Ride to the stars
i'm in for it let me know who else is riding up/ back
for it. i propose we meet at shell servo @port melbourne (west bound on the westgate fwy) in the afternoon for the ride up, diner, star wars exhibition and ride home Biker

louwaii please post your mobile number and a map
After arriving in Ballarat, we head to the west side of town & we find Cargnham-Ballarat Rd.
Head out along this road until you arrive in Carngham.
Just as you hit the outskirts there's Carngham-Lynton Rd on yur left.
Turn here.
This road will take you straight into the middle of Snake Valley town.

Go a couple of hundred meters past the pub & turn.

NOW, this is where the decisions are made.
If we only get a few people with no overnighters we'll go to the usual club meeting place (the local sports ground). Which is a right turn at the pub.
OR
If we get 10 or more staying, then we will use the SV Camp which is a left turn at the pub.

What I usually do at the Sports ground is look up until about 3am, get a few hrs sleep in the club room on the couch & then head home in the morning. (there are only 2 couches)

Here's a high level map.
It's approx 25mins from Ballarat to SV.
My mob is 0409 477 014 or BH 8805 5233
[attachment=1155]
OK all, I have another option for those who may be interested.

Up at Snake Valley they are having the annual Snake Valley Astronomy Camp. It's on from 9th to 13th Nov.
For any of you that are really interested in checking out the stars, this would be a great opportunity. Check out this thread about it on the astronomy site. http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showt...559&page=2

There will be people from all over attending, (1 or 2 from overseas) & all are very friendly. There will be a huge number of different size scopes there & everybody there will be more than willing to answer questions & let the novices look through their scopes. (just be careful, some scopes are worth a SHITLOAD) My baby has cost me $12k so far & it doesn't come close to some of the die-hards.

THe SV Camp is over 4 days but anyone can visit at any time. I'm guessing Saturday night will be pretty popular, with both scope owners who can only make it on Sat night (like me) & visitors who just want to have a look, (like you).

To be honest I think this would actually be a much better option than my first sugestion, as there will be so many more & LARGER scopes for you all to look through.

Just to give you an idea of the difference between scope sizes, check out this link. It's nothing spectacular but is a good indicator.
This is looking at a star cluster through different size scopes. The image on the left is through an 8" scope (what I have). It gets better from there. There will certainly be some large scopes at the SV Camp.
http://www.obsessiontelescopes.com/m13/index.html

A bunch of BUSA's parked at the SV Camp would certainly create a talking point.

Let me know your thoughts.
I am very keen on this one but I would have to go on a Fri night or Sun as I would be working on the Sat night.
I'de like to bring my daughter too if possible...she's 9.
Friday or Sunday night wouldn't be a problem Pete. The SV camp goes for 4 days.
Check out the thread I posted above. You can book a spot to sleep & head back the next morning, or head back the same night.
I'd be able to head up Friday night, but not Sunday.
I'll definately be there Saturday night.
This mite be a silly ? but why are you going up in september when mars will be as close to earth as it ever will be in our life time on 27th August
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
i'm still interested in coming. hopefully we can all go together Fatman
ahhh but Rod...if we go then when will miss seeing your anus!
Hey pete,
don't get too close to rod Scary
He Anthony how did you get that picture of me anyway Undecided

I will see how im holding up and might make a day trip of it with you
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
BUSA-RO Wrote:He Anthony how did you get that picture of me anyway Undecided

I will see how im holding up and might make a day trip of it with you

i hope your fit soon and can come YesYes
it was great to catch up last week Pi_thumbsup
well maybe we can all go in the car (better for u me thinks Rod!!!) since I will bring my 9yo girl.
Then we can hear all the way there..."Are weeee there yet?" lol
BUSA-RO Wrote:This mite be a silly ? but why are you going up in september when mars will be as close to earth as it ever will be in our life time on 27th August

Sorry Rod, That's a crock of shit. You've seen the photo I took of the moon. In my telescope Mars is just a little red spot in the sky.
If Mars ever gets close enough to the earth that it's as big as the moon, don't bother to run for the hills, the whole flamin earth will be gone.......

No cloudes tonight. Fatman Have been outside since I got home from work.
Like i said louwai,your into some sick shit lol
Beer
Bugger bryan i even marked my calender for that Undecided
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com