ducati 1098s
My brother informs me the r will be 1198cc for the new world superbike rules.So 170+hp at the tyre looks likely and they apparently have priced them 5 grand cheaper than the 999r.
Had a look at some yesterday. was told all the 1098's on the floor were all sold and all 2007 are sold, WTF? what do the buyers know that I dont?

asked about R salesman didnt know what I was talking about.

I will have to test ride one, one day and see what the fuss is all about.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
you know I dont mind the looks at all - but if I paid out that much for a bike & the clutch made those sounds - I'd be saying its broken! :( pitty coz other wise I might wanna buy one :)
latest AMCN ducati having huge whinge about how they dont make a thousand cc bike anmore and how WSBK is a series where you "You race what you sell" then in the next sentence they say that the race bike wont have the engine from the 1098. WTF tell em to get nicked, we dont want to go back to the "ducati cup".

not to rag a duke tho, had a ride on a 999 while back. seriously fast and so razor sharp, just not my thing
Just mtcw,
Tom
Guy at work says he is getting a 1098. Don't know wtf for. He hardly ever rides his SP1 but tells us all how good it is................on the Cotter loop. Be buggered going to Sydney, too uncomfortable going that sort of distance he says.

Are Dukes comfortable on the long haul?

(currently under my desk waiting for the incoming rounds)
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Well i like em, Have basically just got it home and am going for a good blat tomorrow.:) Drool
A couple of pics
[Image: IMG_3079.jpg?t=1177135977]
[Image: IMG_3078.jpg?t=1177136077]
[Image: IMG_3075.jpg?t=1177136154]

If i keep them together it might lead to some interesting looking offspring:lol:

Dave.
nice toys, is this your first duc? and im interested in knowing why you chose one to have alongside the bus.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
what a pretty pair Duc. Slim and nimble along with obese and lazy

Dont park the 1098 to close to the busa in case fat and lazy rubs off.'
I see on the floor that you have problems turning the busa around in the shed.
Volvi Wrote:nice toys, is this your first duc? and im interested in knowing why you chose one to have alongside the bus.

Volvi- its my first modern day duc but i've had a bevel in the past.
Why have it alongside the bus? Why not i spose, i've always lusted after the dukes and liked the 916-998 style but the 999 look never grew on me, as soon as i saw the 1098 i'd made my mind up.
I think they will compliment each other , the bus for the longer runs and 2 up duty and the duc for weekend blasts.

Dave.
BLACKZOOK Wrote:I see on the floor that you have problems turning the busa around in the shed.

Well spotted ZookCoolsmiley
Two of the best colour combos too by the way.
Red/black and Black/grey.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~5~id~...~pid~1.htm
good lookin' pair
1 best handler
2 top end flyer
it didn't take ducati long to see that the 999 was ugly
also the exhaust twin pipe looks shit hot
i will be riding one shortly as soon as they have a demo.......
looks like they r all getting sold as soon as they arrive....
so wally lee were's mine