home yesterday arvo (just south of Orbost, I think?!?).....does ur rego plate read: _US-16???
If it does, then we definately had a run together (2-tone black busa with big white kanji's)

Coolsmiley

Sorry Bazman, Not me. I left Bright yesterday morning at 8:30 and rode via Corryong, Tumut Ponds, Cubramarra, Elliots Way, Batlow, Filled up at Gundagai, rode non stop to Caltex servo at Thornleigh, then a quick sprint up the F3 to home. 1000Ks on the Bussa, 400 of those on the non stop ride. Can only be done on a Bussa.

The last two days were the best from Bairnsdale to Gundagi, The best touring of the trip.

That was me. Stopped at Cann river but u were gone.
(19-10-2011, 07:52pm)Busa Boy Wrote:
(19-10-2011, 07:40am)Vellaterra Wrote: Just got back last nght. Pics to come soon!

Heya Steve, missed ya at Kilcunda Pub on the way down to PI on Thursday (we were running very, VERY late....didn't get to the Island till about 8:30pm).....but I think I did catch up to you and ur mates on the run home yesterday arvo (just south of Orbost, I think?!?).....does ur rego plate read: _US-16???
If it does, then we definately had a run together (2-tone black busa with big white kanji's)

Coolsmiley

Sorry Bazman, Not me. I left Bright yesterday morning at 8:30 and rode via Corryong, Tumut Ponds, Cubramarra, Elliots Way, Batlow, Filled up at Gundagai, rode non stop to Caltex servo at Thornleigh, then a quick sprint up the F3 to home. 1000Ks on the Bussa, 400 of those on the non stop ride. Can only be done on a Bussa.

The last two days were the best from Bairnsdale to Gundagi, The best touring of the trip.

Ahhhhh.....yeah, I slowed up, pulled in and rode straight thru at the Shell across from the pub at C/River....was lookin' for a mate on his blackbitch that I thought was running in front of me (...turns out that he was WAY behind me)! That was a good little run thru that section, Busa Boy, I hope there was no sneaky Police hiding in the bushes with camera's...was lookin' but didn't see any?!? Btw....where was braddo?!? I saw that group u were riding in had a few other makes & models, but I didn't see the gold & black?!? Good to meet both of you guys at Euphoria on Sat night too!! Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley
(20-10-2011, 12:20pm)bazman Wrote:
(19-10-2011, 07:52pm)Busa Boy Wrote:

Coolsmiley

Ahhhhh.....yeah, I slowed up, pulled in and rode straight thru at the Shell across from the pub at C/River....was lookin' for a mate on his blackbitch that I thought was running in front of me (...turns out that he was WAY behind me)! That was a good little run thru that section, Busa Boy, I hope there was no sneaky Police hiding in the bushes with camera's...was lookin' but didn't see any?!? Btw....where was braddo?!? I saw that group u were riding in had a few other makes & models, but I didn't see the gold & black?!? Good to meet both of you guys at Euphoria on Sat night too!! Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley

The only cops I saw were the ones we were warned about, flashing lights from cars! Had to wait for the wife at Cann River. Braddo's tent got damaged Sunday arvo so he got the shits & went to a motel. He went home up thru the mountains via Wagga we took the coast route. Braddo's all booked up for next year - NOT!!!
Yeah, you guys are brave camping down there....that weather is juz TOO damn fickle for me these days!!
Was a great w/end but....lots of good racing, some big spills (shame Lorenzo can't "high five" anyone anymorePi_freak)!!!

Stoner taking his 5th consecutive win at the Island and the title as well was juz the icing on the cake!! ClapTrophyClap

Roll on WSB w/end!!!! Yes

Coolsmiley