Is it OK for a grown man to cry?
I started crying on Saturday and still haven't stopped. I had a very traumatic experience with my baby. I was trying to be so careful and was putting her down ever so gently when I accidentally let her go. I tried with all my might to catch her, but I just wasn't fast enough. She has a few scratches and grazes, but luckily no fractures or breakages.

That'll be the last time I try and get my Busa down off an Anderson Stand by myself after oiling the chain. Might have to get one of those auto oiling thingy-me-jigs.

Yours in sadness,

Michael
WTF.....
When getting my 'busa on and off the race stands, I first put an old 50mm thick concrete paver under the side stand to get the bike
standing more vertical. Makes it 10 times easier and no probs at all with one person doing it.
(07-11-2011, 03:41pm)BikerBoy Wrote: When getting my 'busa on and off the race stands, I first put an old 50mm thick concrete paver under the side stand to get the bike
standing more vertical. Makes it 10 times easier and no probs at all with one person doing it.
same here got a block of wood.does not lean so far.

Don't know about crying mate but ,You should give yourself a kick in the arse . I'd be pretty pissed at Myself .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Pull to the left and you cant go wrong now wake up to your self and put your nuts in a vise Scary
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
yep, i nearly did when this bitch ran me off the road last year. . .

the next worst scenario i could think of, would be when you sell her...and seeing the grin of the lucky bastard that rides off with her
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
When I bring mine off my pitbull stand, I always let the rear wheel touch while still holding pressure on stand to hold it up. Then swiftly pull stand out after its settled and hold the side with my hand and hip as it gently falls onto my knotched stand that I've knotched a fair bit and would trust with my life. Oh yeah, I always check the fronts straight to... Never a prob.
(07-11-2011, 07:04pm)BJK1 Wrote: When I bring mine off my pitbull stand, I always let the rear wheel touch while still holding pressure on stand to hold it up. Then swiftly pull stand out after its settled and hold the side with my hand and hip as it gently falls onto my knotched stand that I've knotched a fair bit and would trust with my life. Oh yeah, I always check the fronts straight to... Never a prob.
Just put a centre stand on her. Makes life soooo much easier! I still use the paddock stand to take the wheel off, but to release the paddock stand, just ease it down until the centre stand grips. No more rash, no more worries! - and you can chrome it!!! (the centre stand that is)SmittenSmittenSmitten

(07-11-2011, 03:26pm)Bundybusa Wrote: I started crying on Saturday and still haven't stopped. I had a very traumatic experience with my baby. I was trying to be so careful and was putting her down ever so gently when I accidentally let her go. I tried with all my might to catch her, but I just wasn't fast enough. She has a few scratches and grazes, but luckily no fractures or breakages.

That'll be the last time I try and get my Busa down off an Anderson Stand by myself after oiling the chain. Might have to get one of those auto oiling thingy-me-jigs.

Yours in sadness,

Michael

Your crying because you dropped your bike? shit mate what will you be like in a real traumatic event.

What is the bike community coming to Frown

Jim

(07-11-2011, 07:46pm)Madmax Wrote:
(07-11-2011, 07:04pm)BJK1 Wrote: When I bring mine off my pitbull stand, I always let the rear wheel touch while still holding pressure on stand to hold it up. Then swiftly pull stand out after its settled and hold the side with my hand and hip as it gently falls onto my knotched stand that I've knotched a fair bit and would trust with my life. Oh yeah, I always check the fronts straight to... Never a prob.
Just put a centre stand on her. Makes life soooo much easier! I still use the paddock stand to take the wheel off, but to release the paddock stand, just ease it down until the centre stand grips. No more rash, no more worries! - and you can chrome it!!! (the centre stand that is)SmittenSmittenSmitten

On a Genll? You could ent oldafy it even if you wanted to could you? I'll leave that for my 14 thanks. Maybe when I retire... Lol

No offence.
(07-11-2011, 03:26pm)Bundybusa Wrote: I started crying on Saturday and still haven't stopped. I had a very traumatic experience with my baby. I was trying to be so careful and was putting her down ever so gently when I accidentally let her go. I tried with all my might to catch her, but I just wasn't fast enough. She has a few scratches and grazes, but luckily no fractures or breakages.

Yours in sadness,

Michael

Yeah I have Pro-oilers on Bus and Storm plus on my sons street triple best thing since sliced bread dunno why they do not come standard
http://www.pro-oiler.net/

(07-11-2011, 08:43pm)alpal Wrote:

Yours in sadness,

Michael

Yeah I have Pro-oilers on Bus and Storm plus on my sons street triple best thing since sliced bread dunno why they do not come standard
How do you keep the rim's clean ? I reckon it takes less time to lube the chain than to clean the excess oil off the rim's but, thats just Me .

(07-11-2011, 09:37pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:

Yours in sadness,

Michael

How do you keep the rim's clean ? I reckon it takes less time to lube the chain than to clean the excess oil off the rim's but, thats just Me .

The chain stays cleaner flick off guarantees it, the rims get dirty but no different to chainlube probably better works off speedo drive signal so only pumps when moving and is infinitely variable and processor controlled you always have film between rollers and sprockets and you can feel it even manually pushing bike is easier. wouldn't go back no more f*&^ing around on trips (missus hated spinning wheel and spraying chain while I manhandled bike up on sidestand) never replaced oil in container yet on storm and has done over 10000 k's with it on. Brilliant system
(07-11-2011, 09:59pm)alpal Wrote:
(07-11-2011, 09:37pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:

Yours in sadness,

Michael

The chain stays cleaner flick off guarantees it, the rims get dirty but no different to chainlube probably better works off speedo drive signal so only pumps when moving and is infinitely variable and processor controlled you always have film between rollers and sprockets and you can feel it even manually pushing bike is easier. wouldn't go back no more f*&^ing around on trips (missus hated spinning wheel and spraying chain while I manhandled bike up on sidestand) never replaced oil in container yet on storm and has done over 10000 k's with it on. Brilliant system
Yeah the Strom blokes love them But after spending 100 hr's + polishing my rims I Don't want to constantly Drip feed oil onto them . You got a Wee Or a V?, as I'm thinking of getting one to use as a work vehicle .Mostly metropolitan use , I HAVE to go to 8 pub's EVERY day . It's Tough .