Poll: did you use a tuner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
no tuner
50.00%
6 50.00%
yes tuner added
50.00%
6 50.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

4 into 1 without tuners
"quote Glenn.
Apparently the gen2,s narrowband pulls the airfuel back to 14.7 in the busgo range anyway.90-130k,s up to 30% throttle with non stock cans fitted"
unquote.

I don't know where you get your ideas about my riding range Glenn, I assure you that I use the full throttle and rev range as often as possible mate. If I was cruising as you suggest, I would be looking for a BMW with panniers.
The slip on cans don't appear to have any effect on the bike at all compared to the stock mufflers.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Lol2Lol2Lol2
9 seconds is not a ride. 9 hours is a ride.
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:
ohdear Wrote:
Spud Wrote:I've got the R77 with no added electronics and seemingly no detrimental effects. The Busa is bullshit fast so I am not going to make it go faster until I have a name like Rossi.

Gen 2 run rich and richer with after market system. The fuel line (full power) is also much leaner in the under 6.5 K range than above it. if you adjust with the Yosh box then you can either have correct A/F below 6.5 K and to rich above or correct A/F above 6.5 K and to lean below. You cannot change the shape of the fuel line with a Yosh box hence a power commander or some other after market system to "straighten" the fuel line so that correct A/F is obtained thru out entire rev range. As for making it go faster Coolsmiley this is not the case, it's simply a matter of having the motor run with correct A/F the power gained is simply an advantage gained from correct fueling being obtained. Simply put the fueling is either correct or it's not >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> out of the box it's not even close Eek
If that is the case, my question is - Does running an aftermarket set, whether they be slip ons or a full system that create a rich environment, hurt an engine in any way at all for road use?
Running lean will cause damage but does running a little rich have any ill effects on the hardware?
I am thinking that the engine may just run a little warmer than normal.
I'm confused I always thought running a more efficient (no cats etc) after market 4 into 1 system would actually make it run lean and that you would have to add fuel
Doing the jindabyne loop rain hail snow or shine every year is riding.Very Happy
No Glenn it is getting wet and cold and risking your life for no reason.
Doing it in the sleet once should have been enough for you to appreciate the dangers.
I risk life and limb for emergencies only, not for bragging rights.
Regards BUSGO
removed my post,rather use my energy for good and not waste it on crap.full systems without tuning won,t hurt your motor,the end.
You really are living in a dream world Glenn.Lol3
Good luck with that.
Lol2
I've got a smiley that can bounce up and down too!
Getting out on the track a few times a year will certainly help hone your skills. Riding every other day for hours on end, keeps them sharp all the time. Riding in foul weather is a condition that you learn by doing it all the time, not once a year.
Now I'm off for a 1500 k spin. I'm confident that I will be back on Sunday night with no offs or crashes and I will love every minute of it.
If the weather is fine we will have a ball, if it is wet, I'll ride accordingly and still have fun.
Action-smiley-083
Regards BUSGO
ok boys weve gotten to that point every dissagreement gets to. so you may aswell flop em out and start measuring cause neither of you are getting anywere with the other
Regards

Dan
I reckon we should have a race to see who gets the best fuel economy and the best milage out of a set of hoops.

I will loose this one so i wont enter.
Ok.... Getting back to running rich or not, my R77 does have a power commander and runs super rich. This could be S&R Pro stuffing up with the tuning , but I will have to wait till I get it re tuned.The main reason for the power commander is correct fueling, if you can tell the difference between 180hp and 190hp your doing better than me.Changing the pipe also saves 17kg and sounds great which is the best reason to change.
go to dyno dave at sydney dyno,one of the few i trust unattended with my bike.