Thinking of turning my 99 Busa into a track bike...
(29-05-2009, 07:34am)spamanglenn Wrote: with steve cutting riding dads bike actually,im havent been that quick.Oh yeah steve is over 90kg,most of it balls.

Dude, if this guy rides so well, and he's riding a beautiful bike like your dad's, yet you're paying attention to the size of his nuts, you really need to get out of the house more... Roll
At the end of the days its your bike & your decission but you asked. Dont waste a good bike, if you realy want a track busa, get a broken one and fix it with glass panels & put it on a diet by removing the junk, lights, pillion bits. At least it may handle & be a bit easier on the body for a few laps. Leigh
Getting ready to make some noise.

Pan you ride like a girl just use a pushy as a track bike.Pi_tongue

Sing out if you want a hand stripping her down mate I'm going to do a spannering session here in a few weeks when Franko's parts arrive. Prolly make a day of it with a BBQ too all welcome as usual. I'll put up a post when he finds out a delivery date.
Pan if your doing good lap times on your Bus you will be smoking on a Gixxer 1000 or 600 even a Daytona 675 might be the go.
And your right about track days being fun not about winning so maybe just get the Bus a bit lighter and Just ride for yourself.
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
(30-05-2009, 04:34pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote: Pan you ride like a girl

...if you mean, "like a girl... who lapped Australia in 14 days", then...

THANK YOU! Very Happy
(28-05-2009, 06:22pm)jamieBezzina Wrote: Ya and having a gsxr 1000 or 600 makes go past you makes the Busa look like shit. If they were a good track bike suzuki would not have made the gsxr1000 ,600 or 750. Busa on the track, waste of time and your money.But if you want to go slow around the track go for it ,go reinvent the wheel its your money.Confused
Busa Track bikeLol3. Ya and fat people race horsesEmbarassed

Tell that to the R1's and Gixers and the 1098 I overtook around the outside at turn 1 and turn 4 and on the inside of them at MG at PI and then said see ya later down the front straight!!!!!!!! I say "Go for it Pan" Pi_thumbsup
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
i'd love to see a busa track bike go for it!!!!!
(01-06-2009, 02:40pm)bigfoot Wrote: i'd love to see a busa track bike go for it!!!!!

Is there any kind of Busa you wouldnt like to see/feel/ride/buy?
a broken one!
Go for it pan. After a while you'll miss the road riding and have to go and buy another. I have my 2000 in the shed just about to run out of rego and have been toying with a few ideas. naked musclebike?? who knows?
markCoolsmileyPi_thumbsup
heres some motivation Pan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(27-05-2009, 08:42am)pan Wrote: Competing ends up in people chucking too much money at their bikes (just to prove a point Boobies4) and becoming grumpy, unsocial, creating enemies and being over-opinionated...

I'm like this and I don't even race anymore.......Lol2
It's a week by week charade.
(02-06-2009, 03:51pm)bigfoot Wrote: heres some motivation Pan

Got plenty of that already Biggie!!!

[Image: busa.jpg]

[Image: busa2.jpg]

[Image: BusaECApril2008.jpg]

[Image: panonaSundayafternoon.jpg]

[Image: th_RATSHayabusa.jpg]
awesome stuff Pan!
Just how much would you like to spend?
You can keep you bike stock and convert it to a track bike with a few mods..
You can save a lot of weight by taking off the oem fairing all the lights/signals/meters and fitting only fiberglass top fairing/tail/tank cover.
APE offers also a plastic gas tank that is a lot lighter than oem.

But like said here earlyer it is better to get a salvage busa and mod it.

Again only fiberglass top fairing/tail/tank cover,no wires except the necesery for ignition,no lights instruments,no battery(APE also offers a engine starter engine cover) no pair system
no starter motor and ballancer.
You can cut the pillion part of the subframe and get a pair of ebay yokes and loose the heavy stock ones.

And fit what ever swingarm is sorter than the busas' for a a shorter wheelbase..Coolrasta