SYDNEY: "Official Hayabusa 10th Anniversary track day" Eastern Creek, Saturday 12th of Sept 2009
Onya Loafus, good to catch up with you again.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
would love to give it a try if you start at beginers can you change later in the day when you feel more conferdent
(07-07-2009, 09:51pm)pan Wrote:
(07-07-2009, 08:38pm)kawasuki Wrote: might of ment 1.49's I had a superbike rider on my bike and he did a 1.46
but my one is not stock. But a 1.40 , tell him he's dreamin.

You're not too slow on your bike yourself Kawa. I was running 2 minutes flat and you were going past me like I was standing still! I still think I can go quicker though... just need to shed some weight off the bike... Coolsmiley

So, you comin?

WEIGHT... me to , but not off the bike.Pi_thumbsup
(09-07-2009, 10:39pm)mr mick Wrote: would love to give it a try if you start at beginers can you change later in the day when you feel more conferdent

More than likely Mick. A lot of people disapear after lunch, so there are always spots available to change if you want to...
(09-07-2009, 10:39pm)mr mick Wrote: would love to give it a try if you start at beginers can you change later in the day when you feel more conferdent

You may even find experienced idiots on 1K track bikes, trying to impress the learners in beginers group by carving them up. Its a big circuit with plenty of overtaking opportunities, youll be ok.
"par excellence"
Right Im in.
The mighty mighty Aprillia RS250 has been running reasonably well since I got it but I always had trouble getting on the power smoothly comming out of corners. When you hit the throttle it bogged down and then surged forward making it really hard to ride smoothly. This was made worse when I put the expansion chambers on.
Last week I took the Aprillia down to Motorcycle Weaponry (my first time there) to have it dyno'd and the jetting set. My first time there and I was impressed by their quiet spoken manner no bullshit approach. Told em no rush just go over the whole thing and get it right, squeeze it in between their other work, I'll pick it up in two weeks.

One week later I got a call apologising for taking so long and an assurance that it would be ready for next week, I had told em two weeks anyway. Wednesday this week I get a call just to give me an update, power valves badly adjusted, throttle cable frayed, choke not adjusted, jetting WAY WAY out. They asked me what I wanted done and how much I wanted to spend. Incredible service.

Picked the bike up today and they went thru every detail and gave me ideas of what else needed going over that I could do myself. Incredible service I would highly recommend them to anyone and I will be taking my busa there for its next dyno run.

Final result -
Original dyno run air fuel was massively lean at 15:1 and she topped out at 42.5hp at the back wheel.

6 jetting changes and dyno runs later the final reading was 58.5 hp with a perfect a/f ratio a 16.5 hp increase!!!

OK guys on this busa trackday would you please not be selfish on the straights, when you hear the ring - ding behind you please move you fat assed busa's to the side so a faster accelerating bike can overtakePi_tongue

This thing is gunna be awsomeScary
And thats the stingiest dyno i know of.
Booked & paid . Group B. Be an L plater on this track.
Hi guys. I mentioned it on the first post, but you can get a discount through RATS... just need to PM me first... Pi_thumbsup

Bruce, Arthur, what group?
(10-07-2009, 05:53pm)spamanglenn Wrote: And thats the stingiest dyno i know of.

Its funny mate I was more exited when the two stroke hit 58hp than I was when the turbo busa hit 400.Lol3 I will ask if I can take both out on the day, it would be interesting to see how the turbo busa goes on th track. I wont be fast, be too scared of crashing it to go fast but it will be fun wheelspinning half way down the straight.
(10-07-2009, 07:24pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote: Its funny mate I was more exited when the two stroke hit 58hp than I was when the turbo busa hit 400.Lol3 I will ask if I can take both out on the day, it would be interesting to see how the turbo busa goes on th track. I wont be fast, be too scared of crashing it to go fast but it will be fun wheelspinning half way down the straight.

I'll ride it for ya! Yes

(hyperventilating... "Deep breaths, Pan, deeeeeep breaths...")
(10-07-2009, 07:24pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote:
(10-07-2009, 05:53pm)spamanglenn Wrote: And thats the stingiest dyno i know of.

Its funny mate I was more exited when the two stroke hit 58hp than I was when the turbo busa hit 400.Lol3 I will ask if I can take both out on the day, it would be interesting to see how the turbo busa goes on th track. I wont be fast, be too scared of crashing it to go fast but it will be fun wheelspinning half way down the straight.
A big smokin tail out drift through turn 1 would be cool to watch,One handed of course,lol.
No traction control 400hp cranked over hmmmm sure you know what your getting yourselves into.
"par excellence"
(11-07-2009, 08:57pm)Gnarbunkle99 Wrote: No traction control 400hp cranked over hmmmm sure you know what your getting yourselves into.

It only accelerates as fast as you twist the (quick action) throttle.

Pan I saw your post on RATS I'll bring all three bikes along and if you lke you can do a session on each.
Paid and booked in