K9 Weight
BUSGO Wrote:Dry weight of the GEN II as listed on the distributed handbook, service manual and advertising pamphlets is 220kg dry. There are 27 litres of fluids when fuel tank is full.
Where does anyone that says it is heavier get their info from?

There have been items on the Gen II that have received weight reductions compared to the Gen 1 such as,
All the plastics are lighter, some engine components are lighter, the wheels are lighter and so on.
Of course the exhaust system is a bit heavier than the stock Gen 1 but that is easily fixed.

Weights Gen2 is heavier how do I know because I have been underneath both of them & the gen2 is defiantly heavier Embarassed
OH NO! What happened this time?
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Sounds like a bunch of GenI riders who are jelous and trying to hold on to outdated bikes :)
Egos; everyone got one
Bike 250kg
Me 120kg
Missus 85 kg
still not even the weight of a goldwing

LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE

LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE
busakid08 Wrote:Sounds like a bunch of GenI riders who are jelous and trying to hold on to outdated bikes :)

Not jealous at all,just faster and lighter.Brings yours to the drags weigh it for yourself.Then i,ll run ya with my little oldsteam powered gen1.Facts are facts,after fitting a pipe to both, a gen2 is still 10kg heavier.I agree its weight distribution is better for handling,just worse for dragging.Or maybe we could just go over to simmos and lay each bike on top of him and see which one he can push off.
Please don't open that stock GEN 1 can of worms again Glen.

If there is a NON STOCK Gen 1 in OZ, its yours from what I hear.
Popcorn (Lookout, I'm in trouble again)
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
busakid08 Wrote:Sounds like a bunch of GenI riders who are jelous and trying to hold on to outdated bikes :)

Lol2 ha ha ha ha good one BK Clap
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa
Gen 1 has the old up front weight distribution while gen2 is like the new zx10r,more to the back less on the front.This setup loads the front less when the bike is leaning cause under lean the suspension is compressed and weight distribution will be 50/50!Clever!

Still if you want less weight buy a 12Bump!!
BUSGO Wrote:Please don't open that stock GEN 1 can of worms again Glen.

MMM Errr Blackie where are you Grouphug
simmo Wrote:
BUSGO Wrote:Please don't open that stock GEN 1 can of worms again Glen.

MMM Errr Blackie where are you Grouphug

comon simmo your Gen 2 goes 282 kgs wet..
kawasuki Wrote:comon simmo your Gen 2 goes 282 kgs wet..
is that for real? cant be given simmo has light rims and full exhaust! is it simmo and bike are 282 wet:P
Regards

Dan
Dan85 Wrote:
kawasuki Wrote:comon simmo your Gen 2 goes 282 kgs wet..
is that for real? cant be given simmo has light rims and full exhaust! is it simmo and bike are 282 wet:P

No Dan, when it was stock.